Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ok a question of a parodox

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
ok so i remember reading that certain pets cant be hatched

well lets just say i get the 2 different codes for the shardtail dragon by ordering 2 of the same magazine the code came in

now the shardtail dragon cannot be hatched meaning i get either its hybrid or i get the other pet

now the shardtail dragon can make a fragment dragon with any pet including another shartail dragon

since i cant get either parent in this pairing
will it garenty a shardtail dragon

mrs greyrose i am really confused since i thought of this situation in haching

please can anybody explain what will happen in this case

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
grvy123 wrote:
ok so i remember reading that certain pets cant be hatched

well lets just say i get the 2 different codes for the shardtail dragon by ordering 2 of the same magazine the code came in

now the shardtail dragon cannot be hatched meaning i get either its hybrid or i get the other pet

now the shardtail dragon can make a fragment dragon with any pet including another shartail dragon

since i cant get either parent in this pairing
will it garenty a shardtail dragon

mrs greyrose i am really confused since i thought of this situation in haching

please can anybody explain what will happen in this case

i meant will it garenty a fragment dragon

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
This is spelled out in the pet section upon introduction of the pet system. If you have two pets that are unable to be hatched such as the shardtail and danger hound, you will get the hybrid version fragmented dragon or ghost hound. If you mix two of the same your example of two shardtails, then yes, you are guaranteed a fragmented dragon. Not sure what is confusing or paradoxical.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Krailzec wrote:
This is spelled out in the pet section upon introduction of the pet system. If you have two pets that are unable to be hatched such as the shardtail and danger hound, you will get the hybrid version fragmented dragon or ghost hound. If you mix two of the same your example of two shardtails, then yes, you are guaranteed a fragmented dragon. Not sure what is confusing or paradoxical.

o i didnt know it was in a post above i was just wondering do to the fact hybrids are rare and was thinking if this makes a 100 percent hybrid or not

i was just confused

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
i just had a great idea.
If i switch my helephant to my storm wizard, which he can't equip, then hatch with a level 48 pet that isn't stormzilla, i am guaranteed a hybrid. There is no need to do this with 58 pets since you always get hybrid. That is because i know you can't get a pet from hatching that you can't equip.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
FireGod299 wrote:
i just had a great idea.
If i switch my helephant to my storm wizard, which he can't equip, then hatch with a level 48 pet that isn't stormzilla, i am guaranteed a hybrid. There is no need to do this with 58 pets since you always get hybrid. That is because i know you can't get a pet from hatching that you can't equip.

You are not guaranteed a hybrid doing that with the 48 level pets.

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
kingurz wrote:
FireGod299 wrote:
i just had a great idea.

You are not guaranteed a hybrid doing that with the 48 level pets.

I don't see why not. Kingsisle has said that you won't get a pet you can't equip by hatching. On my fire, if i hatched with colossus, i couldn't get a colossus. But, it would seem that if i traded my helephant to my storm wizard, then switched to helephant during hatching interface and hatched, i would get a hybrid since storm can't equip either helephant or colossus. KI can you confirm / disprove this theory? I may test it.