Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unitended Halloween fun

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 08, 2011
I managed to disguise myself as a wooden crate tonight.

My third character, a young myth wizard, was doing the Cyclops Lane quests when the idea struck me. I made one of the armor crates vanish, collecting it for a quest, then stepped into the location and waited for it to re-appear. Voila! One crate with a blue character name floating above it, and only the tip of my hat visible. If I'd used a skeleton polymorph or had a skullcap of some sort, I would have been only visible as the name over the crate.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
bangoben wrote:

My third character, a young myth wizard, was doing the Cyclops Lane quests when the idea struck me. I made one of the armor crates vanish, collecting it for a quest, then stepped into the location and waited for it to re-appear. Voila! One crate with a blue character name floating above it, and only the tip of my hat visible. If I'd used a skeleton polymorph or had a skullcap of some sort, I would have been only visible as the name over the crate.

so basicly ya found a glitch ya should put it in the right forum

put this in halstons labratory

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
Ha ha! that's awesome, never thought of something like that lol. What i'd like to know is how some people can do glitches in this game. I've ported to some people that were high above trees in one area of wizard city (cant remember where) and over in olde town by the crafting lady where there is a bridge, there were some kids behind the bars under the bridge. Idk how they got in there, but it looked funny lol.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2011
grvy123 wrote:
bangoben wrote:

this isnt a glitch, he was just hiding behind something .

Defender
May 18, 2009
grvy123 wrote:
bangoben wrote:

It's not really a glitch, it's more of a fun and clever idea.

Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
TarynHeart wrote:
Ha ha! that's awesome, never thought of something like that lol. What i'd like to know is how some people can do glitches in this game. I've ported to some people that were high above trees in one area of wizard city (cant remember where) and over in olde town by the crafting lady where there is a bridge, there were some kids behind the bars under the bridge. Idk how they got in there, but it looked funny lol.

Yea, I'm wondering that too.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2010
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
grvy123 wrote:
bangoben wrote:

If KI didn't like it they wouldn't had even posted it so stop it.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
bravevline wrote:
grvy123 wrote:
bangoben wrote:

If KI didn't like it they wouldn't had even posted it so stop it.

ok to everyone the OP said he was in the crate literly

so i think its a glitch but hey if you guys are angry i will stop saying its a glitch

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
Not a glitch so much as an artifact of the programming. Or haven't you noticed that many objects are hollow, and only solid from the outside?

The game merely doesn't check for possible collisions when things spawn, much as it doesn't check for dematerialized/invisible creature states when the quest arrow is pointing to a nearby monster of the desired sort who currently isn't spawned.

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
That's cool! I would try that out myself but every time I try to do anything like that I end up getting falsely reported... :-o