Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Practice PvPers, stop the madness!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 13, 2011
If there is one thing I cannot understand, it is why people can't seem to fathom how to generate a proper PvP match to assure that the match will ever actually happen, and it clutters up the match list something awful.

The problem is the darn friend option.

People of all levels, please please pay attention if you seem to sit endlessly while waiting for opponents.

(For the sake of this mini-treatise, left team and right team is in relation to the "vs" symbol in the middle. The first spot in the left team is the match creator spot, i.e., the one who created the match's parameters. You can tell if a team is friend-only by the little handshake icon next on the tangent of the creator's circle. For the right team, the icon is above the "vs" symbol.)

Invariably, somebody new at PvP will create a match where either the left or the right team is friends only. Obviously they don't understand what that means if people on either side have been sitting there forever waiting for the match to start. This is evidenced by simply looking at the list.

At any given moment during the day look at the lists, especially the 3v3 or 4v4 match lists. You will see the left friend-only team empty (or with someone in the creator's spot), while the right wildcard (strangers) team is full. Folks, you are wasting your time sitting there waiting for the match to start. It will not happen.

What happened is that the match creator chose the left team friendly option and waited. At some point one or more strangers joined the right team. At some point after that, the team creator quit the match and the right team filled up. Since nobody but the team creator or his/her friends can join the left team, it most likely will not happen.

Ater all, what are the chances the team creator will rejoin that same match with 3 of his/her friends in the very near future? Nada. Null. Zilcherino. The single digit number with the same shape as the first letter of the Star-Spangled Banner, = 0

Likewise for the matches where the right side is the friendly-only team. Again, you will see the left wildcard team with 1-4 folks in it twiddling their thumbs while waiting for the friends-only right side to fill up. Nope, it ain't going on there. Besides, who creates a 4v4 and wants to oppose 4 of his friends with 3 strangers? Wierd, man.

My favorite are the ones where both sides are friends-only, with a lone player sitting in the creator's spot. What are they doing, using the sit-and-spin technique to avoid disconnect so eventually 7 friends will find their way to the match? lol

Wake up people! Let's keep the PvP lists clean!

Brought to you by the condiment. (Consortium to Obliterate and Nullify the Disorganized Iterations in the Manifest of Extraneous and Nonsensical Teaming.)

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
HooVooLoo wrote:
If there is one thing I cannot understand, it is why people can't seem to fathom how to generate a proper PvP match to assure that the match will ever actually happen, and it clutters up the match list something awful.

The problem is the darn friend option.

People of all levels, please please pay attention if you seem to sit endlessly while waiting for opponents.

(For the sake of this mini-treatise, left team and right team is in relation to the "vs" symbol in the middle. The first spot in the left team is the match creator spot, i.e., the one who created the match's parameters. You can tell if a team is friend-only by the little handshake icon next on the tangent of the creator's circle. For the right team, the icon is above the "vs" symbol.)

Invariably, somebody new at PvP will create a match where either the left or the right team is friends only. Obviously they don't understand what that means if people on either side have been sitting there forever waiting for the match to start. This is evidenced by simply looking at the list.

At any given moment during the day look at the lists, especially the 3v3 or 4v4 match lists. You will see the left friend-only team empty (or with someone in the creator's spot), while the right wildcard (strangers) team is full. Folks, you are wasting your time sitting there waiting for the match to start. It will not happen.

What happened is that the match creator chose the left team friendly option and waited. At some point one or more strangers joined the right team. At some point after that, the team creator quit the match and the right team filled up. Since nobody but the team creator or his/her friends can join the left team, it most likely will not happen.

Ater all, what are the chances the team creator will rejoin that same match with 3 of his/her friends in the very near future? Nada. Null. Zilcherino. The single digit number with the same shape as the first letter of the Star-Spangled Banner, = 0

Likewise for the matches where the right side is the friendly-only team. Again, you will see the left wildcard team with 1-4 folks in it twiddling their thumbs while waiting for the friends-only right side to fill up. Nope, it ain't going on there. Besides, who creates a 4v4 and wants to oppose 4 of his friends with 3 strangers? Wierd, man.

My favorite are the ones where both sides are friends-only, with a lone player sitting in the creator's spot. What are they doing, using the sit-and-spin technique to avoid disconnect so eventually 7 friends will find their way to the match? lol

Wake up people! Let's keep the PvP lists clean!

Brought to you by the condiment. (Consortium to Obliterate and Nullify the Disorganized Iterations in the Manifest of Extraneous and Nonsensical Teaming.)

Why does it bother you so much? Honestly if someone wants to sit there and wait for someone to join who never is going too, that's their own problem. It would have been more reasonable if you were to post something to help people maybe explain how to make a proper practice match, not sit here and complain about it :) Just a little annoying when people sit here and complain about things as little as this....

Wolf
Level 60
Death Legendary
Knight

Seth
level 48
Storm master
veteran

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Magicbubble wrote:
It would have been more reasonable if you were to post something to help people maybe explain how to make a proper practice match, not sit here and complain about it :) Just a little annoying when people sit here and complain about things as little as this....

The solution is there in the post. Simply don't do what is described as causing the problem, and there won't be one. I presumed all readers are intelligent enough to extrapolate that from reading it.

Was I wrong in that assumption?

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
But he is trying to explain it. Sure he is being humorous about it but I see an explanation of all the things that players are doing wrong when creating practice matches. Although this would probably reach more people with a different title

Survivor
Dec 26, 2009
I agree
I gets somewhat ticked off when there are so many people, friend option in action, just making endless pages of matches and matches. Its like, if you're going to make a match for you and friends, can't we well...you lol make sure the friends in on it and knows and stuff so it makes pvp faster...AAANNNDDD you know less pvp matches takin' up room :D
I hope I'm not like....annnoying anyone I just think its also a little annoying.

Thanks for understanding!!