Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A "Leeching" spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
So I was facing a Legendary fire in 2v2 PvP a few days back, and he had a life wizard on his team. He immediately used a Heckhound as soon as he got about 4 power pips. I took countinuous damage like I was supposed to. The life uses a sprite to heal damage from a wand spell I casted. I don't know how, but my mind instantaneously put the two together and then it hit me. Many people have been complaining about life not haveing a DoT. Since life is my main, I would have to agree. What if life had a HoT/DoT crossbreed? Damage would be done to the opponent, and the caster would get health. Now, I am willing to bet most of you are thinking, "You silly, fire alreadeh haz teh spell itz called Link/Power Link duhhh..."

No. No, No, No, No, NO.

That's not what I mean. Link has a fixed amount of health it heals you by, right? (Aside from the obvious healing boosts, guiding light, etc.) This spell will do a VERY poor amount of damage, however it will go on for more than three turns. Maybe about 5,6, or 7. However much damage you do to the oppenent per turn will be the EXACT amount you get per turn (plus boosts, etc..). I guess you could say it's kind of a leech seed type move. I am probably not explaining this the best i can , so I am sorry if you can't visualize the concept, I am not the skilled at explaining things

I am pretty sure you all can pretty much point out about a billion flaws in this system, so I will try to adress some of the ones I thought of myself here.

Q: Wouldn't this spell be better suited for death because of the whole "Draining" concept?
A: I guess so, yeah. However, I say life because death has a DoT, called poison. Life, in terms of DoT's,doesn't have anything whatsoever.

Q: Fire is the king of DoT's, wouln't this spell take away Fire's individuality?
A: Well, if you really think about it, every school except life and myth has some form of a DoT. Storm has Storm elf/hound, Ice has frostbite, Fire is pretty obvious, death has poison, balance can turn locust sworm into Ice locus which does DoT, Death has poison, leaving life and myth in the dust. If there is a DoT that can be transmuted from a life card, you'll have to forgive me, it has escaped my mind.

Q: Wait, if this spell goes for so many rounds, can't this potentially be the biggest shield destroying spam spells in the history of forever?
A: Uh...I don't have anything on this subject. This is pretty much the only true exploit I can see in this spell. It would be abused so much it would be practically impossible for the opponent to put up a shield of the same school. The only solution I can find to this is if it takes effect each round AFTER everybody has gone, or not be affected by shields altogether.

Well, thats about it, sorry for such a long post, just got an idea and thought I would put in my two cents. Happy Spell Casting Everyone!

~Mason Silvergrove, Legendary Life

Explorer
Mar 27, 2011
Hello,

funny idea, but a few cents worth of opinions:

cort1cool wrote:

This spell will do a VERY poor amount of damage, however it will go on for more than three turns. Maybe about 5,6, or 7.

Well let me tell you this: i can take a hydra, that has a base damage of 190, and have it inflict over 50k (that is, over 50000) points of damage. How weak should that spell be in order to avoid a sure kill?

However much damage you do to the oppenent per turn will be the EXACT amount you get per turn (plus boosts, etc..).

That would make you stronger than death, who can only absorb back half of its damage in HP.

Q: Fire is the king of DoT's, wouln't this spell take away Fire's individuality?
A: Well, if you really think about it, every school except life and myth has some form of a DoT. Storm has Storm elf/hound, Ice has frostbite, Fire is pretty obvious, death has poison, balance can turn locust sworm into Ice locus which does DoT, Death has poison, leaving life and myth in the dust. If there is a DoT that can be transmuted from a life card, you'll have to forgive me, it has escaped my mind.

Myth school has a special frog, that comes from its pet, that inflicts a DOT. Balance has no DOT: polar swarm is cast as an ice spell, not as a balance one, so you will need 3 full pips, unless you have an ice amulet, and will not benefit of the balance gear boost anyway. In short, you could take any other school DOT treasure card and use it instead, making the economy of the swarm mutation (that occupy a slot in your treasure cards and one in the deck for the base spell to convert).
Also you are forgetting bone dragon, the ice knight (forgot its name), beside the several fire ones.
All in all, remember that life has the unique heal all spells, that give them a huge advantage. If they were to get a DOT, i would cry for a heal all for balance or a Balance DOT spell. Or both.

Q: Wait, if this spell goes for so many rounds, can't this potentially be the biggest shield destroying spam spells in the history of forever?
A: Uh...I don't have anything on this subject. This is pretty much the only true exploit I can see in this spell. It would be abused so much it would be practically impossible for the opponent to put up a shield of the same school. The only solution I can find to this is if it takes effect each round AFTER everybody has gone, or not be affected by shields altogether

So after it gets uber-boosted you can't even shield against it?
And why should it last 6 or 7 rounds?
It is a fact that every player tend to imagine the best stuff for their school . But the truth is: this would be a terrible disbalancing spell in the schools equilibrium.

Well, thats about it, sorry for such a long post, just got an idea and thought I would put in my two cents. Happy Spell Casting Everyone!

If i may add a suggestion: every school has its strenghts and weaknesses. Of course when looking at one's neighbour, it always seem that they have better spells, but then again, once you get those, you discover that they have their weaknesses too. So if you think you are disadvantaged, try to find a way to turn around the problem with what you have (=triage, for example ), and remember that if you observe your opponent's game, you can soon start guessing what he will play next.

Happy PvP

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Defender
Mar 11, 2010
Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Sorry but I honestly don't think life needs a DoT spell. Not to metion they just got a DoT removing spell so it'd make the life school a hypocrite. Balance has no DoT spell because theres no spell that shields against balance other then tower shield, not everyone learned ice spells or likes to use treasure cards in PvP. Yes fire is the master of DoTs and AoE, but look basicly every school has a DoT spell I think its fair to say if fire is gonna have DoTs as one of its advantages they shouldn't give every school a DoT.
5-7 is crazy because if the spell gets crazy boosted how can anyone really shield against it since the max amount of life shields we can have is 5. Life is doing fine right now no doubt I battled about 3 today and barely won 1.

Aaron Drakewalker Legendary Pyromancer