Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Christmas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 07, 2010
Dear KingsIsle,

I wanted to let you know how much fun our family had with the Nightmare Packs this Halloween season. My Death wizard is usually shy of death items preferring the castle themed homes and decor. This year I decorated my very first Death house and had so much fun sharing it with friends. I was brain-storming ideas for Christmas as I finished decorating. These items could be in a Christmas gift pack, crafted or crown only items:

Christmas Tree Kit or individual items
1. Tree:
Preset locations for ornament sets or pre-decorated
2. Lights:
Choice of white or colored, always on or twinkle
3. Decorations:
customizable or not
Balls = assorted colors, silver or gold
School = small ornaments of level one or two spells
Snowflakes
Icicles
4. Tree topper:
Seraph Angel or Sparkly Star
5. Tree skirt

Possible housing items:
1. Candy dish for guests:
Can only be used once a day per wizard
Only active in month of December:
Receive one Christmas treat: pet snack and or treasure card and small amount of gold
2. Wrapped Gift/s for guests:
Give one single gift from random list of clothing or gear or housing item in month of December to any visitors
Limit one per guest
3. Wreath for front doors of Houses
4. Swag (tree branch type) to hang in rooms like the party banner hangs
5. Small Seraph Angel housing item
6. Small Snowman housing item
7. Wind-up musical Snow Globe
8. Holiday fireplace with stockings
9. Plate of cookies with separate glass of milk for Santa
10. "Nativity Set Doodles" or small one for placing on a table with persons from Spiral such as Merle Ambrose and school teachers
11. Snow ground cover for outside houses.
12. Potted Poinsettia

Thank you so very much for your time and consideration,
The Mander Queen =^.^=

P.S. *My husband requests an open box you can put a Cheetah in (or puppy or kitty) LOL!

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
It'd be cool if it was sold at the Bazaar :]. I cant get crowns or any gift cards, it'd make me so happy if it wasnt a crowns only thing.. I really want to decorate my house for Christmas to show some Christmas spirit! ^.^

Alura M.
Level 60 Myth ;]

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
denebola wrote:
It'd be cool if it was sold at the Bazaar :]. I cant get crowns or any gift cards, it'd make me so happy if it wasnt a crowns only thing.. I really want to decorate my house for Christmas to show some Christmas spirit! ^.^

Alura M.
Level 60 Myth ;]

@Alura :) Love love Love it!
Thank you for posting this, it's Fantastic!! I wish there were more posts about Holiday suggestions. I cannot believe there are hardly any Holiday decorations around Wizard City or anywhere. I have yet to see hardly any holiday items in the crown shop or Wizard City Bazaar. No special holiday mounts or holiday houses. It would be a great idea if KI offered more Holiday items not just for Christmas but all seasons. KI could offer special Holiday bundle packs and more items in the crown shop or bazaar just as Alura mentioned above. If KI could respond to their customers with feedback we would really appreciate it.
Thank you
Angelfirewizard

Historian
May 01, 2010
You can glitch a tree if you want (not at all my idea), using a wide veriety of items like pets (firecat bloodbats, etc.), I have found that a 2-3 candles glitched inside a crystal ball, gives an awesome glow (hard to explain on forums, and again, I discovered this off a blog, and if you want me to tell you how, just tell me in a responce). There are a couple of tree skirts that you can use (and a medium evergreen tree in the Gh housing shop), for example, the stiched rug (might want to check the w101 central wiki for it)

And if you put enough time into farming, The Crusher (big ben secret boss, spill all milk jugs you see), drops a milk bottle, and there are milk jugs (cafeteria style) that you can buy or drop, not sure.

Lights: 1-2 candles, floating up in the air, with the crystal cluster, gives a fairly wizardly equivilance to the real thing.

Tree Topper: You can use pets like the Seraph, or even the Starfish (I used the crystal ball for mine)

For the housing items, kind of stumped glitching wise, so I do hope they add these (the Nativity doodle, do you mean the W101 equivilance with professors? Or am I missing the point completely?)

Anyway, not sure if you were aware of these glitches/items, but yea, I do hope they add your ideas (do NOT really want to spend the better part of a day getting mad at my tree next year)

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
I am all for adding christmas decorations, in some type of christmas pack in crown shop, but also at the bazaar or other world vendors.

What I really want to see available is:

Christmas wallpaper, (also wanted halloween wallpaper but that never happened)
brown, green, red, or black carpeting (or the option to dye say the pink carpet any color)
LOTS of gingerbread stuff. Love the wand I got from felix tho I feel odd as a lvl 63 life with a gingerbread wand (stitched to my best stat wand of course) but it was the only gingerbread item i've seen to be able to buy.
Wall paper with gingerbread men, omg i would so love that. Gingerbread cutout stand up guys like we had all those at halloween to put in our yards (and some santa, snowman, reindeer, candycanes)
all sorts of tree ornaments, including gingerbread men :-)
Somehow the ability to actually put these items on a tree without the need to glitch. I found a step by step guide in the wiz central forum on how to decorate a tree with balls of yarn by glitching but omg it sounds so complicated i dont wanna even try :-(
I just dont understand how they dont have holiday items like this at holiday time! I mean really, some people really get into the game and the decorating and stuff. Holiday wallpaper, yard decorations and stuff would be great. The most out of the box stuff we have available not related much to a world specifically is the cake, party banner, balloons, party gift, bear with hat, gobbler piniata (probably spelled that wrong lol) and a punch bowl
oh and a toy train plus a larger one you can craft. idk where the train and track came about, but what the heck, KI get us in the holiday spirit! We need decorations, holiday themed wall papers (and basically just new wall papers and flooring, our choices are soooo old) holiday pictures, i'd love a pic of a gingerbread man lol. Oh and another color choice in ladies dye shop options for girls... brown. I tried to go holiday but with red and gold for a 'gingerbread type' look, but the gold just is too light. Need a brown in the dye shop color choices :-) some of us dont like green lol

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
I hope KingsIsle reads this thread and responds. I love the idea of decorating houses and dorms for Christmas, and in fact have discussed it with many of my friends on the game and they all would like to see that. You could also have a decorating contest much like the recent one for the Wizard101 birthday.

I think the first post had really great ideas. Just to re-iterate a few items that would be cool and a few new ones too...

***Christmas Wreaths (although I'm not sure how you could place it on the front door, but at least to hang on walls)

***Christmas Trees (either the decorate your own idea or maybe a few different choices of pre-decorated trees, different colors, themes, etc.)

***Tree Skirts (probably rug form, where you can place it on the floor and place things on top of it)

***Stockings (individual or a string of them that could hang on walls. Again, not sure how they would hang from a fireplace mantle or shelf)

***Garland (similar to the stocking idea)

***String of Christmas Lights (similar to the string of stockings or garland idea. Maybe different colors to choose from)

***Christmas Fireplace (a fireplace already pre-decorated with Christmas decorations. Might be easier than trying to find a way to attach decorations to current fireplaces)

***Snowman (exterior decoration)

***Pile of Snow (much like the pile of dirt or pile of sand that is available now)

I'm sure there are countless other ideas out there as well. I just tried to think of a few that seem like they wouldn't be too difficult to do, especially since we're already a week into December.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,
Robert K.
aka
Robert Stormbringer

Survivor
Feb 02, 2011
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
M1ch3773 wrote:
Dear KingsIsle,

I wanted to let you know how much fun our family had with the Nightmare Packs this Halloween season. My Death wizard is usually shy of death items preferring the castle themed homes and decor. This year I decorated my very first Death house and had so much fun sharing it with friends. I was brain-storming ideas for Christmas as I finished decorating. These items could be in a Christmas gift pack, crafted or crown only items:

Christmas Tree Kit or individual items
1. Tree:
Preset locations for ornament sets or pre-decorated
2. Lights:
Choice of white or colored, always on or twinkle
3. Decorations:
customizable or not
Balls = assorted colors, silver or gold
School = small ornaments of level one or two spells
Snowflakes
Icicles
4. Tree topper:
Seraph Angel or Sparkly Star
5. Tree skirt

Possible housing items:
1. Candy dish for guests:
Can only be used once a day per wizard
Only active in month of December:
Receive one Christmas treat: pet snack and or treasure card and small amount of gold
2. Wrapped Gift/s for guests:
Give one single gift from random list of clothing or gear or housing item in month of December to any visitors
Limit one per guest
3. Wreath for front doors of Houses
4. Swag (tree branch type) to hang in rooms like the party banner hangs
5. Small Seraph Angel housing item
6. Small Snowman housing item
7. Wind-up musical Snow Globe
8. Holiday fireplace with stockings
9. Plate of cookies with separate glass of milk for Santa
10. "Nativity Set Doodles" or small one for placing on a table with persons from Spiral such as Merle Ambrose and school teachers
11. Snow ground cover for outside houses.
12. Potted Poinsettia

Thank you so very much for your time and consideration,
The Mander Queen =^.^=

P.S. *My husband requests an open box you can put a Cheetah in (or puppy or kitty) LOL!
I think its a good idea but I also think its a waste of Crowns and money, there are poor people out there who would love to buy that but they have no money to buy Crowns.