Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Worst luck with stats from pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 22, 2011
Ok, i have the worse luck in the game Seriously when i trained my kracken pet to ancient, it gave me that stats as follows: 4% storm damage plus ,3% power pip chance plus,and "may cast a storm trap spell" Seriously! Then when i hatched my kracken with phionex,(it was a thunderbird) i trained it to ancient and it gave me as follows- 3% plus storm RESIST may cast storm trap spell 2 plus FIRE ACCURACY and i forgot the other stat i: SERIOUSLY these are the worst stats i evern seen on my pet! I seen people with thunderbirds that gave them spritly at TEEN! and a lot other pets that give them way better stats! Is this a glitch? Or is it just bad luck? please help!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It's bad luck. Learned pet talents and abilities are random. Your pet can get good ones or bad ones.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Your pet can get a total of 10 talents. Out of those, your pet will only manifest (display) a total of 4 talents - the others are "latent", or unshown, talents. The pet still "owns" those talents, however, and that counts when you hatch it - passing those talents down to its offspring.

When you hatch two pets, such as creating a hybrid between a Fire School and a Storm School pet, the baby pet will have talents from BOTH its parents. So, in the case of your Thunder Bird, it'll inherit half of the Phoenix's talents, and half of the Kraken's talents - and those are not always the talents that are actually showing. Therefore, your Thunder Bird ended up with Fire Accuracy (and it will have a few latent others) from the Phoenix, and Storm Resist+Trap from the Kraken.

Sometimes you get lucky, and get a pet that manifests really great talents. Sometimes it'll show off its bad ones. All you can do is hatch and try again. Not all pets that have the option to manifest Spritely actually do so, either - they are just usually the ones that people KEEP (the rejects are usually sold, stuck into a stash, or left to roam a house).

I mean, you can hatch a Helephant with a Colossus, and end up with a Helephant that have ice blade, ice attack, ice trap and ice resistance...
Personally, I'm still trying to breed my Sea Dragon's talents onto a simple Snow Serpent.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Storm456456 wrote:
Ok, i have the worse luck in the game Seriously when i trained my kracken pet to ancient, it gave me that stats as follows: 4% storm damage plus ,3% power pip chance plus,and "may cast a storm trap spell" Seriously! Then when i hatched my kracken with phionex,(it was a thunderbird) i trained it to ancient and it gave me as follows- 3% plus storm RESIST may cast storm trap spell 2 plus FIRE ACCURACY and i forgot the other stat i: SERIOUSLY these are the worst stats i evern seen on my pet! I seen people with thunderbirds that gave them spritly at TEEN! and a lot other pets that give them way better stats! Is this a glitch? Or is it just bad luck? please help!

Hey Storm,

Unfortunately it's not a glitch :-(
You're just going through a bit of a bad luck streak.

I know all too well how frustrating pet training can be.
It took me countless tries before I got my pet decent talents.

I hate to see people struggling so hard with pets. Especially since it's random, and not something you can easily control. It can drive a person mad!

I can help you out if you want..
I have a pretty nice collection of pets. They have spell proof, pain giver, spritely, and pip boost or accuracy boosts between them.
Just let me know when you'll be online, and in what realm, and I think I can help change your luck.

Let me know if interested