Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A list of things that can improve the game.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
After playing off and on for very long time, I can clearly see there is a general consistancy to many systems. One obvious system is that it takes more XP to reach another level, after level ect. That system is consistant with crafting, as the crafting quests become more difficult to rank up, but come with better rewards. Those systems are consistant with PVP in that the more you win, the more difficult of opponets you will begin to face. Gardening is a much more new to me, however the guidelines appear about the same. As you rank up with gardening you get better garden spells and are allowed to plant higher level seeds. So what system is not consistant? That would be in pet training. It seems to me there should be a ranking up system that allows a wizard to do higher level training, instead of just an increasing cost to pet games. Pet games in itself does not make any since either. We play minigames to fill potion bottles and gain mana, however pet games deplete energy. It seems that the system should be that pets that partake in battles should spend the energy, and thus we play minigames to recover pet energy. Pet should gain Xp from being in battles, along with pet snacks after a battle. It would take much longer to level a pet up to epic that way, but it makes more since.

Another thing that is broken is the simple fact of Gardening/Pet Training share the same energy pool. If the energy pool is meant to limit our progress per day, then might as well add crafting to take away energy, pvp to take energy, and then also toss in questing. At least then everyone else can suffer the same fate as me that I only log in to use energy, then log back off. I have finished all of the quests, I am maxed out on crafting abilites and have crafted all the best stuff available, and have been a pvp warlord forever. What I do not have yet is mastered gardening, and since it takes 40-50 pet hatches to obtain that perfect pet, I am still working on that also.

Number 3, Minions. Whats the point? Ever since the level cap was raised 60, and now pets will cast their own helpful spells, whats the point of a minion. Minions do not know how to avoid triggering cheats, and the time it takes to cast a minion, then eventually win a fight, is so much easier and faster to just kill the bad guys with those same pips an move along. This sad fact has a devestating effect on 2 classes. Myth and Death. Myth class is revolved around casting minions, and Death can potentially have the strongest minion. I donot have any idea how to fix this problem, but the only thing minions are good for is to take advantage of low level wizards in pvp.

Next issue is the X pip spell cost. I strongly feel as though a wizard should get to choose how many pips they want to spend in the spell. The lack of that ability makes for many fights to not be pip efficient. Additionally there is the case that I stated about about Death minions, since there is never a reason to use it, they should get a different x pip spell. My suggestion would be like virulent plague. The more pips you have the higher the -dmg. Myth also suffers in this catagory as they do not even get an X pip spell. I think an easy fix for Myth is to make the new spell that breaks all helpful shields from an enemy cost x pips.

A new issue with high level gear is the high power pip percentage. The fact that a wizard can much more often gain power pips is not the problem, but spell that cost an odd number amount are no longer efficient. Elemental blade and spirit blade are meant to cost 1 pip, but I find that I never have 1 pip so they will always cost me 2 pips and so on up the spell ladder. Is there any other advantage to having high pip percentage? Not in the ways of the death and balance spells that help to gain pips. I forget the names of the spells, but they only give you regular pips and are unaffected by power pip chances. In a high level battle this spell hurts me more than helps me. The same goes with the star spell that allows to gain pips when hit by spells. The balance spell cost 3 pips to give someone else 2 white pips, which is the same one turn to gain a power pip. At a high level 3 pip spell will often cost 4 pips instead of 3, so basically a balance can waste 2 turn of good pips to fill someone elses pip slots with bad pips. By the time that can happen, they could have already bladed up and the white pips will get them hardly any closer to attacking. If i have a lot of Incomming healing ability and a life heals me, I get more life from the heal, If i have a lot of dmg and someone blades me, I get more dmg. If i have high pip chance and i get pip boosted it hurts the team far more than helps.