Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jotun Impossible!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 18, 2011
Jotun is impossible! I have been stuck at him for about 2 weeks now. I know you can defeat his brothers in the warrens but I can't beat those either. I try to get my friends to help, but they never have time. Does anybody have some good advice?

Jacob WildBlood Level 41 Life

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
Survivor
May 30, 2010
He is possible to defeat :D
But it can be hard.
It is especially hard when you fight all three brothers at one time but I did it with some friends and we destroyed them without deaths :D. Though it did take an hour.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2011
buster1600 wrote:
No he isn't. I killed him in one try.

Nicole A. Master Pyromancer

I was level 41. I beat him now anyways.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
how do you kill him
i am a level 45 myth and my friend is a level 41 storm we can not beat him
:( mad

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
ajrdog123 wrote:
buster1600 wrote:
No he isn't. I killed him in one try.

Nicole A. Master Pyromancer

I was level 41. I beat him now anyways.
what school are you

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
When I tried, I had 2 level 60 friends,1 level 60 henchmen,and me. So bring 2 level 60 friends and let them buy 1 level 60 henchman . You're Welcome Hannah Thundercloud

Survivor
Apr 18, 2011
brisingr12303 wrote:
how do you kill him

I used regenerate to keep me in good health, while my ice friend used frost giant

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Just finished the Jotun quest where I had to fight him and his three brothers all at once. It is difficult to kill him going solo so I suggest bringing a friend or two (Legendary) to tag along as well. I'm a lvl 51 Life and had a 60 myth friend of mines help me out.

Basically I just kept up with the heals (didn't attack once) while he attacked the whole time. It was way to easy for us.

Good luck to you all.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2011
Does anyone know how much exp. you get for defeating him ( from the quest the bear dude gives you)?

Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
ajrdog123 wrote:
Jotun is impossible! I have been stuck at him for about 2 weeks now. I know you can defeat his brothers in the warrens but I can't beat those either. I try to get my friends to help, but they never have time. Does anybody have some good advice?

Jacob WildBlood Level 41 Life

I don't have any advice, but I can help! I'm level 45. Life as well :P Christina Earthleaf

Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
brisingr12303 wrote:
how do you kill him

If your friend is in good health, you can flee really quickly and drink a potion. I can help too :P
Christina Earthleaf Level 45 Life

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
Jotun and his bros are some of my fave bosses!!!

I can help anytime.

Christina Earthleaf Level 45 Master Theurgist (Life) 8)

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
The word "impossible" was used wrong because I have beaten him, so he is not impossible. So unless his health says: Never Goes Down, he is not impossible.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2011
How do you separate them? These guys are tough. They have like 8000 health and one has like 9000

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
connor10000128 wrote:
How do you separate them? These guys are tough. They have like 8000 health and one has like 9000

I'm just getting to that now, but I was told that before you go to Jotun in the Hall of Valor, if you do the dungeons on the left and right first (Helgrind Warren and WinterDeep Warren), it eliminates his two brothers. Hope this works...

I also found this info on the fansite that shows the three areas. The "map" for the maze in WinterDeep Warren is very helpful. And don't forget to pick up the book in that area too.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showpost.php?p=137877&postcount=6

Good Luck.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
I just attempted this quest and got smashed. I only got in two attacks and was forced to heal while I tried to call for help; no one came all busy. Had the weakest brother down to about 100 health but that was as far as I got. I have been doing just about everything solo, big ben being the lone exception, but WOW! Can't see doing this battle solo unless you are level 60 or above. I have kept my friends list small, those that I actually see playing and talk too, but it looks like I am going to have acquire some strangers to help out.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Honeybee313 wrote:
connor10000128 wrote:

I'm just getting to that now, but I was told that before you go to Jotun in the Hall of Valor, if you do the dungeons on the left and right first (Helgrind Warren and WinterDeep Warren), it eliminates his two brothers. Hope this works...

I also found this info on the fansite that shows the three areas. The "map" for the maze in WinterDeep Warren is very helpful. And don't forget to pick up the book in that area too.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showpost.php?p=137877&postcount=6

Good Luck.

Okay. Here's an update. I did go to GH yesterday (Nov. 6) and this works. And the map for the maze was very helpful. (Don't forget to get the book in the maze.)

I did the two side dungeons first. And when I got to The Hall of Valor for Jotun, it was just him (with 9000 health) and one Grendel (something?) (with 1050 health).

Hope this helps again...

Survivor
Aug 25, 2010
me(level 41) and my level 20 friend beat him the first try-

BATTLE STRATEGY
Go for the life guy first, i think that he is the only one that can heal
Decide who is going to be offense and who is going to be defense
OFFENSE- Dont worry about shields or healing, attack with everything you got(i would make a deck deticated to offense)
DEFENSE- Use shields and try to keep you and your partner at full health as long as possible

somebody may get defeated, if this is you, fill up your potions and port back to your friend as soon as possible- the battle depends on this!!

You can switch jobs during the battle, but it doesn't matter

Follow the steps and you should be golden!!

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
I just fought Jotun and his brothers with two friends and defeated them. But the Quest is still in my book. Did I not get credit for it because I had to flee to get a potion refill. Was only gone for like 3 seconds.??? :(

Survivor
Jun 17, 2011
They are very easy, but not for life as they don't get any multi attack expect forest lord which comes very late at 58, so i suggest you to go with a few legends of schools of storm and balance
I was about 45 when i fought them, i just went with a balance of about 40 and we did it quite easy :D

Ian Lionbeath
Level 60 Conjurer(myth)

Survivor
Sep 16, 2011
Lol Are you serious? Now to me Jotun and his brothers are like piece of cake ( Pretty hard cake :-D ) but still a cake. When I first saw Jotun's Health I was amazed I didn't think it was possible to defeat him.

Well, 10 lvls later they have become way easier.

LvL 56 Storm
Daniel StormDreamer 8)

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
Mist737 wrote:
brisingr12303 wrote:
how do you kill him

If your friend is in good health, you can flee really quickly and drink a potion. I can help too :P
Christina Earthleaf Level 45 Life

hey, with me, i just had my best friend help, she was lvl. 60 at the time, i miss her a lot, if you hear this,(i forgot your name),my name was flint strongvault

sincerely, Flint Strongvault

PS: wherever my friend went i followed, do the same to succeed

PSS: i also had two other friends, Amber Earthsong, and Ashley Earthsong
they were the nicest people ever, if you hear this Ashley Earthsong, i really miss you,please come on soon