Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Toggle Hats

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
It's a little annoyance that's been vexxing me, and many others for about as long as the game's been here: we can't see our hair.

I play this game part-time now, and I devote the majority of my gaming attention to WoW. Lo and behold, there is a way to make it appear that you're not wearing a helmet or hat in the game! I love my WoW character's hair, and I hated that I couldn't see it most of the time, so you can imagine my glee when I discovered this feature.

This should be a feature in Wizard101. It should be a toggle button in the Options or Advanced Options Menu that allows you to toggle the appearance of hats on characters. Like in WoW, you will still get your benefits and boosts from equipping the hats, just no one would be able to see it.

This can fix a lot of pet peeves swimming around on the boards. The one in the forefront of my mind is the fact that in Celestia, it is often difficult to immediately discern someone's gender. This feature can erase those troubles.

It could also give your Wizard a feeling of strength or majesty. The feeling that we don't NEED hats to be awesome.

And finally, it will open up more hairstyling options for our young Wizards just starting the game. Long curly hair that can flow to our back. Crazy wild hair that can stand up in all sorts of places, the possibilities could be endless!

But what do I know? I'm just a guy with a laptop. What do YOU guys think of this idea?