Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I can't trash my No Trade, No Auction house

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
I have three No Trade, No Auction houses, which is the limit of the number of houses I can have. I can't trash the house, so I can't get another, larger house.

My bank, backpack, and gold are all close to full. I have to do something quickly. Am I stuck with the three houses I now have?

Shouldn't this game teach the young uns about residential resale value?

I think so.

Please respond to this. I found the same bug report in a 2010 message. I saw no response.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Grimely wrote:
I have three No Trade, No Auction houses, which is the limit of the number of houses I can have. I can't trash the house, so I can't get another, larger house.

My bank, backpack, and gold are all close to full. I have to do something quickly. Am I stuck with the three houses I now have?

Shouldn't this game teach the young uns about residential resale value?

I think so.

Please respond to this. I found the same bug report in a 2010 message. I saw no response.

You can sell the houses. Go to any house vendor, like the one in Wizard City in the Shopping District.

Before you sell a house, you must "empty" it first. When you go into your house, and click on "place object", there is an option to "Pick up all objects".

But I saw a few other posts where people used the "pick up all objects" button, and it did not pick up the flooring and wallpaper. If you still have flooring and / or wallpaper in the house, you can't sell it yet.

To remove flooring and / or wallpaper, go into your house.
On the right side of your screen, click on "place an object" tab.

Then, on the left side of the screen, click on the tab for ONLY "flooring and wallpaper". When you do, you will see two new tabs on the right side to "remove wallpaper" and to "pick up flooring".

Hope this helps.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
You should be able to sell the house to any housing merchant. The bazaar and all other merchants won't work. You have to make sure all your stuff is picked up and no longer associated with the house (including wallpaper).

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
Further information: acting on a hunch, I went back and removed all garden plots, and emptied the attic putting everything either in my backpack or at the other two houses. It definitely looks like moving day there. At the house I want to trash, the outdoor furniture item count is zero, the indoor furniture item count is zero, and the gardening item count is zero.

Now, when I select the house I want to trash and press Equip, the trash button is inoperable. When I unequip it and simply select it, the trash button is also inoperable. I cannot see a way to trash.

Who will rid me of this pesky residence?

I am now trying to log off and log back on ... no change. Still can't trash it.

I now going to go see what how clearly the user guide deals with this issue. I'm expecting it does not mention a word ...

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
Even more information:

I just read the player guide. It states simply that you can own up to three houses. Since the item list has a trash button, so i expect a house to be trashable. In other places like a recipe vendor list, if you're not allowed to do something, when you put your cursor over the action you want to do, a message is shown telling you why you can't do that.

Nowhere does it say you can't trash a house. The program simply won't allow you to.

While you're looking into this, I also noticed that sometimes when I equip a house, the picture of that house isn't always shown. I have to exit the manual and reenter. Then the picture of the equipped house is shown correctly. Perhaps that is another symptom of the error.

I'm anxious to resolve this. Again, a Dec 2010 message reporting the very same problem has no reply, which bothers me.

Is anyone out there?

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011

Okay. Problem solved. It's not a bug. Here's the deal for those of you who have the same problem. The houses I own are all "No Trade" and "No Auction". Since they are no auction, you can't sell them at the Bazaar. The Bazaar is not interested in houses they can't resell. So, you have to sell elsewhere. I when to the Shopping District housing vendor who sells and buys houses.

Second, I believe you have to remove all items first. A garden plot is an item. So, you may have to remove it before you sell the house. There are three item lists associated with the house:

1. the outdoor furniture items
2. the indoor furniture items
3. the gardening items where a plot is an item

Apparently, the attic is shared among all houses, so it needn't be empty.

Good luck.

Sorry about bothering the techies.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
One final observation. When you get your very first home deed, the messages explaining how to move between your dorm room and your new home include the final sentence: when you sell your home, all of your items are placed in the attic so you can use them in your new home.

So, the items are removed automatically. You don't have to do it yourself.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
Well, first EMPTY the house. Then, go to any house store and sell it. Hope I helped! :D

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I don't think you can trash any house, but for some reason, only one house actually contains that tag, "NO DROP."

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
One final note about an inconsistency. When you get your first house, a dialogue that pops up to explain how to get to it and your dorm room. In the last sentence it states when you sell your house everything is put into the attic.

However, at the furniture shop you cannot sell a house that has items in it. If you put your cursor over the greyed out Sell button, a message is shown saying you can't sell a house that is not empty.

So, the initial dialogue and the housing shop disagree. When you sell your house, you have to empty it first. The best way is to use the pick up everything option, open the attic, and store everything there.

The attic and everything in it is available to you regardless of which home you're in at the time. Each home does not have its own attic. You have an attic that is common to all of your homes. That could be a little confusing if you aren't aware of that.

Good luck and have fun!