Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-16-11

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
welll for me i dont do it because i suck at it :( . Thomas RainbowBlood lvl 60 life u might see me and if u r my friend i got tons of pets to hatch with u If your my friend well later have a magical day

Champion
May 03, 2011
I watched my son PVP a few times and was appalled at the rudeness of some of the players--it seems to bring out the worst in people. I decided it wasn't for me.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
I tried it once but battle was unfair someone who had been pvping for a while against someone who had never dont it before needless to say i died and never bothered to try again

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
I do from time to time, but I usually just can't be bothered with the long wait.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
PvP is what keeps me playing this game, but those mastery amulets have ruined it. Poor life wizards are becoming obsolete since everyone can now heal as much as they could, and life isn't strong enough to stand out at all. Add in the ability to craft rebirth cards... who needs a life wizard on their team now?!

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
I don't like PVP al all. People use Treasure Cards, and I always get matched up with level 60's with Criticals and block ratings, yet I'm level 40. It seems unfair to me, and after a legendary used blades and traps on me, and just happened to get a Critical, I was defeated in one shot. I'd play it more if it wasn't so poorly matched.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Yes I do all the time. Especially when I dont have a membership, I barely leave arena...

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
It does nothing for me, I really don't care for it...seems like a waste of time.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Once in a blue moon I try PvP. I guess I lack the patience to figure out the strategy for it. I'd much rather battle the creatures in the various worlds instead.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2009
zolofarm wrote:
I PVP all the time, it is the only reason I play this game.

This is Absolutely true for me as well. PvP gives the advanced player a way to stay challenged by the W101 game. At a certain point, an experienced player can run most/all of the storyline with only a Starter Deck. I and others would have left, never to return, without the challenge of commander level 1v1.

- DerHund

Survivor
Apr 01, 2009
Another suggestion would be to have two different rankings - One for 1v1 ranking and a second for team ranking. This would eliminate the pairing issues and frustrations of a warlord in team play getting destroyed in 1v1. 1v1 and team games are really quite different.

- DerHund

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
While PVP Is awesome. I have not did much of it, It is way too far from balanced.
I really think this topic covers everything in a Extreamly Satifying manner.
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/40860.ftl#228558

Also Dampen magic would be useful to Keep Unfair LVL 5 VS LVL 40 matches a little more balanced making both players use spells that low levels could also use

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
I enjoy PVP when the duel is fair. Unfortunately, ranked PVP is so broken that the only way to win is to cheat - though technically since there aren't any rules, you can't really cheat.

would be nice if KI would listen to all the people that post in the pvp forums about just how broken ranked is, and fix it so it's fair for everyone.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
Look i frind it unfair cuz i am a level 23 storm and i always fight people 35+

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
nightcrawler1212 wrote:
I tried pvp. not my thing. I like questing.

Sames :D

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
I don't really pvp on my fire because frankly, I'm nit that good using fire. On my balance, I'm pretty good. The thing is, pvp is really unfair at the moment. For storm, the regular boost is 85% I have even seen a storm with 96% because of his pet. This is totally unfair, because all a storm needs to do is keep using lightning bats with a gargantuan on them every turn. The opponent can't do anything about getting hit with around 1,000 damage every turn, so they die. Pvp is unfair.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
I like pvp. I don't like the inequalities between types. Treasure are fine. Crowns gear is fine, but simply because I'm storm I can't pvp. I have low health and no DoT. So, even if I tower or maybe use a 85% shield, I just get hit by a DoT and lose, unable to Dot back at them.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hello Wizards! I was out enjoying a bit of sun and surf on Friday, so Professor Greyrose was kind enough to fill in for me! But, I am back now, and it's time for another Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Let's talk about PVP. Have you ever participated in a duel? I certainly have! Winning, of course, is a great feeling, and while I don't enjoy being beaten, I always learn something new about combat.

Have a great weekend, Wizards! ::grin::

pvp is awesome i have a level 8 ice knight from playing with my level 60 fire (veteran)

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hello Wizards! I was out enjoying a bit of sun and surf on Friday, so Professor Greyrose was kind enough to fill in for me! But, I am back now, and it's time for another Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Let's talk about PVP. Have you ever participated in a duel? I certainly have! Winning, of course, is a great feeling, and while I don't enjoy being beaten, I always learn something new about combat.

Have a great weekend, Wizards! ::grin::

you wont believe how many treasure cards i have i have lots and that is because i am a card collector sometimes i trade cards for a code not trying to scam but people report me cause they think i am trying to :? but lots of cards so far i have 69 bye peoples!!!

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
mugsy123 wrote:
Yea all the timme ;D but i lose very few i am legendary so i win alot :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
i am legendary and i rarely ever win...

Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
I used to PvP, in fact I was very close to Commander before the world of Celestia came out and I became a Legendary wizard. The critical pulled me down. It used to be about skill, now its 70% luck (for example, critical, block, if you go first or not, if opposition bolts then its about what/who it hits, when bolt used to have such low accuracy you wouldn't really worry about it and critical wasn't there, meaning block wasn't there, going first or second, that didn't seem to matter either) and nearly no skill. I love critical outside PvP, but in PvP it's just got me ranked down, I'm not a man of luck.

Maybe if in PvP you had 100% block chance, that might solve this issue. I've been also finding that a big percentage of my friends have that issue, too.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
I don't really like PvP, No offense. If you want to know because lvl 60s come there all the time and I only do practice. So I clicked "Sometimes" in the poll. But the good thing about PvP is u WIIIIIIIIIIIIN >>=D