Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Better Graphics Maybe?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2010
I really love Wizard101 as it is, but sometimes some of the things can get a little bit weird. Like having a narrator tell you what your doing... So anyways. What if when you're talking to a character, if your sound and dialog volume are on, then there's no little text bar that you read from, instead the camera goes around you and the speaker! And whoever's talking, their mouth moves in accordance to whatever the person's saying. And you could possibly have some people record voices for the characters, so then you could kind of hear yourself talk. Or something like that. I just think that would be cool. Thank you!

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
Because some younger people who play can learn how to spell by reading the dialogue. Plus, what about people who can't hear?

Survivor
Jul 29, 2010
Rachelb506 wrote:
Because some younger people who play can learn how to spell by reading the dialogue. Plus, what about people who can't hear?

Hmmm...very true. Well, maybe in the beginning, when you're in the tutorial, Ambrose might ask if you want to read the dialoge. Or something like that. It's just a rough idea :)

Defender
May 31, 2009
I would love if this happened. It would give the game more variety. And you could have the option to switch it on or off....

:) I support this idea 100% :D

Sabrina, Legendary Thaumaturge

Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
on pirate 101 there are slightly better graphics than wiz, is there any way you could upgrade the graphics when i play pirate and get used to the graphics and the my friend says " lets meet on wiz " and i go on it my eyes hurt.

who else agrees that ki should upgrade wiz's graphics

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
strongblood15 on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
on pirate 101 there are slightly better graphics than wiz, is there any way you could upgrade the graphics when i play pirate and get used to the graphics and the my friend says " lets meet on wiz " and i go on it my eyes hurt.

who else agrees that ki should upgrade wiz's graphics
Pirates is a different game. Please don't mess with Wizard. I am quite happy with the game the way it is and have no intention of playing Pirates. thank you

Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
Defender
Mar 09, 2011
RavenLady777 on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
Pirates is a different game. Please don't mess with Wizard. I am quite happy with the game the way it is and have no intention of playing Pirates. thank you
Ouch.

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
Omg i totally agree that the graphics should be better! I don't play Pirate101, but i figured the graphics would be better. It sorta pains me to think that they (I don't know who 'they' is either, so don't ask) would put more effort in the Pirate101 game experience then Wizard101, but i am all for the idea of better graphics. (but... my computer already loads slowly enough. Would higher definition make it worse?)

Defender
Jul 11, 2011
Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
i have a new idea because of you

you know on games you usualy have a low, med and high graphics button. well if your computer is slow you can put it on low setting, that mean the graphics wont be great but your com will load faster. med will be the normal graphics and high for players who have amazing coms and want the better graphics.

who agrees now

Survivor
Nov 11, 2009
Hi Kingsisle!! Can you guys make the game graphics the way they are in the new tournament comercial? I have alot of friends that say if the graphics for the game we're as good as they are in tv, they would actually play and buy things to continue playing. The new graphics for the commercial we're really cool and i would love to see the game look as cool as that Thanks KI LOVE YA!!

~Cameron Lotus Mender level 46

Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
I know some users have old computers that have trouble running the game as it is, but maybe for higher-spec computers you can add more details? How about shaders and motion blur? Maybe you can upgrade texture detail even more? Leave what you think on this page.
Justin IronFist, lvl 33

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Justin IronFist on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
I know some users have old computers that have trouble running the game as it is, but maybe for higher-spec computers you can add more details? How about shaders and motion blur? Maybe you can upgrade texture detail even more? Leave what you think on this page.
Justin IronFist, lvl 33
I am one of those users and don't have thousands of dollars to buy a new computer since mine functions pretty much as new. If they do this, and I cannot play, then my membership goes away. period.
I guarantee I am not alone.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Hi. I have recently noticed that all of the rounded objects in this game are not very smooth. If something looks rounded, it is actually straight lines at angles. Seeing technology is better now then when the game was made, I would like to see some more objects rounded out. I would think that smoother round objects wouldn't cause too much lag, as it isn't any moving parts or any updating parts. I would like to see this game evolve into something so visually stunning, that it pulls people's attention. Then you wouldn't have to make the graphics on the commercials look 999% better than the games graphics.

tl;dr: Make round objects smoother.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Over the course of time, developers of an MMO will usually update the graphics.
This can be seen in World of Warcraft's most recent update.
I think sooner or later, Wizard101 will be getting a graphics update, similar to the Artwork found in Khrysalis and Pirate101. The game has been out for awhile now, and even just a slight HD render would be a nice addition.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
I think this will be a really great update to do. But if they are going to do it I think that they should leave an option to use the old graphics so people with slow computers can run the game too.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Ian Dragonpyre on May 28, 2014 wrote:
I think this will be a really great update to do. But if they are going to do it I think that they should leave an option to use the old graphics so people with slow computers can run the game too.
Yes, I believe it should only be an option to update for higher advanced computers, although this would delve into more problems...

Defender
May 29, 2013
Ruthless Anthony on May 22, 2014 wrote:
Over the course of time, developers of an MMO will usually update the graphics.
This can be seen in World of Warcraft's most recent update.
I think sooner or later, Wizard101 will be getting a graphics update, similar to the Artwork found in Khrysalis and Pirate101. The game has been out for awhile now, and even just a slight HD render would be a nice addition.
They should update the graphics to Pirate status
Pirate101 has beautiful graphics

Survivor
May 29, 2014
Well i was wondering well if you play games besides this you seen better graphics and i have no problem with the graphics on wizard101 but i think they could be better even if most users dont have a gaming pc i think if they ever make ultra graphics the game will look real Awesome even tho i'm fine with high graphics options on wizard 101 i really think ill be nice to see a realistic dragon even tho it might be hard to make graphics like it i know the game is focused on the young kids and they dont really care about Graphics but but i think ill be nice to the older public that play it , do you think is possible in the future???

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
I love the graphics they used in the commercials, those would be awesome!

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I really like the graphics as they are. I like the whimsical, "young wizard" feel of the game. When I want the realistic graphic games, I go play them. This is not that kind of game -- and the art fits the game quite well. So no, I don't think this is the kind of game where realistic artwork is needed or fitting.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
IDK i like it they way it is, i would feel rare if they changed graphics, i would be like, hey what just happened here, if they changed it i'd like it just like p101 look, it has pretty good graphics

-Richard
-Brahm

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't see it happening anytime soon. There are way too many kids, parents and grandparents who play on basic PC's or Laptops that just couldn't handle higher end graphics. The vast majority of players couldn't use the option so why spend a huge amount of money on it for no return?

Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
The new graphics would be very fun, but many people like me wouldn't like it because of the "bad or slow lap tops" we play this awesome game on. If they change graphics, the low spec pc's will be very slow. You get the idea.

Thank you for the attention