Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Too Many Water Lilies Hast Thou, Grassy Mound

AuthorMessage
Champion
May 03, 2011
Sorry--in a Shakespearean mood this morning. So I am crafting the GH house, and have finished the towers and fountains. I have my baby Life wiz working on the Nature's Wrath cards. It's all taking awhile, but I have been fine with the number of tasks and rare reagents. Until now. 8 grassy mounds, each requiring 26 Water Lilies! Okay, so let's break it down. That's 206 Water Lilies. Most of which have to be transmuted from Cat Tails. That's over 3,000 Cat Tails. It's all seeming like a Sisyphean task now. I really want this house, and I've worked for a long time on it already. But come on. 10 Water Lilies per mound, maybe. But 26? I shall grow old--or okay, much older--before this is ever done. :-( Alas and alack, etc.

Historian
May 28, 2009
tabby714 wrote:
Sorry--in a Shakespearean mood this morning. So I am crafting the GH house, and have finished the towers and fountains. I have my baby Life wiz working on the Nature's Wrath cards. It's all taking awhile, but I have been fine with the number of tasks and rare reagents. Until now. 8 grassy mounds, each requiring 26 Water Lilies! Okay, so let's break it down. That's 206 Water Lilies. Most of which have to be transmuted from Cat Tails. That's over 3,000 Cat Tails. It's all seeming like a Sisyphean task now. I really want this house, and I've worked for a long time on it already. But come on. 10 Water Lilies per mound, maybe. But 26? I shall grow old--or okay, much older--before this is ever done. :-( Alas and alack, etc.

The Grassy Mounds are Auction able. So you can sometime find them in the Bazaar. Anyway, Water Lillies are possible rewards from Maelstrom Snapdragons. The Bazaar should also sells them!

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
After I started reading Much Ado about Nothing I talked in old speak for days. Anyways, I know how you feel. I don't craft very often so I just have stockpiled a lot of reagents, but still. The possible to needed ratio is way unbalanced.

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
It's indeed agreeable,
These mounds, I see they're not feeble.
3000's thrice the top ammount!
many too many, so many to count!
Protest of this price, my wizardly friends,
Or else of this monstrousoty, there will be no end!
I really wish Jack Hallow would stop making me want to be a poet lol

Survivor
Aug 24, 2010
Make hast!
Thou must complete thy quest lest winter touches thy delicate petel.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I got lucky and found 50 water lillies once at the bazaar, but cat tails are usually available by the hundreds if you just check in at the bazaar regularly. If you want to farm cat tails and water lillies, go to the fountain by the clocktower in Hyde Park, Marleybone. But transmuting Water Lillies is the way to go.

If your out of money, try farming Grendels in Sudriland.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
If you don't pay money for a house then you must pay with time. They would prefer that you pay money for a house, but they feel the need to allow people to get good houses without spending crowns... So they make non-crown houses amazingly difficult. Except the basic cottage.

As far as I know the non-cash option for internet game stuff is usually ridiculously time consuming.
Lessening the requirements also cheapens the efforts of those who already made the house within the difficult requirements. I guess you could give all of the already built houses a nice sign saying built on ( insert date). I mean if you make the house easier to build you have to give the players who already built it something...

Defender
Dec 21, 2010
Another very good place to farm cattails - Mooshu/ Jade Palace then go to the Soshun area (where the waterwheel is) Keep changing districts. Took me about a week. Oh, and play your favorite music on your IPod or stereo, whatever. It helps pass the time when you are going crazy with the cattails. To be or not to be that is the question! Alas, Mr. Cattail I knew him well!

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
If i ever need Cattails i go to the pond in front of Herkir's area where you fight him. there are often cattails and frost flowers there. So if you see me there realm hopping i probably need the frost flowers not cattails.

~Brianna Starwalker, Transcended Theurgist