Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does it do this?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 26, 2008
I am so sick of being matched against high rank players when I'm only a private. They are usually about my level, but they always have all these crowns items that help them win every match! Crowns items should be banned from PvP because they are so unfair! I am also tired of judgement! Even with all my health and resist at level 38, I'm no match for a level 28 balance wizard with crown items for easy 14-pip judgements. I think these matches should be matched more fairly. Almost everyone I face is 700+ rank And I'm in the 400s.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Alright, Crowns items aren't unfair, you just need to work on your skill ...

So, you have a two way problem. Your level, and your skill.

You should level up two levels, so that you can get better gear for PvP. One of the worst times to be doing PvP is when you're halfway to getting new gear and halfway from getting your old gear, because the stuff you have now is overrated. I could give you suggestions for what gear to get if i knew your school.

You should also work on your skill. A fourteen pip Judgement by a level 28 balance wizard gives you ten or so turns to prepare. (due to the existence of power pips) By then, you should have enough time to throw a Tower Shield out there to halve the damage, get an attack or two in, and heal immediately after. Repeat this process over and over again until the opponent is defeated. It's that easy.

And Crowns gear gets less and less effective the higher your level gets. By level 40, it isn't so spectacular.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
Mimzkat101 wrote:
Alright, Crowns items aren't unfair, you just need to work on your skill ...

So, you have a two way problem. Your level, and your skill.

You should level up two levels, so that you can get better gear for PvP. One of the worst times to be doing PvP is when you're halfway to getting new gear and halfway from getting your old gear, because the stuff you have now is overrated. I could give you suggestions for what gear to get if i knew your school.

You should also work on your skill. A fourteen pip Judgement by a level 28 balance wizard gives you ten or so turns to prepare. (due to the existence of power pips) By then, you should have enough time to throw a Tower Shield out there to halve the damage, get an attack or two in, and heal immediately after. Repeat this process over and over again until the opponent is defeated. It's that easy.

And Crowns gear gets less and less effective the higher your level gets. By level 40, it isn't so spectacular.

I have to disagree.

Not only Judgment, there is a question regarding insane bolt.
If storm wiz need only 2 pips fort that, and have all gears from crown shop, waterworks and hellepahant tower, hmm then you better flee, because its not possible to beat them. Not only that they dont fizzle at all any more with only part of waterworks gear but also very rarely damage them self's. Also like with judgment, the only thing that helps is tower shield, but comparing to judgment where you need a lot of pips for good attack damage, for insane bolt you need only 2 pips!I hope king isle will fix this because its starting to be very annoying.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
You complain about Judgement. It's just as overpowered as any other spell. As for crown gear? It's really a waste, and I'm positive you can beat them. If not, may I suggest buying the HeartSteel. It gives +5 resistance. It's cheap and effective. If your getting ranked against high ranked players, maybe you can team up with one. By the way, if you lose to a Captain and your only a Private, chances are your only going to lose 7- points.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
you are complaining about judgement and insane bolt when I've seen meteor can open with 2700 damage to all, once again I could care less if low level PvP players think a card they know little to nothing about how they play at mid to upper levels

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
seasnake wrote:
you are complaining about judgement and insane bolt when I've seen meteor can open with 2700 damage to all, once again I could care less if low level PvP players think a card they know little to nothing about how they play at mid to upper levels

I have fire wiz and yes Meteor can make such a damage, but only if you are playing with other people who will boost you in first round ( blades, traps, etc ) and then you MAY hit that powerful, but insane bolt is hitting 1200-1888 with out any boost in first round so meteor vs insane have no meaning in one vs one player duel. And I didn't complain regarding judgment, take a look I say I have to disagree cause there is lot worse things then Judgment that needs lots of pips to hit you hard.

Explorer
Aug 07, 2009
Seasnake, calm down. On every single pvp post, you always drone on and on about something. Must you always do this? It is becoming repetitious and annoying.

Jason 8)

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I don't think it's unfair, but I'm with you on the fact that they pair you up against high skill players at private sometimes.