Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hawk Mount issue

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
While I truly love the look of the new Hawk mounts from Walmart's Hawk Rider Bundle, there is one big issue that makes it very difficult to use them. The visibility is terrible. The mount sits up higher, which is understandable since it's a bird and flies, but the vantage point did not change. This leaves the mount in the middle of your screen and it's very difficult to manuever around. This is probably my favorite mount but I find I can't use it since I can't see where I'm going very well at all! :? Please change this KI.

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
kmn0701 wrote:
While I truly love the look of the new Hawk mounts from Walmart's Hawk Rider Bundle, there is one big issue that makes it very difficult to use them. The visibility is terrible. The mount sits up higher, which is understandable since it's a bird and flies, but the vantage point did not change. This leaves the mount in the middle of your screen and it's very difficult to manuever around. This is probably my favorite mount but I find I can't use it since I can't see where I'm going very well at all! :? Please change this KI.

I've posted in several places how much i'm disappointed with this feature of such a beautiful mount. I love how it glides in open areas, but I dismount a lot in quest areas so I dont get pulled into a battle. I cant see reagents on the ground and wisps are kinda hard to catch also. And the first time I dismounted him in DS, I was suddenly underground. I could see the top of my winged hat and my sword but I was gone lol. I walked around like that for a while, then remounted and dismounted again and it didnt happen twice. Just got him yesterday and really want to pass him to my lvl 1 student and take back my ram :( since i cant afford the pegasus, which i bought and tested in the test realm and loved it. would get the black panther mount too if price is reasonable. At least for the money spent i got new gear, a storm bird since storm is my second school and hopefully he gives a blade... and the tapestry port to the bazaar is awesome, love that!

I have a bone dragon mount that I hate, came in the dragons hoard pack, wish we could trade house/pet/mount/snack items with other people instead of just treasure cards. I never get the right snacks for my pets.