Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tower of Helephant difficulty

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
I do think the difficulty for ToH is pretty good, but i just became a legendary on 9-28-11, so i dunno...looks hard...first floor is 2 rank 12 bosses, and 2 rank 10 bosses...just lower the difficulty a little, pretty please?

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
AgentDeclan wrote:
I do think the difficulty for ToH is pretty good,...just lower the difficulty a little, pretty please?

Which is it? Too cold, too hot, or just right?

Anyway, tough noogies. You'll have to take your licks like the rest of us. 8)

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
Tower of Helephant is really easy, depending on....

1) Your team type - schools is really important for the last boss, do not want all storms type - unless they have secondary schools or can cast insane bolt.

2) Your card setup, do not want to have all random cards in play. Put in play only necessary cards that will get the job done asap.

3) Your gears - is very important, should include all your school gears in waterworks - due to its full potential boost. And pet spell spritely would be good to have.

And I may have miss something, but it can be hard, just go in with a good team, and read the guide beforehand. Or ask advice on other who have beaten the tower hundreds of time. Good luck.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
Lyon Lorestriker is impossible! O my gosh, I have tried five times, each time with a better team! My best try was with my first team...we got him down to 8,997. Then we all died.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
The trick my husband and I found to beating Lyon Lorestriker is to have one of us focus on taking out one of his minions while the other focused on hitting Lyon. So long as he doesn't get three minions in the fight he won't blizzard. We went through it three times just the two of us and once with another player. It is hard but it's also doable.
In the first battle having storm dispell for the death guy will keep you from getting hit with leviathon. Also use treasure storm shields for defense.
I hope this helps you folks that are getting discouraged.
Good luck! :-)

Survivor
May 30, 2010
It may look hard but with a good team ( And a plethora of dispels ) It is very possible.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
It puts legends to the test and shows how well you can work with teammates during the heat of battle. I beat with a good challenge, but if your having a hard time with it its probably because you have a bad team or arent working together with your teammates. Theres no I in team.

Aaron Drakewalker Legendary Pyromancer

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
it is hard but not impossible i have beat it 21 times in counting out of 23 attempts it test teamwork and deck set up also having waterworks gear can help a lot

Survivor
Dec 05, 2010
I completed the tower last night but when i checked my quests i still had it to do. It says I did not complete it but I did. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
flarzedrago9 wrote:
It puts legends to the test and shows how well you can work with teammates during the heat of battle. I beat with a good challenge, but if your having a hard time with it its probably because you have a bad team or arent working together with your teammates. Theres no I in team.

Aaron Drakewalker Legendary Pyromancer

Yes, yes! I love to work through ToH with my best wizard friends. It's such a pleasure to spend an hour in the excellent company of reliable teammates :)

So far, I've completed ToH with Life, Death, and Fire wizards. I find the challenge to develop good strategies for each school of magic improves my skill with solo boss fights and group PvP. I have learned a great deal about strategic spell training as I work to maximize my effectiveness with the first floor bosses. I absolutely adore the energizing effect of hitting that first long battle right at the beginning of the tower.

The tower is a reward in itself, imho. Lexicon blade and the amulet drops are just sugar on top :D

Regards,

qbb

Explorer
May 02, 2010
There is an excellent guide for this on central and to all who still having issues it is about teamwork and knowing how to play to your schools strengths. If you still can't do it find a better team or call on M4H from central to help.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
chase0719 wrote:
I completed the tower last night but when i checked my quests i still had it to do. It says I did not complete it but I did. Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes, it took me four hours and a couple of teams to defeat it and at the end i did not get the credit, that stinks, it says i still need to defeat lyon.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Tower of the helephant is exciting! I love the challenge. I saw the minotaur myth boss and I'm like -__- myth resist. But he isn't as threatening to me as the death boss. Those behind the curtain skeletal dragons are a pain.

If anyone is having problems with Ervin shielding, you have to be sure to carry lots of pierce and shatter (if you damage over time or double hit) He only activates a shield on physical contact.

Have spritely and 30% resist, lots of fortify and you can take 2 or 3 sneak bone dragons without much of an issue.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2011
if you cant do tower of helephant, you dont have a good team, or your not communicating right. One of my teams was 2 storms, fire, and a myth. Storms took out the minions so we didnt get blizzard every round or earthquake from the minions. Fire and Myth focused on lyon to kill him, and since the Storms took out minions they could blade too. It was effective and worked in no time. Not healing your team mates helps too, it's a waste of pips especially since there alomost dead anyway. Unless you are a healer, and/or have rebirth. It's easier to run back just make sure you mark your spot, if not you got a long way to run. :)

Neela MoonHeart Legendary Storm

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
Ok......so I change my answer...... HT is not impossible. I have now gotten past the first and second floor but had to stop becuase my team had to get offline :(. But at least it wasn't like before. Going to try again today! wish me the best of luck! :-)

Survivor
Nov 22, 2010
Hellooooooooooo fellow frustrated (code for REALLY annoyed) Please... all those who say the HT is easy obviously have ALOT of spare time, Some of us do not have hours too complete one dungeon, I have attempted to complete HT five times!!!!!! I still have not passed the first four bosses... I do not believe its because the team I go in with is not working or skilled enough (are those of you to whom this is the excuse, trying to say there are alot of level 60 Wizards that suck???) It is too difficult and needs to be made easier, at least each time we get to the last boss do not restore the lives to full (we had Melvin down down to 57) we all died when we came back the whole two bosses were restored with full life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the game should be challenging not infuriating. I am now struggling to have ANYONE do the tower with me.... FIX THIS please.

Thank you...

Destiny Goldenblade
level 60
Balance Wiazard

Survivor
Sep 21, 2010
l14d29 wrote:
The trick my husband and I found to beating Lyon Lorestriker is to have one of us focus on taking out one of his minions while the other focused on hitting Lyon. So long as he doesn't get three minions in the fight he won't blizzard. We went through it three times just the two of us and once with another player. It is hard but it's also doable.
In the first battle having storm dispell for the death guy will keep you from getting hit with leviathon. Also use treasure storm shields for defense.
I hope this helps you folks that are getting discouraged.
Good luck! :-)

I used the trick with a couple of best friends and we got him to 900 and just when my storm friend was gonna hit him hard but it was our last try he fizzeled and we all died and had to do the quest all over again hate when that happens

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
I'm glad I read all this; I tried it once and one of our friends abandoned us so I took it as impossible... Now I want to try again!

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
sharkboy10102000 wrote:
Hellooooooooooo fellow frustrated (code for REALLY annoyed) Please... all those who say the HT is easy obviously have ALOT of spare time, Some of us do not have hours too complete one dungeon, I have attempted to complete HT five times!!!!!! I still have not passed the first four bosses... I do not believe its because the team I go in with is not working or skilled enough (are those of you to whom this is the excuse, trying to say there are alot of level 60 Wizards that suck???) It is too difficult and needs to be made easier, at least each time we get to the last boss do not restore the lives to full (we had Melvin down down to 57) we all died when we came back the whole two bosses were restored with full life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the game should be challenging not infuriating. I am now struggling to have ANYONE do the tower with me.... FIX THIS please.

Thank you...

Destiny Goldenblade
level 60
Balance Wiazard

Ok i mean i never did this but it is not impossible there are a lot of people that finished tower of the helephant and don't be discouraged because thats what makes you lose i've got to say because when i get discouraged nothing ever works take my advice casue when i'm encouraged i feel as if i can do anything like yesterday I was discouraged about waterworks but then my sister cheered me up which is very weird and i actually finished it and like everyones been saying you must have a good team i had an awesome team a live that healed and like always used gnomest, on that was fire and used rain of fire, and then an ice that casted wooly mammoth and then there was me that casted ra the resgt casted a lot better spells than me but it was worth it

Legendary Sorceror Isaac DragonThorn Level 68

Survivor
Sep 16, 2009
Ok, folks. Some corrections are in order.

My team and I have been at this for 7 hours. A transcended and 3 legendary's.

In the first session (without dying) we got to the final fight, getting past the first room and all the levels inbetween.

But the final fight appears to be different from the posts I have read as guides...

I have seen several posts about how that final fight works. Let me clarify what we have found because it seems something has changed since the folks who went through it and posted guides completed the tower.

1) The boss summons a minion each turn. Period. You don't have to put a trap or blade or anything else up. He will summon a 1500 myth minion each turn until he has four. (We tested this in one instance by passing two turns in a row to see what would happen).
2) Unless you can kill 2 minions each turn, he will get the fourth minion on pad and then start casting blizzards at the beginning of each turn. (If you only kill one of the minions, at the beginning of the next turn, he summons the minion you killed, and then he casts the blizzard.)
3) When his health falls below 10,000, the summoned minions will have 2500 health instead of 1500.
4) His casting the blizzard does not cost him pips.
5) If you heal someone one of the minions will cast the life and death dis-spell on you.

We got him down to ~3500 but could not keep ahead of the minion earthquakes (clearing all of your shields and blades), blizzards, and regularly-cast storm spells from the boss.

I have read posts that say the boss only summons a minion when you use a trap. Not true. A minion is summoned at the end of each turn.

Any suggestions from someone who's completed it lately?

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
dvdlong wrote:
Ok, folks. Some corrections are in order.

My team and I have been at this for 7 hours. A transcended and 3 legendary's.

In the first session (without dying) we got to the final fight, getting past the first room and all the levels inbetween.

But the final fight appears to be different from the posts I have read as guides...

I have seen several posts about how that final fight works. Let me clarify what we have found because it seems something has changed since the folks who went through it and posted guides completed the tower.

1) The boss summons a minion each turn. Period. You don't have to put a trap or blade or anything else up. He will summon a 1500 myth minion each turn until he has four. (We tested this in one instance by passing two turns in a row to see what would happen).
2) Unless you can kill 2 minions each turn, he will get the fourth minion on pad and then start casting blizzards at the beginning of each turn. (If you only kill one of the minions, at the beginning of the next turn, he summons the minion you killed, and then he casts the blizzard.)
3) When his health falls below 10,000, the summoned minions will have 2500 health instead of 1500.
4) His casting the blizzard does not cost him pips.
5) If you heal someone one of the minions will cast the life and death dis-spell on you.

We got him down to ~3500 but could not keep ahead of the minion earthquakes (clearing all of your shields and blades), blizzards, and regularly-cast storm spells from the boss.

I have read posts that say the boss only summons a minion when you use a trap. Not true. A minion is summoned at the end of each turn.

Any suggestions from someone who's completed it lately?

If you leave one minion intact, he will not re-spawn the others.

The trick is to damage the boss while eliminating those minions. I suggest having one team member dedicated to hitting the boss while another takes out minions ONE AT A TIME, and other team mates shield, heal, and build pips.

AoE spells that kill all of the minions will make the situation much, much more difficult.

Happiness is a good hour in ToH!

qbb/Scarlet/Iridian, Moira, Liberators of the Helephant

Survivor
Sep 16, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:

No ma'm. He summons a minion any time a turn begins and one of the pads on his side is empty. Each and every time.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
dvdlong wrote:
queenlybluebean wrote:

No ma'm. He summons a minion any time a turn begins and one of the pads on his side is empty. Each and every time.

Nope. If you leave one minion, he does not continue to re-spawn each round.

Promise :)

Survivor
Sep 16, 2009
Sorry, that's not the way it happened. It may be the way it's supposed to work, but that's not the way it worked for us. That would have been much easier. Perhaps we had an unusual instance. All I know is, that situation existed multiple times -- and he would fill them back up, one at a time. The only time he did not summon a minion would be if all three minions were already in.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
dvdlong wrote:
Sorry, that's not the way it happened. It may be the way it's supposed to work, but that's not the way it worked for us. That would have been much easier. Perhaps we had an unusual instance. All I know is, that situation existed multiple times -- and he would fill them back up, one at a time. The only time he did not summon a minion would be if all three minions were already in.

@dvdlong, queenlybluebean
Re: Lyon (last battle of ToH)

I concur with QBB, but just to clarify: You do need to let him get the 3rd minion. Once all 3 are up, one wizard should be at the ready with a single hit kill spell (ideal if 2 wizards at least were at the ready), and everyone ice shielded, to be ready for the blizzard.
Then kill off 2 minions, leaving one alive. Then all continue to hit boss, leaving the 1500 health minion (he can take small attacks, just don't kill).
Once Lyon has reached <10K health, he will start to summon 2500 health minions - 3 of them, all in a row. Kill off remaining 1500 health minion, then wait til he has 3 x 2500 health minions, then do the same by leaving one alive until he is dead.
If all 3 minions get killed, he will start the 3 minion summoning all over again. Remember: the trick here is to keep one minion alive, and this will occur twice during the battle. It works. I have excellent wizarding friends and we have succeeded in this tower a multiple at times.

For those of you above who have complained how hard it is, I will admit, this tower is a "very challenging legendary gauntlet" - it is meant to be long, it is meant to be hard. It was designed to be such for those of us who have experienced wizarding skills and friends with same. We wanted a challenging dungeon. K.I. answered our request. So, if you can't do it, stop your snivelling and make a better team, or practice your strategy in PvP. It's not meant to be easy, or short. It is meant to be the ultimate test of your skills, your deck set up, and your gear. Pick it right, and you'll do fine.

A few suggestions to make your ToH a little more enjoyable: equip your deck with lots of accuracy boosts in your treasures, storm shields, bring in a Life wizard with lots of Triage, a Fire wizard with Efreet (for attacks on Ervin), death, fire, ice, and storm dispels don't hurt either. When (in the first battle) smoke screen has been cast, even your 100% spells are not immune, so make sure you boost them with accuracy as well, so you have a minimum 115% accuracy before you cast, or else it is guaranteed to fizzle, and then the Skeletal Dragon will be cast upon you. That's when your Life wizard with Triage at the ready comes in very handy.

Absolute last key point here - you need to work together AS A TEAM, or else your experience in ToH will be frustrating to say the least.
Good luck to all!

Destiny SpiritGiver, Transcended Theurgist
Destiny SpiritGiver, Transcended Sorcerer
Destiny, Transcended Necromancer