Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If the dungeon doesnt reset try this.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I found myself farming Malistaire and others inside a dungeon. I had problems with the dungeon not resetting after I left because it will stay defeated for about 30 minutes or less. When you re-enter the dungeon it is still defeated.
I finally figured out to change Realms and go back into the dungeon. It worked every time. I wish the game would give us hints on playing like this. But you play and learn. I have found out other things about the game by playing so much. Like the boss facing you will most likely hit you and not the guy next to you. I use this to decide what shields to place. Nothing worse than placing a fire shield and having the Myth next to him hit you. The Myth is directly across from you.
I have also noticed when I got into the higher levels of fighting beyond level 50, the opponents seem to be more into hitting than using a weakness on you.
In Dragonspyre, it was a normal thing to have a weakness placed on you in a fight. But once out of Dragonspyre the weakness seem to not be the thing.
My guess is that it was the Hitting that was more important than the placing of a weakness. I also dont place two different type shields on me, Like a 70% and a 50% because the hit will remove both. I use the same shield so it will work two rounds. I asked the game to explain to me how you get a hit or damage when you use a tower shield at 50% and another shield at 50% they both add up to 100% protection but you will get damage. Go figure.
Do you have an opponent using a shield against you? Use a Convert and go around the shield. If I know they will place a shield against me, I have a convert ready.

Administrator
That information is actually in the Player Guide:

Dungeons are personal adventures. They must be completed to get full credit. Logging out, leaving through the Dungeon entrance, or going to another dungeon will reset the Dungeon you started. Playing a Mini-game, going to a PvP or Derby match, or going to your home will reset the Dungeon. Leaving any other way gives you 30 minutes to return before the Dungeon resets.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
May 02, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
That information is actually in the Player Guide:

Dungeons are personal adventures. They must be completed to get full credit. Logging out, leaving through the Dungeon entrance, or going to another dungeon will reset the Dungeon you started. Playing a Mini-game, going to a PvP or Derby match, or going to your home will reset the Dungeon. Leaving any other way gives you 30 minutes to return before the Dungeon resets.

The players guide should be updated, as playing a mini-game or going to your house won't reset the dungeon, but logging out or leaving through the dungeon entrance (or exit if it has one) will reset the dungeon.