Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP Rank Down

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2008
Is any one fed up by the ranking up or down and how many points you earn or lose? I was so close to captain, and lost to a 48 storm who i beat earlier. I gotten 8 points from him, and he got 24 from me. I know most of you guys are gonna say that my rank is high, so i get less points. C'mon guys, we all know this isn't fair. As i type this, i'm in 1v1 against a fire legend. He has a level advantage, gear advantage, AND got first turn. Having first turn does a big difference but that is chosen randomly ( I hope). I really think this ranking up/down point system is reversed. I should EARN more points from killing a lvl 60 who criticaled multiple times in the match, which i cant block ( Lvl 40 ). Also don't tell me to use conviction, i have it and it doesn't work 100%. At least give us critical blocking gear on PVP gear, not crown gear. Or switch the point system around. I'm not ranting, Suggesting with some true points.

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
I logged back in to these forums to start pretty much the same topic. Lost once, then twice in a row to the same down ranker; fully pvp geared, with an amazing pet. May Cast Unicorn, MC Sprite, and Spell Defy/Proof.

I had just trekked my way a few wins in to the captain rank too, now i'm back to veteran. With more tickets than i can handle. Whenever i reach a milestone in the rating its almost as if KI has a system in place to keep people from advancing too fast. Hard to believe since they dont care if legends carry noobs through 2v2 though....

My suggestion though, and the point of this post is.....
Set a rating limit that you cannot equip commander gear while you are under.
If somebody is decent enough to get 800+ rating and all their tickets, they have no excuse to down rank back in to the 400s. If you do, you should be punished by the commander gear 'falling off' and not providing any stat bonuses.

You can still slap on your veteran set if you have it, and if you dont, you down ranked for tickets anyways, didnt you? Odds are you have 40-50$ invested in crowns gear anyways that I dont think should 'fall off' since you paid good money for, and KI loves it when you pay them good money.

Logically, anybody in commander gear has no business being ranked that low; forcing players who may not even have more than 10% to damage of their school to overcome ~40% in universal resistance. All because you can't win a whole 14 tickets when you are up with the big boys.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2008
classact21 wrote:
I logged back in to these forums to start pretty much the same topic. Lost once, then twice in a row to the same down ranker; fully pvp geared, with an amazing pet. May Cast Unicorn, MC Sprite, and Spell Defy/Proof.

I had just trekked my way a few wins in to the captain rank too, now i'm back to veteran. With more tickets than i can handle. Whenever i reach a milestone in the rating its almost as if KI has a system in place to keep people from advancing too fast. Hard to believe since they dont care if legends carry noobs through 2v2 though....

My suggestion though, and the point of this post is.....
Set a rating limit that you cannot equip commander gear while you are under.
If somebody is decent enough to get 800+ rating and all their tickets, they have no excuse to down rank back in to the 400s. If you do, you should be punished by the commander gear 'falling off' and not providing any stat bonuses.

You can still slap on your veteran set if you have it, and if you dont, you down ranked for tickets anyways, didnt you? Odds are you have 40-50$ invested in crowns gear anyways that I dont think should 'fall off' since you paid good money for, and KI loves it when you pay them good money.

Logically, anybody in commander gear has no business being ranked that low; forcing players who may not even have more than 10% to damage of their school to overcome ~40% in universal resistance. All because you can't win a whole 14 tickets when you are up with the big boys.

Happened to me also, Went against a lvl 48 myth. Fully geared in commander gear. Of course i go second and don't stand a change with an earthquake and fully bladed orthorus. The only good part of the match was he couldnt critical.