Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Partys in towers

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2008
Everytime i go to Ravenwood there is always somenone saying for example PARTY AT THE FIRE TOWER, i dont want to be rude but it is a little annoying whats the point. Also once someone said get a date or get a girl. What do you guys think about these "partys"?

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
Generally I would say ignore them.

Odds are it is the younger crowd just trying to get a bunch of people that they can chat with - which is okay. But I have been in a tower when a party fell on my head and I spent the next few minutes ignoring people due to the spam.

If you aren't a social style player or just don't care for lots of spam and whining - stay away from tower parties. Don't ruin it for them - if you don't like them - just stay away :D

Live and let live. Personally - I enjoy being alone

Defender
Jan 20, 2009
Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Just ignore the little spammers.
If you have to go to Wizard City do it in a less populated realm.
When running around in Dragonspyre i use Ambrose or Baelstrom but when i am of to WC i use Wu or Lincoln.

//Richard Darkstone - Party Crasher.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
to help keep the little one from repeating them selves to me i just use the menu button plz stop bothering me also since i am a grand master i go back to original robes and but on a low title for moving around in wc there are times it is just plain annoying to deal with all the be my friend request because i happen to be going from my room to the tree when they are planning there party

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
I dont't think it would be fair to report people for wanting to have parties in the towers. It is just a fun way to get to know others. Although it is annoying. If they are really getting on your nerves, use the ignore button. Then you can't hear what they say and they can't ask to be your friend, solving that problem as well.

I like the parties every once and a while though. Unless you are in the party and people are asking to date others or saying things they shouldn't, then you should not report them. In fact, my sister and I threw a party once and I had fun. We got to judge the pet contest. That was the best part.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
I would like to make a saying. I told staff this.
So I am just going to make this some sort of quote.
"The part of the virtual world is to help others. If its not going to be used correctly there shouldn't be a virtual chat and watching other people. " I sort of tweeked it up alittle bit . Although the game will be boring. Personally you are able to Ignore them and you won' hear them. But the up key and enter spamming is sort of annoying sometimes.

Defender
Oct 14, 2008
I'm totally fine with the partys, but with the saying "Get a girl or a date" or especially "Bring a hot girl!" Is totally supposed to be a reporting time, most places i look there are "Girl friends" and "Boy friends" Which is strictly unexeptable, I say people over 13 should be able to say that stuff, :? but not the "bring a girl" stuff at all. :x
luna0616

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
People spam party at a tower because they want to be social and meet friends, what if instead of spamming there was something like a party room and it said if there was a party going on in there or not. To create a party you have to spend 500 gold for drinks and such? I say 500 gold because the novice wizards may not be able to afford what a grand master can.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
MercuryMilo wrote:
Just ignore the little spammers.
If you have to go to Wizard City do it in a less populated realm.
When running around in Dragonspyre i use Ambrose or Baelstrom but when i am of to WC i use Wu or Lincoln.

//Richard Darkstone - Party Crasher.

8)

I find Helephant and Sunbird especially good, since I find a lot of Quest-minded players there when I get stuck...

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 35, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")

8)

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
HAHA i have a question of what happens when you do get reported. and what are the reasons to report someone? I have heard some stuff about losing text chat when you get reported. is it true and if it is do you lose text chat for your whole account?

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
There are two reasons to go in:
1) There might be strong or basically unallowed language in the party that needs to be reported ( by you that is).
2) There might be people who could be nice and might help with a quest.

8) BEAN696 8)

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
It a kids thing .... let them have their fun. Remember this is a kids game. PARTY HARDY LITTLE DUDES!!! 8)