Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-16-11

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! I was out enjoying a bit of sun and surf on Friday, so Professor Greyrose was kind enough to fill in for me! But, I am back now, and it's time for another Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Let's talk about PVP. Have you ever participated in a duel? I certainly have! Winning, of course, is a great feeling, and while I don't enjoy being beaten, I always learn something new about combat.

Have a great weekend, Wizards! ::grin::

Results
Do you PVP?
Yes, all the time! 32%
Sometimes... 21%
Once in a while. 25%
I tried it once, but haven't been back. 13%
No dueling for me! 8%

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
i love pvp i play it all the time and i think its a great and important part of the game, without it you would get easily bored after of course, you finish all the worlds .

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
I don't pvp, I simply don't I guess I don't really know why I don't I just don't.

Julia Dragonrider level 53
Julia Wyrmshade level 33
And a few other wizards :D

Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
I pvp all the time 24/7 but due to the change in pvp i been losing points really really really fast if i win i barely get any points but if i lose i lose 30+ :

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
I don't like to PvP. I don't like the fact that people always use Treasure Cards. It makes it unfair. I also don't like that you can critical on level 5's when they have no chance of blocking. I find that very unfair and there needs to be a change. Perhaps no Critical at all, or for level 55 and under, they get a 100% chance of block when PvPing.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
PvP is very fascinating and displays some of the most advanced ways to play Wizard101. Not only do you get to explore spells that you may not frequently use in PvE (such as Beguile), but you're also tested on your anticipation and critical thinking abilities.

I take part in it because playing against a human allows me to reach the next level of gameplay, opposed to sitting around and waiting for new content. In fact, because of natural intelligence, the game isn't always the same, even with the same players/schools on each team; tactics are always evolving, and thus, so is the game!

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
Yea all the timme ;D but i lose very few i am legendary so i win alot :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
I personally don't do PvP but my daughter does it all the time. I just find it hard to find the right battle, everyone is doing friends only, and it takes time to wait for someone to join a battle that you've started. My daughter on the other hand does plays PvP all the time. She finds it a good way to make friends. I'm more into the questing and she's more into the houses and friends. All depends on how you like to play I guess.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
I might more often if it didn't take so long for a match. Or that ranked matches for some reason can come out clearly uneven in ranking when doing 2v2 - 4v4 matches.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Hello, I have played the PVP a few times, but was turned off by the rudeness of some of the other wizards that I have played against. For example, when I have won, I have told them, "good game :-)", and they would come back with a snid remark...other times I will lose, and the wizard who won just rubs it in my face! It has gotten to the point where I don't care to even try it. I am sure that most wizards are not like that, but the few times I have played, it seems that I usually find myself up against wizards that are very rude....which is kind of sad!

Katiemom212

Survivor
Sep 24, 2008
Being level 60, completed all the quests, and having the best gear, PvP and home decorating is one of the few things I can do. Even though I always go back because I love that feeling when you win, I often get frusterated and take a break due to people who spam shields and nothing else, when I go second multiple times in a row, or when people are mean for winning or losing.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
I did pvp, my death mage has her wings but I had to stop. The verbal abuse and threats were too much for me so I quit and let the foul mouth kids go at it. I just stitched good gear stats into my wings so I could wear them all the time.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
Well i put sometimes because i play all 6 of my wizards and every time one levels up i play a ranked match.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
I enjoy PvP but there are some aspects that need to be seriously tweaked. The biggest being those who have started using exploits to win. I also do not like the fact that higher level minions (Like Talos) can be bought in the bazaar and traded to be used in PvP by lower level players.

Another issue is level 30 or below teaming with level 60 wizards to get easy rank. They create the match to get other low level players and rank then the Legendary does all the work. I think there should be a level cap of 1-10, 11-20, 31-40, etc... that can team up to prevent this.

I would also love to see a block to mute all those watching. Some of the chat can get overwhelming and turning off chat bubbles you don't see important messages from friends or even the other team. I would love to stop all the bad tempers and trolls but those cannot be controlled I am afraid unless they say something to get them muted.

Thank you for listening

Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
jandew wrote:
I don't like to PvP. I don't like the fact that people always use Treasure Cards. It makes it unfair. I also don't like that you can critical on level 5's when they have no chance of blocking. I find that very unfair and there needs to be a change. Perhaps no Critical at all, or for level 55 and under, they get a 100% chance of block when PvPing.

its true people use treasure in pvp, and the only way to block critical is with conviction that gives you stun black and crit block, a card that you can train. its all about how you set your deck and how you play, some people are good at it and some aren't. 100% block would be even less fair. I believe that its all about how you play. After all, i have beat a lvl 48 death on my lvl 26 life b4, without crit treasure.
Have fun and see you in-game^^
-Joseph Anglewraith lvl 60 death-
-Joseph Anglebreaker lvl 26 life-

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
yes, but i hardly do it since my ranking is about 530, and i'm having losing streak O:. maybe it's because of a slight change in my deck.....

-Blaze Duskstone Legendary conjurer

Survivor
Jul 26, 2011
I love love <3 pvp, but some things are just unfair. Why should a warlord lose 30 points in a 4v4, because the other team has either a private or knight?! The scoring system has me totally befuddled. Why can't a lower lvl pvper with a high rank still draw ppl their own lvl? To many times I've seen a lvl 29 facing a legend set for crit... now how fair is that? KI needs to take into consideration of all the time we put in to get our "wings", even at low lvls. Match lvl for lvl, rank for rank. Lose this amount, gain this amount. Very simple. Not holding your breathe when the match is over to see how much you lose, then feeling deflated when it's higher than what we thought.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
iamthemaster222 wrote:
I pvp all the time 24/7 but due to the change in pvp i been losing points really really really fast if i win i barely get any points but if i lose i lose 30+ :

I know I hate that can you change that back plz kingsisle? :|

Survivor
Jul 05, 2010
Just don't enjoy PvP, so I don't do it. Though I suppose Wizard101 would probably be the closest I'd come to giving it a go.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
i'm tired of everytime something like this comes up there are a bunch of people that always act like everything is against them the game is balanced and pvp is balanced whether you belive it or not if you don't think it is then stay out of pvp and stop complaining about everything everyone says ice is too hard well guess what ice rarely criticals therefore they don't do as much damage. so if you can't win in pvp then chances are you need to fix your deck.

wolf griffinbreath level 60 fire
wolf griffinrider level 42 storm
william liferunner level 14 life

Survivor
Aug 15, 2011
i sometimes do pvp but its not like i win i hate it when people ask me to help them in a pvp match but then when i have ported i say " sorry i cant help you "

Survivor
Apr 01, 2009
PvP is lots of fun, if you start by accepting the idea that you might lose sometime to another player that has a good strategy and/or good equipment setup.

If you could fix/change one thing in w101 dueling, it would be the HUGE penalty that someone suffers every round that they go second. The person going second constantly plays blind into what the person going 1st will actually play. Experienced duelists will have a solid feel for what their opponent will probably do, but it's never certain. The person going 1st will never hit into a shield that they didn't see before they select their card to play.

Other card style games use a concept of preplayed "trap" or "counter" cards, which are triggered when an opponent plays a certain card type. This is similar to several of the "cheating" bosses in w101 PvE. If the person going 2nd could gain the ability to "cheat" like some of the PvE bosses, then the "going second penalty" would be reduced.

Sincerely,

DerHund

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009