Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

In Limbo: A Plea to KI

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
@Megan,

Thank you for the lovely compliment :) I'll write for you anytime!

I am trying to cultivate a similar point of view and learn the pleasure of puttering. It's going fairly well, as I have an excellent model in you! Remember my summer burn out? I overcame that with your suggestion to craft, craft, craft!

Oh, btw, we really should do Helephant Tower together soon. It's my very favorite dungeon in the game thus far. I love the first floor!

@All,

Moira did quest in Celestia the other night, with the good company of David Anvilforge and Allison Winterblossom. We had a blast in the Grotto, what with all of us being legendary. It was an excellent adventure, and I learned something about playing for the sheer pleasure of good company and shared strategy to defeat those dastardly eels. I think questing with friends takes the focus away from progression and places it on gameplay for it's own sake. An added benefit is that Moira and friends encountered lots of grandmasters who needed some help, and were pleased to see 3 legendaries come to their aid.

Remember when I decided to finish Wintertusk before entering Celestia? Well, that turned out to be a very good decision. Moira is amply prepared to fight efficiently and effectively, since she has good critical, damage boost, and resist stats now. Before, with Iridian, Scarlet, and Rowan, the early areas of Celestia were quite intimidating to me. Now, Moira still has a nice challenge, but there is no sense of being overwhelmed or feeling of inadequacy to face those tough street mobs. I plan to follow the same path to Legendary with Alexandria Dreamwalker and Taryn Earthsinger.

I'd like to thank KI for setting up Wintertusk as a bridge between Dragonspyre and Celestia. It was the perfect solution to ameliorate the learning curve in the Survey Camp and the Grotto. If other wizards follow this path, they will find Celestia much more fun in the beginning.

I still don't necessarily like the idea of questing for little cyber-material reward, but I do have high hopes of good times with team practice for PvP, and pleasure in the challenges Celestia presents.

Happy Questing,

qbb/Moira Shadowmancer, Legendary Necromancer

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
shrukain wrote:
If you've already done EVERYTHING, I would do the quest so that you can collect some pets. I have started collecting all of the hounds, all of the collosuses, and all of the bats. So far I have a death, life storm and fire bat, an Orthrus and ice hound (my next goal is tempest hound, grimtooth or jade hound), and I have the ice, life, myth, storm, and fire collosuses.

@Shrukain,

This is an excellent suggestion. I was thinking last night that I want to farm Jade Oni for the elegant school outfits. I have the fire one, and it's gorgeous!

I am also interested in spending more time learning about pet genetics.

Thanks for the suggestions!

qbb/Moira

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
I agree that questing knowing I'm wasting valuble EXP just does not do it for me. 6 Hours in the Helephant tower for a lvl 5 pet snack, a lvl 54 ring, and a ghost touch treasure card really, really took the wind out of my sails. I won't ever go back to that tower.

Right now I find myself just redoing waterworks again and again for mega snacks and gold pearls - that's it - nothing else worth doing for me right now :(

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
Yes, it seems once you hit 60 Legendary not alot to do.

Most people don't want to waste xp on still available quests, They might do the quest and and turn in which gives them a jump on the xp when lvl cap increases but once at new cap back to same problem of an abundant amount of quests left to do.

My suggestion: a merit point system like in other mmo's every 10k xp or so = 1 merit point to be spent in an attribute area Damage, accuracy an so on.

This alone would give Legendaries something to do and not feel that they are wasting the xp of side quests that currently there is no need to do.

Especially since every new world that is released is open to lower levels giving them even more xp so they max out even sooner.

Just a Thought

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Ayahc20 wrote:
Yes, it seems once you hit 60 Legendary not alot to do.

Most people don't want to waste xp on still available quests, They might do the quest and and turn in which gives them a jump on the xp when lvl cap increases but once at new cap back to same problem of an abundant amount of quests left to do.

My suggestion: a merit point system like in other mmo's every 10k xp or so = 1 merit point to be spent in an attribute area Damage, accuracy an so on.

This alone would give Legendaries something to do and not feel that they are wasting the xp of side quests that currently there is no need to do.

Especially since every new world that is released is open to lower levels giving them even more xp so they max out even sooner.

Just a Thought

That is great idea! I like that.

Even having special items one could only buy with Merit Points would be nice, special clothes, pets, seeds etc. Megan