Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Showing off

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
I have a vast collection of super cool wands and staffs. I can't bear to sell them, and I can only use one at a time.

You should be able to display them, like you see in the shops. We can already display clothes. Why can't we display wands too.

It would also be cool to put clothes on shelves and racks like in the shops, so you and everyone can clearly see all your nice boots or hats at once.

I also thought about badges,athames, and amulets too, but that would be hard to see and fairly impractical.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
kinggriffen wrote:
I have a vast collection of super cool wands and staffs. I can't bear to sell them, and I can only use one at a time.

You should be able to display them, like you see in the shops. We can already display clothes. Why can't we display wands too.

It would also be cool to put clothes on shelves and racks like in the shops, so you and everyone can clearly see all your nice boots or hats at once.

I also thought about badges,athames, and amulets too, but that would be hard to see and fairly impractical.

Same sentiments here. I asked a few months ago to have the ability to place wands on your walls (or in shop racks). Afterall, some of those could be crown bought wands and in five levels they are worthless. It would at least serve as a neat housing item after that.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
kingurz wrote:
kinggriffen wrote:

Same sentiments here. I asked a few months ago to have the ability to place wands on your walls (or in shop racks). Afterall, some of those could be crown bought wands and in five levels they are worthless. It would at least serve as a neat housing item after that.

Why would you spend crowns on something that in five levels are useless? Besides, everything in the game you can get as a drop. (Well, crown clothes anyways.)

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
kinggriffen wrote:

that is exactly what i was thinking :)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:
kingurz wrote:
kinggriffen wrote:

Why would you spend crowns on something that in five levels are useless? Besides, everything in the game you can get as a drop. (Well, crown clothes anyways.)

Do you know how many people spent Crowns for the Lifeforce Blade??? A lot. Yes, they are drops, but the drop rate is crazy low (some people are convinced they aren't even dropping). Those Lifeforce blades will be obsolete the second a new expansion is released.

Besides, whether you obtained the wand from Crowns or Drops doesn't matter. Wouldn't you want to give it a second life as decoration? I mean the Sapphire Blade I got from one of the Oni's was great for the next three levels of Mooshu, but when I hit Dragonspyre a better wand (from the wand store) was already available. I'm saying instead of trashing or selling it, you could display it.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
kingurz wrote:
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:
kingurz wrote:
kinggriffen wrote:

Do you know how many people spent Crowns for the Lifeforce Blade??? A lot. Yes, they are drops, but the drop rate is crazy low (some people are convinced they aren't even dropping). Those Lifeforce blades will be obsolete the second a new expansion is released.

Besides, whether you obtained the wand from Crowns or Drops doesn't matter. Wouldn't you want to give it a second life as decoration? I mean the Sapphire Blade I got from one of the Oni's was great for the next three levels of Mooshu, but when I hit Dragonspyre a better wand (from the wand store) was already available. I'm saying instead of trashing or selling it, you could display it.

Well, I haven't gotten it yet, but I've only done waterworks like 10 times or so, and 2 different people in my group have gotten it. Meh.

And got a level 25 staff from Lord Nightshade, gives a power pip. And Bolt Blade (15, pip) from some guy in the Temple of Storms. King Uro Ahnic or something. Then again with Wysteria you can get it now at level 20 anyways... KingsIsle making everything so much easier so crowns items are pretty much pointless....

I mean, come on... Krokopatra used to have 2k health, now only 1.2k... And doesn't cast kraken anymore (I think).

And WC, bosses only do like 40 damage, not 120 anymore. it's not even a challenge to do Nightshade at level 9, or that other boss right before, or Harvest 0Lord at level 7.

And besides, you can craft/buy a wand that is pretty close to as good.

Shoot, I did malistaire solo at level 44 on my storm wizard without any special clothes OR treasure cards. And I didn't even have a good pet. +1% power pip was it.

Basically, BUYING crown items is ridiculous. Most of the time it isn't even the best stuff for that level.

Although yes, I agree you should be able to show stuff off as furniture just like pets and mounts... But not for the sole reason of it being a crown item that you wasted your money on.