Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pvp losers trying to get you baned

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 25, 2011
I decided to try to pvp a little on my level 15 myth mage today.
all he has is quest gear nothing from the crown shop, in like my forth match i get put up against a captain in expensive gear and i end up winning, so at the end of the match i say gg, and he starts ranting about me being a cheater and he is going to report me, so all i say is "I cheated?" and i get a pop up saying that i was reported for "bad language" Now this is just wrong, he lost in a fair fight and now he is making stuff up trying to get me banned.

So can I really get in trouble for what this guy is making up?
I am new to the game so not sure how it works around here.

Administrator
The answer to this, and many other questions can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions section of the message boards.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28843.ftl

When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assesses the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions (such as muting or banning) and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just as egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 25, 2011
thank you very much for the reply, this makes me feel much better as this seems to be happening more than once and i was worried about it.

This morning I won a duel and at the end of it i said gg meaning good game, since I thought it was a good duel and was again reported for bad language.

I am starting to think I just shouldnt talk to them at all :(

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Something like that happened to me only he said he was friends with a guy who knows someone who works for w101 and he could get away with it. I dont think he can get away with it though

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
The answer to this, and many other questions can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions section of the message boards.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28843.ftl

When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assesses the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions (such as muting or banning) and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just as egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

Professor Greyrose is right, if the person who lost got angry and tried to report you for no reason whatsoever they will find themselves banned if they try to spam you with false reports.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
It's a false report so you should be fine :D

Caroline Sunbright legendary theurgist

Survivor
Dec 26, 2009
first i'd like to say omg that guy is a sore loser, no offense but you did nothing wrong. you won fair and square and if he cant except that then he shouldnt pvp at all.
and since you did nothing wrong that report was therefore false and he will get in trouble with Kingsisle for a false report just because he's bad at pvp.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
happened to me before never reported in my whole game play of this if i did i have know idea

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
Mastermind
May 13, 2011
scotttttttttt wrote:
Something like that happened to me only he said he was friends with a guy who knows someone who works for w101 and he could get away with it. I dont think he can get away with it though

i dont think KI does favoritism either