Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which school does the best at pvp?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
Defender
Jun 14, 2010

Whichever school a person chooses, takes the time to learn and master, is the best school in pvp.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
based upon level and table size I'd have to say fire, death, life, storm, myth, balance, and ice in any order though it helps if you know how to play them

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Fire for 1v1. (Not even a question, if your prefer myth though, it comes in a close second.)

Hmm, group pvp is probably ice, storm, and life. (First turn advantage is the biggest influence in group pvp, not what your school of focus is.)

If your gonna do both, then Ice. (Fire would come in a close second due to its sheer force in 1v1, and its ability to be quite competitive in group pvp.)

-Solstice64

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Aelita987 wrote:
Well ya. Title said it all. I was just wondering 8)

My opinon my differ slightly from most, but for Legendary, I would have
to say Myth for 1v1.
Myth is just designed for 1v1, and seems to have all the correct spells for it. In 1v1 Myth is extremely hard to beat, and from second, I have never been able to beat a good myth.
I would place Fire as a very close second, just based on it's spells and power.
Then Balance with the Myth Amulet, next Death, etc.

If you go into 2v2, I like Blance and Death, they seems to do very well.
Life is great in any XvX, wtih the exception of 1V1, it just doesn't have the hitting power to take anyone out from second.

When you get into 3v3 or 4v4, then I like to use my Ice, Life, Myth, Storm, Balance or Death. Anyone with a Good AOE spell can be good in 2v2 and above, but you have to have like minded people and good communications.
The key is getting the correct types of Wizards paired up in the team.

Joe.
Joseph LionHunter.
Ice, Balance, Storm, Death, Life and Myth.
(See you in PvP).

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
I assume you think one specific school is the best? Nope.

All schools have pros and cons. Eh, I'm saying no school is good. Everyone looses.

I suggest making each of every character. Get them to level 10. PVP with them, choose your favorite. Eh yeah, so you choose whichever you want. Ice is great for defense, but Storm is great for attack.

Choose wisely ~

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
loki1201 wrote:

Whichever school a person chooses, takes the time to learn and master, is the best school in pvp.

I think the real question is, what school does best when used to its fullest, and what is best for someone starting pvp.

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
It's not about your school of focus, it's how you strategize.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I can't tell you with certainty which school is best for PvP, but I can tell you what schools play at Warlord level the most, which may give you some idea what schools do well.

The most played schools, based on about 150 Warlord 1v1 matches:

1. Fire- by far the most played school at Warlord level in 1v1
2. Death
3. Ice
4. Storm
5. Balance
6. Myth
7. Life

Notice a pattern? Damage over Time schools seem to dominate 1v1, with 63% of my matches being against fire, death, and ice.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2011
It depends on if your doing a 1v1 2v2 3v3 or 4v4.

The perfect 1v1 would depend. this would be like the match ups that beat each other like life could be good against fire but bad against storm or so on. It also depends on your clothes.

2v2. The best 2v2 team would be like 1v1 teams.

3v3 this is my opinion for he perfect 3v3. Life, Myth, and Storm.

4v4 this is my opinion on perfect 4v4 teams. Life, Storm, Ice, and Balance or
Death, life, balance, fire, or Myth, ice, life, storm.

But overall they are equal. It depends on an individuals battle strategy and their deck plus level.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Ice is nasty going second against in 1v1, because of steal ward (painful to Necromancers, as it makes Dark Pact and Sacrifice less useful) and Tower Shield. Frostbite spamming hurts too. But, a Necromancer can fight second and still win easily, if they play right. (Using Poison helps.)

In 2v2, a good team is Balance and Death, as "Balance has all the blades, death has all the traps". Basically, the Balance wizard uses Bladestorm, a few Hexes, and Balanceblade on both people on your side, and the Death wizard uses Deathblade, Dark Pact and a Feint or two. After that, you've already won, unless the opponent has Earthquake, which shuts that down quickly.

In 3v3, a team of Storm, Life, and Myth/Ice is good. Storm is the main attacker, hitting hard with Leviathan or tempest or whatever. Life is healer, as it is meant to be, making sure that the Storm doesn't die before the big hit.

Myth/Ice are support roles. I'd recommend Myth, as they have Shatter and Earthquake, as well as Minotaur and Orthrus, as well as lots of minions, as well as Medusa. But Ice has Tower Shield, and Frozen/Ice armor, which works surprisingly well to shield the Storm. And they also have Freeze, the 80% accuracy 0-pip stun spell.

In 4v4, you should use a team of Fire/Death, Storm, Ice, and Myth, as long as the Ice has a Life mastery amulet on. The Fire/Death (your choice) will either use Scarecrow, Plague, and Virulent Plague a lot, and the Fire would go to town with Fire Dragons, Choke (when absolutely necessary) and Efreet galore.

The Storm, Ice, and Myth serve the same purpose as in 3v3, but the Myth should use Earthquake more to shut the opponent down, Ice should use Tower and Legion Shield instead of Frozen and Ice Armor, and Storm should use full-pip Tempests more. The Ice should also take over the role of the Theurgist and have a higher power pip chance and lower defense than in 3v3.

So, there you have it. Every school is good at PvP in some scenario, wether it be 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4. Pick your favorite.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
moogirl45 wrote:
ice

Ice plus Death. Not only does the name sound cool (Ice and Death), by using Death's drain attacks, your Ice health and shielding will make you an agony for the other PvP-er to defeat.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010