Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Challenge for the bored players

AuthorMessage
Adherent
May 20, 2010
The challenge is to create a wizard and finish Wizard City, Krokotopia, and Marleybone. Which side quests you do are your choice. If you do side quests or optional areas, you have to follow the rules.

Nobody is checking on you, so you're on your honor

Here are the rules:

A) Everything that you use has to be either bought by gold, dropped by enemies, or received as rewards from completing quests. That means no purchasing with Crowns (including Henchmen and Elixirs), no gifts, no KIFreegames awards, no PvP tickets, no Gardening awards, and NO Shared Bank.

B) You're allowed to sell whatever you legitimately receive for gold.

C) You can't use Pets or Treasure Cards. The spells you cast are those you learn or train.

D) You have to solo all bosses.

E) You have to make a reasonable attempt to solo all street fights.

F) Farming is allowed, as long as you do it alone.

G) You have to use your Starter Deck throughout.

Good luck.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Champion
May 03, 2011
This does sound challenging. And, no offense, but decidedly un-fun. No pets, no gardening...I don't know, but it's like going back a decade in gaming, isn't it? The fun thing about this game, for me, is putting it all together and making it work. You may have been a Spartan in a past life. Not me. Epicurus all the way. :D

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
If I weren't so dependant on friends for help, I would probably try to do this. (like, seriously, I'm addicted to getting help from friends. :P ) Anyways, the only problem i would have with this is... the starter deck? Practically half of the spells in there would have to be reshuffles!

Sophia AshHeart
Level 52 Balance
Briskbreeze Champion

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Hmm... I don't care if it sounds "Decidedly un-fun" or no... I'm trying it.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
well, i got another challenge. list every single enemy you can find and try to defeat them all (yep, lost souls too), one of a kind. the goal i am currently working on for my legend is building the celestial observatory, which requires a lot of work, having expensive recipes, hard to get furniture and the title of master artisan. got the first star chalice, but let me tell you, even before you get the recipe, its no piece of cake

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
colagada wrote:
The challenge is to create a wizard and finish Wizard City, Krokotopia, and Marleybone. Which side quests you do are your choice. If you do side quests or optional areas, you have to follow the rules.

Here are the rules:

A) Everything that you use has to be either bought by gold, dropped by enemies, or received as rewards from completing quests. That means no purchasing with Crowns (including Henchmen and Elixirs), no gifts, no KIFreegames awards, no PvP tickets, no Gardening awards, and NO Shared Bank.

C) You can't use Pets or Treasure Cards. The spells you cast are those you learn or train.

Good luck.

I was with you right up until the Starter Deck. I solo 95% of the time anyway, with any wizard I'm using. So this isn't new to me. But the starter deck? Sheesh, that would be a challenge. And one I may just give a whirl! :)

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
if you legendary wizards are as bad as you think you are
then this should be a breeze for you.

other wise you are all talk and no magic....

i wonder what Professor Ambrose thinks of this?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
hobi wrote:
if you legendary wizards are as bad as you think you are
then this should be a breeze for you.

other wise you are all talk and no magic....

i wonder what Professor Ambrose thinks of this?

That's my point. As far as the player complaining about not being able to garden, etc., that can be done on other wizards.

It was simple through Marleybone. I went on after that with a Life wizard. The big hangup was at the Jade Oni. I used 2 Life Prisms, Lifeblades, Spirit Blades, Feints, and Centaurs a Spirit Trap and a Life Trap, and 2 Satyrs for my 14 cards, plus two Guiding Light (40% heal boost) cards gotten from the Troll Ear pendant available at the Bazaar or in Marleybone. I had to get both Prisms on the Oni before it used a Death Shield, or it was start-over time. I also had to get a full set of 6 buffs/prism in place before using Centaur and the other set of buffs in place before using it again. Meanwhile, I had to stay alive. Sometimes the cards didn't come in the right order. Of course, there was almost always Weakness cast on me, and the wand spells weren't always available to knock them off. After many tries, I finally got past it. I'm now in Dragonspyre, and of course that's no cakewalk. I doubt it's possible to solo the Great Spyre with a starter deck, and I also doubt Celestia can be done this way.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
colagada wrote:

Here are the rules:

Good luck.

I've actually already done that with my Life wizard. It was two years or so ago, so pets weren't as powerful, gardening didn't exist, and I knew much less about the game.

I soloed everything, which wasn't easy, considering I didn't know what the bazaar was until I got to level 15. I used a starter deck the whole way through because, well, it worked. It was only till I actually took a successful attempt at Sunken City (sometime around level 30) that I realized I was doing something wrong.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
started and just finished your challenge, unless someone posted that they just finished ahead of this I win the honor contest

Explorer
Jan 22, 2011
Survivor
Aug 18, 2011
Haha! This sounds like my first few months of playing! I joined when the free games were being recoded, so didn't have access to the freebie rewards.

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
Witth the execption of the starter deck, that is how I leveled my first wizard. I do use the starter deck sometimes, but it's not my preferred deck.