Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Being able to change our character names

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 21, 2009
I am sick of my characters name "Aaron raven stone which I realized made no sends after my 4th day because I had hit random and changed the first one to "Aaron" but raven stone part of it makes no sense at all and now I am lvl 60 and seriously want to change it cause I am very "menacing" in a battle and want to have a more menacing name. So could all ya nice fellows over at KI make some NPC maybe in wizardcity be able to change our names for a small fee of gold or crowns PLZ? Perhaps gamma could do this for us sense he just sits in that room on his perch with a big spiral model in it. Who here thinks the same and also has a weird character name they want to change to something more evil, menacing, bold, witty, funny, or complex SPEAK UP.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
No we cant. KI will never add this because your friends wont recognize you. And I kinda like your name ;) So sorry if I was mean on the upper part. It just wont happen really. Just giving some advice.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
You should've thought of that before you made your character, sorry. KI has said countless times that they don't plan on adding a change name option.

Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
I'd like that too. True, you're friends won't recognize you. But Mr. Lincoln could notify your friends on the right side of the screen.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2009
Well maybe they could have some kind of system like say for example a purple bubble with a yellow "!" in it and when they click it a little message will pop up saying that ----- ------- ------- has changed there names to ------ ------- ------ or there could be a thing In the options tab that would make them still see your name as your first orgininal name