Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets dont add up

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I have deleted many pets now as they show me traits that will not help me in a fight. Its a shame when a pet does not give a pip boost or Damage. I have had some that gave nothing useful and just deleted them. Now my Balance Dragon is showing nothing after leveling twice, so it will be deleted, it came to me from a Card from Game stop. I have some storm Colossus that are doing the same.
Game should go back to the Original pets you got from your school. They gave you Pip boost at least. 5% now with a school pet you can consider yourself lucky if you get this. I do have least one good pet, He gives a Balance Blade and storm Blade along with pip boost. This is a rare pet.
I bought the sea Dragon and much to my surprise it gave me nothing I could use in a fight and it was bought with crowns. I didnt want to delete it but it would be nice to be able to get my crowns back since I cant use it. I hatch it in hopes of one day getting a pet that is useful.
I was about to buy a Balance pet for my balance wizard but the sea Dragon results stop me from buying anything. I wont buy pets anymore.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
Pets: are random 10 possibilities in each column and you can have 4 in each depending on the pedigree of the pet determines possible traits you can aquire . Sea Dragon at purchase has some of the best possible traits in game.

Sometimes however when you train you dont get want your looking doesn't mean the chance to get that trait wasnt there.

2nd. look up the trait you are trying to get example: Spritely " Pet may cast sprite" you have 4 training chances to get if available on that pet so how do i increase my chance well a big part of health attributes/healing is Agility so when i train get agility up 1st ahead of other stats will increase mmy chance to get.

3rd. Pip % boost or chance to power pip is " Pip O Plenty" rare trait

You can go to www.wizard101wikicentral.com to look up possible traits your pet can learn getting the traits out of the listed possible takes a little work and luck.

Sea Dragon btw has highest 1st gen pedigree and comes with some of the best traits to possibly get without having to hatch.

So keep trying you will get the traits you want eventually.

Thank you

Valkoor Hexwielder lvl 60 Balance

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
What I heard you say is that you got a couple of pets, and they didn't instantly give you all the talents you wanted.

Pets are awesome! Getting a pet that suits your needs is about selective hatching. I have a pet that gives me 14% resist to all schools, spritely, and 6% accuracy. I worked to get that, and am working to get a far better pet because I know a little effort will pay off. This game is like anything in life. You will only get out of it what you put in it. Never complain that something was not handed to you. If you didn't work for it, and earn it, then it has no value.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Ayahc20 wrote:
Pets: are random 10 possibilities in each column and you can have 4 in each depending on the pedigree of the pet determines possible traits you can aquire . Sea Dragon at purchase has some of the best possible traits in game.

Sometimes however when you train you dont get want your looking doesn't mean the chance to get that trait wasnt there.

2nd. look up the trait you are trying to get example: Spritely " Pet may cast sprite" you have 4 training chances to get if available on that pet so how do i increase my chance well a big part of health attributes/healing is Agility so when i train get agility up 1st ahead of other stats will increase mmy chance to get.

3rd. Pip % boost or chance to power pip is " Pip O Plenty" rare trait

You can go to www.wizard101wikicentral.com to look up possible traits your pet can learn getting the traits out of the listed possible takes a little work and luck.

Sea Dragon btw has highest 1st gen pedigree and comes with some of the best traits to possibly get without having to breed.

So keep trying you will get the traits you want eventually.

Thank you

Valkoor Hexwielder lvl 60 Balance

there is a better site then that go to www.petnome.com

type in the pet your looking for like say golden piggle
then it will show stuff that matched your search or even go to that page directly

the page will have all the possable talents for any pet ya want

the site is just amasing it even tells how to get them

so yea hope ya find out what pets have the talent ya want and remember to keep training those pets

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Tonight I leveled my school wraith up. Got pip O Plenty but the next trait was "effecient" I hate to delete the school pet but if I dont get damage and pips then I see no use in keeping it. I have leveled quite a few pets. I would guess maybe about 50 to 100 in that range, What I dont understand is the treats they LOVE make them not give you the traits you look for.
If the school pet turns out to be what I cant use. I guess I will give up on pets all together. I am tired of spending gold and leveling and deleteing. When all I look for in a pet is pip boost and Damage. Dont care about sprite help, I heal myself if I need healing. Dont care about resistance I use shields. Place everyone would love help with is pips and Damage. I have won as drops about 10 Wildclaw I think is their name, they are myth. I give them 2 levels and if they dont give me anything they got to go. Maybe the Sea Dragon is suppose to be one of the better pets in the game. But like everything in life, there is a Lemon somewhere in it. Not all are top Notch good. Maybe I did get a Lemon, but why try again with the cost. Just so happens I won a sea Dragon drop in trial of spheres, But I am asking myself should I level it or wait. I thank the game for allowing me to have this drop as it replaces the one I bought, But in my mind I am wondering if it will give me anything I can use. Then again, I wonder if I should breed the two as the bad may come off on the good. There is really not enough information about breeding and what to do in order to help get the pet you want. I wish the game was more clear on hatching and how to get the pet you desire.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
Darkblood1 wrote:
Tonight I leveled my school wraith up. Got pip O Plenty but the next trait was "effecient" I hate to delete the school pet but if I dont get damage and pips then I see no use in keeping it. I have leveled quite a few pets. I would guess maybe about 50 to 100 in that range, What I dont understand is the treats they LOVE make them not give you the traits you look for.
If the school pet turns out to be what I cant use. I guess I will give up on pets all together. I am tired of spending gold and leveling and deleteing. When all I look for in a pet is pip boost and Damage. Dont care about sprite help, I heal myself if I need healing. Dont care about resistance I use shields. Place everyone would love help with is pips and Damage. I have won as drops about 10 Wildclaw I think is their name, they are myth. I give them 2 levels and if they dont give me anything they got to go. Maybe the Sea Dragon is suppose to be one of the better pets in the game. But like everything in life, there is a Lemon somewhere in it. Not all are top Notch good. Maybe I did get a Lemon, but why try again with the cost. Just so happens I won a sea Dragon drop in trial of spheres, But I am asking myself should I level it or wait. I thank the game for allowing me to have this drop as it replaces the one I bought, But in my mind I am wondering if it will give me anything I can use. Then again, I wonder if I should breed the two as the bad may come off on the good. There is really not enough information about breeding and what to do in order to help get the pet you want. I wish the game was more clear on hatching and how to get the pet you desire.

I used "Spritely " as an example Certain pets can get certain traits pedigree decides that Sea dragon gives everything you said you wanted if you didn't get them at adult still have 2 more chances to receive taking to epic.
Cause you didnt get what you wanted doesn't make pet a lemon all it means is you didn't train it more in the required stat base for that ability.

Pip O Plenty = Strength + Intellect + Power (rare ability) 1-5% pip
Pain Giver = Strength + Will + Power (ultra rare ability) 1-7% Damamge all school.

The % on those increase as stats increase

Hope that is helpful

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
if you get bad talents on a pet (which happens to me a lot), you can hatch with somebody who has a pet with good stats and hope to get better stats. If that doesn't work, hatch again :D