Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

defeating Randolf Spellshine

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 01, 2011
I cant seem to defeat Randolf Spellshine in the Tournament hall does anybody know how to help me out with this is there any special spells I should be using??

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
You don't need special spells, simply a strategy. The moment you attack Randolf he will use Vampire and restore his health. The answer to this problem? Knock him out with a one-hit spell. Build it up with blades and traps, and don't bother with implanting shields on yourself. He'll simply use that little spell where he removes all shields. :-)

For me, I defeated him using the Vampire with a Death Blade, Death Trap, Curse, & Feint. :-D

.Alexis Crow - Level 41

Survivor
Sep 08, 2010
Randolf is a trickster.
If you attack him without having a shield on, he casts Vampire. The main problem is that he casts a Shatter every 3 rounds. My suggestion? Don't shield. Wait till he draws the ice symbol and nothing happens. Then shield, then attack the next turn. If you didn't kill him, repeat the process.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2011
I am a lvl 30 Necromancer, I beat him on my first try. I hit him with cuse, then feint, then had my deathblade. Pulled Skeletal Pirate out, 1274 damage later, he admits I owned him :-)

Survivor
Nov 06, 2011
beckbrunner wrote:
I cant seem to defeat Randolf Spellshine in the Tournament hall does anybody know how to help me out with this is there any special spells I should be using??

I believe Randolf is a Myth School guy, so any strong Storm move should knock him out. I agree with previous repliers; use a move that will kill him in one hit. I just saved up Pips for a Kraken and KO-ed him easily.
I was actually dissapointed that he was so easy. If you have any spare gold on hand, buy a Kraken TC at the Bazaar.

Dakota Shadowleaf: Lvl 29 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Oct 09, 2010
I can't seem to beat him either. I have a 33 level life and I don't know what to do. I used krakens on him but it just won't work! Any extra help?

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
It is really easy to beat him if you are balance because you can just stock up on trap's and blades and either use spectral blast or judgement

Hunter DeathFlame Balance and Life Level 35

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
yo :-) i am a myth guy and when i versed randolf i just used kraken and he was gone. i was lev 32 then and it was my first go when i killed him. friends i know got defeated against him 17 times. and it only took me one layter ;)

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
for me randolf was easy considering i was level 60 necromancer.... but still i didnt have my deck prepared so i could only kill him in 2 rounds 8)

Survivor
May 07, 2009
What traps are you talking about? This part I am confused about. How to I get traps and how do I used them against him? Can someone help me better uderstand this part thanks so much..

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Survivor
Feb 13, 2011
Well I actually beat him using Skeletal Pirate with Feint,Curse, Death Blade,and Death Trap. Also If you want to defeat him again. You are unable to go and defeat him,I dont know why you cant just go and defeat him again like any other boss Not like he is a boss or anything but he does have his own chamber for the Tournament. I hope you have skeletal pirate if not just use vampire with all those traps and blades. If that doesn't work then add me, we will meet up. Peace

O AND P.S My name is Victoria Ghostblood, Level 30. Oh and don't worry if you think I will be level 31 by next week or so. I wont do quests, I am trying to get to Warlord in PVP. AND DONT FORGET
Well I actually beat him using Skeletal Pirate with Feint,Curse, Death Blade,and Death Trap I dont know why you cant just go and defeat him again like any other boss Not like he is a boss or anything but he does have his own chamber for the Tournament.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Any good buffed up spell can do it. As long as its strong. :-P You can use a Fireblade, Wyldfire, Fire Trap and an Elemental Trap used with Immolate os a good strategy for Fire wizards.

Good luck in future! :-)

Matthew Lightdreamer

Defender
Aug 06, 2011
I have an easy strategy for beating Randolf Spellshine. Just go to the Bazaar and buy a Do-Daga Treasure card. Also buy Myth Shield treasure card. Charge up the five pip Do-Daga with Myth Shield so he won't use vampire. Easy. Just use Do Daga and say bye to Pigswick Academy's tournament hopes.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2010
What if your an Ice Wizard ? Is there any moves up to Balefrost that can be used in a significant order to help me defeat him?