Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Took my death and life into waterworks using 2 accounts, there was so much resistance that it took 8 hours of fighting to complete the dungeon.
The end fight was the worst. My life was there to Blade and sheild and help heal, it was not there to hit. Death had his hands more than full but I consider myself a very good player and even though it took so long I came out on top. They both were killed several times durring the last fight, Mana almost gone, it was not what I call fun at all.
I again ask the game is there any sense in having such a tough part to the game, this is unnecessary. To take such long hours to complete one quest is stupidity. The converts were removed as traps but when placed and hit on they were not traps. So if you are fire or death I say dont go unless you have another school with you because too much resistance. I stop using Blades on Death at the end and would only use feints and converts.
The fight is highly one sided and if they had to use converts and do as the players do it would be more even matched. Converts should not be removed they are not traps and they should never be removed.
The tower in the new area of the game, Heliphant, I probably wont even go there at all. I hear from players how impossible it is to win there. Some say they have met very few players that have completed the tower. Again, I ask is there any sense in having such a hard quest in the game? Some call it competition, I call it a wearing and down tearing ecperience because face it who likes to lose over and over again. The longer and tougher the quests get the harder it is for me to open the game and play.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I personally, have defeated this dungeon more times than you can imagine...

This dungeon, is not difficult, if you know what you are doing, know the rules, when the rounds change...

If you went in there blind, how did you expect to see?

Sorry, but your little complaint about this dungeon really has no bearing and I am surprised to hear you say, you think you are good, when you go blindly into things and when it takes you time, for going blindly, with only your own 2 characters, then want to come here and whine and complain about this dungeon... Well, I have no sympathy for ya... Sorry

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Darkblood1 wrote:
To take such long hours to complete one quest is stupidity.

Agreed, and that's why I never tried it with two wizards. Four wizards who know what they're doing can complete it in about an hour.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
The waterworks and Helephant Tower are designed to be the hardest dungeons in the game. They are suppose to take awhile to complete. They are suppose to keep wizards somewhat active while waiting on new worlds/content. They are not designed for quick easy farming, nor are they required for storyline progression.

They are optional.

What you are complaining about, is exactly what they are for. Very challenging and hard enemies.

I again ask the game is there any sense in having such a tough part to the game, this is unnecessary.

Your right it is unnecessary, that is why it is an optional dungeon.

In other games you can select between easy, medium and hard. Is hard mode necessary, no. But it is there to give players the option to challenge themselves.

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
One thing you should never do is go into the waterworks with inly 2 people. You are setting your self up for a disaster. You need 4 people to complete the dungeon in at least 2 hours. Though you can finish the final duel with 2 people, i was able to with a life and fire, you need both people to attack and heal. The dungeon is easy if you have enough people.

Diana Dragonpyre
Life: Legendary

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
While I have defeated this dungeon many times with just two wizards, I am surprised players think you are setting yourself up for defeat by taking just two wizards. My life and storm has defeated waterworks so much it isnt funny. My Life and Myth have done the same. My life and Fire has defeated waterworks as well BUT the resistance for Fire was bad, and the resistance for Death was bad.
Even though I have defeated this dungeon with two wizards that is not the point, the point is why have such a hard quest in the game such as this. Heliphant tower, I will probably never go there and if I do it wont be with two wizards. Because the quest is too hard with 4 wizards.
I am asking why create places in the game players will eventually avoid. Because players that do not know better will take fire and death into waterworks and be killed because their converts are removed and just give up after so many defeats. This is why I posted, Take another school with you.
I play the game alone. I use one wizard a lot and other time two. From unicorn way up I never ask for help. I never need it. I am having a hard time understanding players that do ask for help. I help them, but I often see where they could win the fight with proper deck organization and hits.
I set my deck before every fight. I know what is in treasure and what is in the main deck. I often have just two hits in main deck and one in treasure. and often never use them all. You dont need to fill a 60 card deck to the brim with what you might need. Notice I said MIGHT, put in it what you will need.
I have went through the game with wizards that have never been killed, never, from unicorn way up. But to go to complicated hard places in the game to wear myself out, I just cant see it. I beat waterworks with Death and life. It took a long time to do it but with just life and death it was hard.
So maybe other places in the game may not be what i call enjoyment. Because they are too complicated and too time consuming. My advice, dont try it with two wizards especially if one is fire and other death. Because the resistance is too hard, converts will be removed and it is very hard this way. For me, there is always the enjoyment of the original game.
Now when it comes down to good players. I dont need to prove anything to anyone. I already know who is the best.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:
Took my death and life into waterworks using 2 accounts, there was so much resistance that it took 8 hours of fighting to complete the dungeon.
The end fight was the worst. My life was there to Blade and sheild and help heal, it was not there to hit. Death had his hands more than full but I consider myself a very good player and even though it took so long I came out on top. They both were killed several times durring the last fight, Mana almost gone, it was not what I call fun at all.
I again ask the game is there any sense in having such a tough part to the game, this is unnecessary. To take such long hours to complete one quest is stupidity. The converts were removed as traps but when placed and hit on they were not traps. So if you are fire or death I say dont go unless you have another school with you because too much resistance. I stop using Blades on Death at the end and would only use feints and converts.
The fight is highly one sided and if they had to use converts and do as the players do it would be more even matched. Converts should not be removed they are not traps and they should never be removed.
The tower in the new area of the game, Heliphant, I probably wont even go there at all. I hear from players how impossible it is to win there. Some say they have met very few players that have completed the tower. Again, I ask is there any sense in having such a hard quest in the game? Some call it competition, I call it a wearing and down tearing ecperience because face it who likes to lose over and over again. The longer and tougher the quests get the harder it is for me to open the game and play.

I'm sorry but a lot of you people are complainers!!! Its a game! Waterworks is so easy!!!! I did it 4 times and won 4 times!!!! If your gonna complain don't say anything!! So many people have finished these dungeons! I always see the badges Waterworks Warrior, Liberator of the Helephant, and Briskbreeze Champion!