Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Resist and wintertusk

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
The waterworks gear is amazing and gives everyone global resist. Ever since Wintertusk started some people were claiming it was more difficult than celestia, etc. But Maybe because I have gone through celestia, I didn't find Wintertusk difficult at all. And since I got my waterworks gear for a nice 30% global resist, I barely feel threatened by any enemy I encounter, whether they cheat or not. To keep it somewhat challenging, I don't equip my sea dragon which would up my resist to 40% all around.

I sort of wonder if PvP had anything to do with the global resist being added to each school. I see why it would be done, given how much power each school has, giving everyone global resist would help to balance some things out. But if there is some truth in this speculation, then it just makes general gameplay much simpler. I barely have any trouble in Wintertusk.

I'm getting hit with stormzillas for only 360 points or so. At 2900 health, I just shrug it off and shoot minotaurs for 1000+ damage.

How do you find wintertusk with your resist?

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I only briefly stepped into Wintertusk to quest my Myth's level 55 Talos.
That was only once I had already completed Celestia and gotten full Waterworks equipment.

I do have to say, I find it easier as well, much easier than Celestia. But, starting in Celestia after Dragonspyre was absolutely brutal.

Maybe on a different wizard, I'll try completing Wintertusk first, and then Celestia.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Wintertusk is available to non-Legendary wizards, and the lower-levels will have a bit more trouble.

The game is designed to be relatively easy for a good player to get through. It's that way because a lot of players whine that the game is too tough, and because a lot of players don't play that well and would get frustrated too quickly. KingsIsle doesn't want to lose all of that business, so they've basically made the game easy enough for somebody with a sub-optimal strategy to get through without a lot of problems.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
I have completed WT. For me, the ice bosses were challenging, and the storm bosses difficult, but those are the only 2 schools i have trouble with. And although I am fire, I never have trouble with a Fire boss because I have gear that gives me 72% fire resist. For any other boss, I use my gear that boosts my damage better and offers resist for ice and storm.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
I've been to Wintertusk, it's great. But Wysteria is kinda weird. it's a small enclosed area with a couple of buildings. Even though it's not finished yet, it looks odd still.

~Melissa Smith- Legendary Sorcerer :D