Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm am calling the Fashion police!

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Let me start by saying that I often hear that KI leans toward the girls.

And while that is debatable, the girls gear often offer this or that version of a gown or a school girl uniform. There is only one robe that gives us pants. The rock and roll outfit, has a pair of knee length jeans?

Weak!!

Here are some suggestions. Since the hats can be anything can we make one that is a pin or a comb or a head band (not like the 80s lets get physical version) maybe instead of a huge body sized blade or a tree trunk we can get gloves or a purse.

Can we get sneakers? Maybe some stylish shoes with nice looking socks, but mostly can we get some pants or jeans or shorts or something.

Maybe you can call up project runway. Tell them to make you a challenge and the winner of the challenge will have their gear sold. And you can use child models the walk the runway and have some members vote on the best designs (since we all are child chars) It would give you free publicity, and with some luck, something worth stitching.

Seriously I know we are cartoon chars but do we have to look so silly? We can't have a more modern look for today's wizard. Still if all that is too much i would settle for more pants for girls.

just my two cents.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2010
Wait; What!?!
Girls get pants. All of the Dragonspyre gear has pants.
Tunics, pants and boots.
There isn't a dress or gown around at higher levels... unless one stitches.
I like your idea about different hat gear... maybe gloves, (or gauntlets, if that's a better term) and sporty shoes is a pretty neat idea too, but Idk if the fashion police needs to be called. :D

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Sojourna wrote:
Let me start by saying that I often hear that KI leans toward the girls.

And while that is debatable, the girls gear often offer this or that version of a gown or a school girl uniform. There is only one robe that gives us pants. The rock and roll outfit, has a pair of knee length jeans?

Weak!!

Here are some suggestions. Since the hats can be anything can we make one that is a pin or a comb or a head band (not like the 80s lets get physical version) maybe instead of a huge body sized blade or a tree trunk we can get gloves or a purse.

Can we get sneakers? Maybe some stylish shoes with nice looking socks, but mostly can we get some pants or jeans or shorts or something.

Maybe you can call up project runway. Tell them to make you a challenge and the winner of the challenge will have their gear sold. And you can use child models the walk the runway and have some members vote on the best designs (since we all are child chars) It would give you free publicity, and with some luck, something worth stitching.

Seriously I know we are cartoon chars but do we have to look so silly? We can't have a more modern look for today's wizard. Still if all that is too much i would settle for more pants for girls.

just my two cents.

I get where you're coming from, but I don't see this happening. Especially for Project Runway.

Plenty of robes give pants. Almost all of KT's clothing has pants or something of the sort, as does Mooshu, Dragonspyre, and Celestia.

I like the different variety for hats, however. The way it is now, no one can see a character's hair. I wish they would make it like WoW, where you could toggle hats. You could still wear them and get their effects. Just no one would see them.

The sneakers and jeans thing is a little much. We're Wizards. Wizards are just unfashionable, by pure nature. Except, of course, for Prof. Falmea.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
Well no, I say this because by juding of the buildings and other items, we are probably in the era of no modern day technology.

Hunter LegendWraith level60 necromancer

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
I agree that some of the gear should be changed, but not all of it. After all, the story of the game is that "We come froma distant realm". And this is just an opinion but the reason I was so happy to get out of MB was that I wouldn't have to carry around purses any more or gloves or sweaters or scarves or... but yes, some of the outfits are just weird.

Historian
May 28, 2009
This game takes time in the 1910s. So we only get gears like in Magic style movies. It won't exist mordern (1980~2000s) clothes. Except if it's for a party quest.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
i think this idea is good but project runway thing is way out of our leage. i dont agree with the people who said that wizard is taken in 1910 or anything like that i dont know what article they have been reading but mo were in the story line had it said that. it does say we came from a world just not a specific one. i think the no hat idea is good but the sneakers not so much, we are wizard we dont wanna look to mortal. we are wizards and i little corection by oants i think she meant jeans because they have all outfits with pants exept dresses

Defender
Oct 04, 2009
Your kidding right?
Yeah maybe if we go to an earth world or something.
You see, the look of the gear you get has the look of something that would look normal in that world, maybe if KI comes out with a "Person Hoard" maybe but other then that I deont see it happoning

Explorer
May 25, 2009
Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Er, I have no problem with the way we have things now. I mean, Purses. Really though... We're WIZARDS! We don't need headbands or anything. Wizards are magical. If I was a wizard, the last thing I'd care about is having a purse with me all the time. And if we had purses, in combat, we'd be holding a wand in one hand, a purse in the other? That'd look plain silly. Look around, in Mooshu, Dragonspyre, and Celestia. Even Krok has some outfits with pants!

Sneakers and socks, I'd have to say no to this. Boots are more Wizardy, and I can't see this happening in the future.

I'm sorry if I sounded mean, just giving feedback!

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
pizzamonkey71 wrote:
Wait; What!?!
Girls get pants. All of the Dragonspyre gear has pants.
Tunics, pants and boots.
There isn't a dress or gown around at higher levels... unless one stitches.
I like your idea about different hat gear... maybe gloves, (or gauntlets, if that's a better term) and sporty shoes is a pretty neat idea too, but Idk if the fashion police needs to be called. :D

Seriouly, the boy version of all that armor may seem heroic, but the girls version, well let just say that thing that covers the hips and breats plate not pants. Its nice if you like that but not pants.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
flipper2299 wrote:
Er, I have no problem with the way we have things now. I mean, Purses. Really though... We're WIZARDS! We don't need headbands or anything. Wizards are magical. If I was a wizard, the last thing I'd care about is having a purse with me all the time. And if we had purses, in combat, we'd be holding a wand in one hand, a purse in the other? That'd look plain silly. Look around, in Mooshu, Dragonspyre, and Celestia. Even Krok has some outfits with pants!

Sneakers and socks, I'd have to say no to this. Boots are more Wizardy, and I can't see this happening in the future.

I'm sorry if I sounded mean, just giving feedback!

Um I see you havent subsribed but all the lastest fashion magazines (in the spiral) say we are due for a more fashion forward look. And hey i am not saying take away the "fashion" that is here. By all means wear whatever you like, i am just think there has to be more choice! And who says that we have to look like the world we are in or that we have too be dressed for battle? And honestly I dont think krok has pants at all. The have the egyptian servant or the egyption princess look but both call for skirts. Mooshu does have what look like balloon pants that are U G L Y and no alibi. And cestial like DS have outfits that are more or less one style fits all battle gear, but thats not fashion either. Call Project Runway i bet they would. Come on you gues no I would not tell you to do it if i didnt think you had a shot. But I think at this point you do.

I like the idea for the same reason that I like castles and mounts and pets. Its something new to do. Lets face I am done with the quests the pets the drops and the farming. I have lots or lots. It happens to everyone who actually plays the game. outside of maybe pvp, crafting (which you can complete) and gardening (which is never ending) you can get bored between worlds i just though it would be nice to see some nice looking gear. I wasnt a big fan of wearing a pig or tree bark.

Can the next world think more about the options. Because while the purse or the bag may not be everyone's cup of tea, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that i am not the only one who'd buy. And might I add gowns are nice and so are skirts but a nice pair of jeans maybe a jacket or some shorts or well anything that looks nice can be dyed or even school uniforms that have a more color options hey think bedazzled lol.

Lastly, good grief people, i tend not to post a lot here (well i could post more) because it every time someone offer's an idea 50 people just to crush it. LOL I am not being mean really just saying sometimes if you have nothing to add, its ok. And thank you tigerstrikegirl this IS more funny than serious. I am asking because it would be nice. I am not demanding and gues what i would be nice. Think about it ki.. how cool would it be if we had gloves and the spells did something different then kick. heck i would except less spell cards for better stats (crit and block). its not like the program is that big a deal. the same progam. The gloves can glitter or give off flames or lighting or any combination of signature school glows (like swords) but it will make me look less menacing (ie little girl in doll baby dress maryjane shoes and a big old sword) you know what i mean.

Ok I am done rambling. have at it folks what do you think can we use some fashion or do wizards not dress up and if they dont then why are so many Legends stitching outfits from early worlds? They stitch it because they like the way they look, and that is fashion.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
This game takes time in the 1910s. So we only get gears like in Magic style movies. It won't exist mordern (1980~2000s) clothes. Except if it's for a party quest.

1910? what make you think that? I mean it the world in the game represent all times in which the lores of the school thrived. MB was storm as storm is the school of technology. As Myth lore refers to Colosus lane and all that Minotaur and cyclops. balance ironically in the desert. Death has no world really just areas, wintertusk was home of the ice giants.

Life appearce to be a mixture of asian lore and all around ming dynasty era which i assure is long before 20th century, and celestia is futuristic view of atlantis but its very name indicates that it leans beyond our current time. But if you say so i would like to read your take on it. Still what does that have to do with more fashion?

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
Sojourna wrote:
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

1910? what make you think that? I mean it the world in the game represent all times in which the lores of the school thrived. MB was storm as storm is the school of technology. As Myth lore refers to Colosus lane and all that Minotaur and cyclops. balance ironically in the desert. Death has no world really just areas, wintertusk was home of the ice giants.

Life appearce to be a mixture of asian lore and all around ming dynasty era which i assure is long before 20th century, and celestia is futuristic view of atlantis but its very name indicates that it leans beyond our current time. But if you say so i would like to read your take on it. Still what does that have to do with more fashion?

MB is developing technology that we use in modern times. Yet juding from the scene, this world takes place in thhe 1950's I can guarantee you KI was clever and based marleybone on the 1950's london gang outbreak. other worlds are WAY back in time, or way further in time. (WC is 1990's KT 1970's MB 1950's MS 1890's DS ? CL Present day or future WS 2000's GH 1750's)

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
yea professor flamea is hot no pun inten.... ok pun intended anyway the idea of gloves as a hat isnt a good idea but having gloves as another type of gear is they could give strength and health maybe even block or critical rating this could be a good idea.and as for fashion they should give us boys something likeable too besides the feather hats every time i see guys in the commons most level 60s look like noobs gear look wise the other 25% have royal family stuff which isnt bad although ki should finish the royal family gear ice and balance need a feather hat that was never created.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
The Rock and Roll outfit is not the ONLY uniform with pants. My fire robe has pants. And it gives me fire resist :D
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

MB is developing technology that we use in modern times. Yet juding from the scene, this world takes place in thhe 1950's I can guarantee you KI was clever and based marleybone on the 1950's london gang outbreak.

I disagree that the "scene" is 1950s. Not at all. The costumes, plus the Sherlock Holms & Jack-the-Ripper story arcs, both clearly represent late 19th Century Victorian London. Like, 1880s.

The automobiles, oddly, do indicate roughly 1910 and therefore don't fit with the other themes. There is a little bit of artistic license going on there, but that's okay. This isn't a history lesson.

Gangs have long been a problem, but you may be right that KI took an incident from the 1950s and folded that in as well.

Getting back to the original topic, I want to have access to the boy colors! They are softer, more earthy, and much more desirable to this girl wizard. Give me Eggplant instead of Fushia, please! I want Teal instead of Baby Blue! I want Pumpkin instead of Orange juice orange. 8)

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Freshta wrote:
Getting back to the original topic, I want to have access to the boy colors! They are softer, more earthy, and much more desirable to this girl wizard. Give me Eggplant instead of Fushia, please! I want Teal instead of Baby Blue! I want Pumpkin instead of Orange juice orange. 8)

Yes, yes! I want better colors, too.

qbb

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
Love the idea of the hats! Right now, to get my best stats, I have to wear this ugly wolf thing, that doesn't show my lovly blonde hair! I liked the tall eagle Krok hat, because it had some good stats, or at least mine did, and it looked pretty cool. Purses? Maybe not though. No offense, but that would be a little hard to animate, and what's the point anyway? My advice, new hat designs, and, yes, maybe some gauntlets, but most of all, please let us color things whatever we want, instead of offering us only a handful of colors. My outfits is purly Buckhorn High colors, blue and gold (Go Bucks!), so a lot of good things usually go unpurchased. Please let me show my school spirit on everything I wear.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
Defender
Jan 09, 2009
izzi250 wrote:
Sojourna wrote:
ELECTRIC333 wrote:

MB is developing technology that we use in modern times. Yet juding from the scene, this world takes place in thhe 1950's I can guarantee you KI was clever and based marleybone on the 1950's london gang outbreak. other worlds are WAY back in time, or way further in time. (WC is 1990's KT 1970's MB 1950's MS 1890's DS ? CL Present day or future WS 2000's GH 1750's)

Excuse me, but where are you getting your intel from? Certainly not a reliable source. How do meowiarty and Sherlock Bones point to Marleybone being in the 50's? And how do castles, arenas, towers, and haunted caves mean that Wizard City is in the 90's? And Krokotopia in the 70's? I don't even know where to begin with that one. 90's Mooshu? There are freakin ninja, samoorai, monks, demons even! Celestia in present day? Since when do we see floating heads just lying around the house? Wysteria in our current century? It is a giant castle! and Grizzleheim in the middle of the Revolution? I can assure you, the Vikings were long before the Revolution. It was vikings that were the first europeans to land on the americas! Not any silly Chris. So just tell me where you get your information from, and i will take up my complaints with them.

Rogan Dragonflame, Legendary Pyromancer and top of my history class.

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
;) I say this as a friend, so you know.

But I've constructed a perfectly fashionable yet wizardy outfit our of the rock n. roll outfit, jester's boots (solf from the seamstress next to Zeke in wizard city, my memory fails me at her name >.<), and a nice hate too (sold at the same place, yet again my memory fails me and I can't remember the name of the hat. ) and dyed the hat and boots yellow and pink to match the outfit. It's really stylish, yet something wizards would wear. Just use your imagination a little. Isn't that what wizards do? Conjure up the impossible to make it real?

Thanks for reading,
~Tabitha Spiritsong

Defender
May 01, 2011
i must say i do not like the skirts and dresses kingsisle makes for the girls most of the time you see me on wizard101 i will be wearing any outfit that has pants! i dont like the skirts i get them all the time in mooshu