Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Medusa ....is it stunning

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 22, 2010
I have noticed that sometimes when i trough the Medusa spell the stun part of the spell doesnt work.... Now as far as i know its suspose to stun for 2 rounds.... i have seen it stun for 1 round i have seen it not stun at all but never 2 rounds.... i once saw it remove the stun shield from the last time i Cast the spell then not stun at all....

Has anyone every run in to this problem....?

Thanks In advance....

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Most bosses are immune to stun, but if the monster can be stunned it is stunned for 2 rounds. Maybe the monster was going second so you didn't really take notice of the first stun as his turn passed by quickly?

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
malt22 wrote:
Most bosses are immune to stun, but if the monster can be stunned it is stunned for 2 rounds. Maybe the monster was going second so you didn't really take notice of the first stun as his turn passed by quickly?

Yes that could be true but i also noticed after stunning a monster the shield remains up(old old old bug)when you cast medusa again it took the stun shield away and that was it ....Bug or no bug that is the question .....

Historian
May 01, 2010
malt22 wrote:

and i have seen that ice, and elite monsters are stun resistant
the stun shield is supposed to block the next stun, so you dont just stun the monsters over and over, if you didnt know that already

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
malt22 wrote:

I think you mean ALL of the bosses. Expect for some rare lower level bosses, all of the bosses I run into are immune to stuns. Wiz101 added in a new feature of that it takes a long time after you or the monster's turn comes before it "skips" because it is stunned, indicating that you stunned the monster that took a long time to pass.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Fin3cy6 wrote:
I think you mean ALL of the bosses. Expect for some rare lower level bosses, all of the bosses I run into are immune to stuns.

This is untrue. Most Grizzleheim and Dragonspyre bosses can be stunned. Try it. Main bosses (like Malistaire) still cannot be stunned. Regular enemies that are Elite tend to stun immune, as well.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
Ok i have tested this over and over and i get the same results over and over....

I cast the spell on a boss (that does not block it)....then at the end of the spell the Medusa stuns it 1 (not 2 like the spells says) round go's by the boss can't cast.... I then again cast the spell on the Same Boss the spell Goes through it's motion and at the end ....This time..... the Stun shield is taken away and the Boss casts his spell as normal....Not Stuned ... Now is this suspose to happen....

Thanks

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
dragonpower333 wrote:
Ok i have tested this over and over and i get the same results over and over....

I cast the spell on a boss (that does not block it)....then at the end of the spell the Medusa stuns it 1 (not 2 like the spells says) round go's by the boss can't cast.... I then again cast the spell on the Same Boss the spell Goes through it's motion and at the end ....This time..... the Stun shield is taken away and the Boss casts his spell as normal....Not Stuned ... Now is this suspose to happen....

Thanks

You have to remember that the order of your battle changes the perception of two rounds.

If you are going first in a battle and stun a mob with medusa, he is stunned for that round. Stun #1. When the focus is on you again, that is the second stun. Stun #2.

So basically, if you are going first and cast medusa, you only get to cast one more spell before the monster is unstunned. The only way to keep it stunned is if in the round immediatley following medusa you cast the single target stun to remove the stun shield. Then if you cast medusa after that it will be stunned for two more rounds.

By casting medusa one after the other you are simply breaking the first medusa's stun shield. Obviously, it isn't going to be re-stunned when the shield breaks away. That is the purpose of the thing, heh.

I have tested it both ways on mobs and it works like it is suppossed to, going both first and second, but solo only.

Also, when going second I cast the medusa, then next round used a wand to see if damaging the mob would "break the stun effect". It didn't. The mob stayed stunned with many pips, in which it would have casted if it could.

If you want, you could indicate which boss this is happening on and I could try to reproduce what you are seeing.

Historian
May 01, 2010
dragonpower333 wrote:

Thanks

The first part, acout one instead of two turns, no. Though the second part, as i preveously said, thats what stun shields do, they block you from stunning again it again.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
HooVooLoo i thank you for clearing that up i was reading your post and thought about it .... and your right with the 2 rounds stun part .... i wasn't paying attention to the who went first ....

but i still don't get why if you stun a monster the stun shield stays up for the doration of the battle....and if i wait say 4 turns then cast medusa again it will not stun it will just take away the shield.... i don't even under stand if it were true that it's a game defence so that you don't stun over and over....so what if we want to stun over and over...and yes i get that if i cast the Medusa the first time it stuns .... the second time I cast it, it doesn't stun it just get rid of the stun shield .... if i cast it a 3rd time it will stun again.... (is this a work around for the old stun shield bug?)

Why not make the Medusa spell attack all monsters like the rest of the 58th level spells.... but i guess thats a diffrent topic....

Historian
May 01, 2010
dragonpower333 wrote:
HooVooLoo i thank you for clearing that up i was reading your post and thought about it .... and your right with the 2 rounds stun part .... i wasn't paying attention to the who went first ....

but i still don't get why if you stun a monster the stun shield stays up for the doration of the battle....and if i wait say 4 turns then cast medusa again it will not stun it will just take away the shield.... i don't even under stand if it were true that it's a game defence so that you don't stun over and over....so what if we want to stun over and over...and yes i get that if i cast the Medusa the first time it stuns .... the second time I cast it, it doesn't stun it just get rid of the stun shield .... if i cast it a 3rd time it will stun again.... (is this a work around for the old stun shield bug?)

Why not make the Medusa spell attack all monsters like the rest of the 58th level spells.... but i guess thats a diffrent topic....

Ok, first, lets go into the history of stunning, you might understand better.

Way back in pvp, they only put up one stun shield for stuns, because they wouldnt think it was a problem, wrong, people took advantage of this, forming 4v4 teams, two pyromancers/conjurers, who would constantly stun, with sniper on them so they wouldnt fizzle, creating the term chain stun, where the other team wouldnt be able to do anything, except sit there and wait for their health to reach 0. So then KI made 4 stun shields on, but players quickly found out that they were able to earthquake them off, making a new form a chain stunning. So now, they made so stun shields were, still there on earthquake, and more recently, they changed the amount of stun shields to the amount of players on your side of the feild, as in, by yourself, one stun shield, with another, two, with three people, three and full rack is four shields. So each stun shield represents one stun that you would do, and it will do nothing, so in your case, first Madusa, stuns, one stun shield, second, takes away stun shield, and the third stuns again, perfectly normal. The stun shields also act as normal shield, staying until activated so waiting wont do anything to it. Hope this clears it up.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
dragonpower333 wrote:

Because the game would be thrown completely out of whack if stun shields did not actually block a stun. A team of 4 myths would dominate every single aspect of the game and would be unbeatable, because they have a single target stun, all target stun, and medusa which is the only way in game to stun for two rounds in a row.

Well, three classes have lvl 58 AOE spells... ice, balance and life. The other three classes are single.

But your lvl 58 spell idea again goes back to balancing the classes' powers. Mesdusa in it's current form but hitting all enemies would be an untenable proposition.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
HooVooLoo wrote:
dragonpower333 wrote:

Well, three classes have lvl 58 AOE spells... ice, balance and life. The other three classes are single.

But your lvl 58 spell idea again goes back to balancing the classes' powers. Mesdusa in it's current form but hitting all enemies would be an untenable proposition.

I whould even be happy if they made it a Treasure Card and make that attack all creatures....

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
The stun shields work the same way on us as they do on enemies. Have you noticed that if you are stunned and an enemy tries to stun you again, it doesnt work, it takes away your stun shield. Then if he tries again, he stuns you. I use medusa mostly, and sometimes put another stun card in my deck if i'm against a boss so it can remove the stun shield before i use medusa again. Primarily as a myth, I dont have the single or stun all card in my deck. I usually kill fairly easy without needing those. Bosses I fight are usually stun immune to medusa anyhow but she is still powerful especially when I manage a critical.

Do not confuse any of this with the stun shield you see on the last fight against the brothers in wintertusk. Those brothers play a game of tag with you and the brother that 'is it' wears the stun shield, and he is the only one you can hit. All are stun immune so dont bother trying, medusa's stun wont remove their 'tag stun shield' They use that shield so players know who to hit, and they switch it spontaneously, so you may be planning a nice big hit on the one with the stun shield and you go to use it and boom, he switches the shield to another brother and since you hit the 'wrong brother' who is now not wearing the stun shield, you will get slammed by the brother who 'is it' or if it is the life brother, he will cast rebirth to heal his brothers, but I cant recall if his rebirth casts an absorb shield on all of them, i'm thinking it doesnt, I dont recall having to try beating any of them with absorb on.

Just remember, when you stun, the shield stays on all game until the next stun which removes it, then the third stun works again as normal. Works same on us thankfully.