Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Okay, I don't know what's going here

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Okay, I don't know what's going here:

I'll open the Wizard101 window, sign in, and entertain myself while the screen will loads. I'm a sporadic player due to my busy schedule, so it doesn't load as quickly as it does when I'm free and playing the game often. I usually get so engrossed in what I'm doing to occupy my time that I'll forget I was planning on playing Wizard101. I'll go back to the window and press "PLAY". The loading screen will come up, but then some render error message will come up (I'll type the specific message in when I come across it and explain why I don't have it in a second). Usually I'll just restart my computer and everything will be fine.

The above is what happened today. I had to close the failed start with Task Manager. After some time, I decided to attempt to open Wizard101 again so I could record the error message and put it in this original post, but there was no error message. The game worked just the way it was supposed to.

What's the real problem here? It's confusing me to no end.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
If you wait too long, it will say "Error: Invalid password, OR "Error: Waited too long?" It is when you log in, but dont click play soon enough

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Okay, I don't know what's going here:

I'll open the Wizard101 window, sign in, and entertain myself while the screen will loads. I'm a sporadic player due to my busy schedule, so it doesn't load as quickly as it does when I'm free and playing the game often. I usually get so engrossed in what I'm doing to occupy my time that I'll forget I was planning on playing Wizard101. I'll go back to the window and press "PLAY". The loading screen will come up, but then some render error message will come up (I'll type the specific message in when I come across it and explain why I don't have it in a second). Usually I'll just restart my computer and everything will be fine.

The above is what happened today. I had to close the failed start with Task Manager. After some time, I decided to attempt to open Wizard101 again so I could record the error message and put it in this original post, but there was no error message. The game worked just the way it was supposed to.

What's the real problem here? It's confusing me to no end.

If you are receiving: "Initialization error: Direct 3D renderer creation error" check the link below.

http://kingsisle.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/kingsisle.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=54

If that does not help follow the steps below:
1. From Start menu go to All Programs
2. Accessories
3. Windows Explorer
4. My Computer
5. (C:-)
6. Program Files
7. click the (+) sign beside KingsIsle Entertainment
8. click the (+) sign beside Wizard101
9. Now click on Bin: when you do this, look for a file tha says "config"
it is an XML document. Delete it. it will not cause any problems with
your game. It just resets your login.

If you are having the issue I mentioned above, I had the same thing happen to me and this is the info I got from wizard support when I reported it to them. If you are running 2 accounts, you may want to delete the file every time before you login to prevent getting this error. I do and it has kept me from getting the error since I do run 2 accounts. Also, if you are running Dual Monitors, you may get this error so you will want to delete the file before you login to the game.

Hope this helps

Defender
May 18, 2009