Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minor Updates

AuthorMessage
Administrator
After the August 31st 3am to 6am downtime,
  • Teleporters can be placed in the Shared Bank, however doing so will clear any set destinations.
  • Grain Sacks in Grizzleheim are no longer erroneously labeled as Pegasus Chow.
  • Leaving Waterworks and changing realms will reset the entire dungeon, as intended.
  • The Crafted Violin will no longer constantly loop its music.

community@wizard101.com
Community Leader
Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
Are mega snacks still being dropped by the first boss at the Waterworks? It was heart breaking not to get them, after spending so much time and effort battling that first boss.

Alura Dreamweaver - Balance lvl 60

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
  • Teleporters can be placed in the Shared Bank, however doing so will clear any set destinations.
  • Leaving Waterworks and changing realms will reset the entire dungeon, as intended.

Crafted violin? where do you get the recipe for that?

Hunter LegendWraith level60 necromancer

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
Armiger
May 10, 2010

So, if you are defeated, or flee, and you are thrown back to the commons, if it changes realms, you will automatically have to start the whole dungeon over?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Also, can we get a confirmation, do Mega snacks no longer drop in waterworks? If so, why?

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
darthjt wrote:
So, if you are defeated, or flee, and you are thrown back to the commons, if it changes realms, you will automatically have to start the whole dungeon over?
huh? I thought it already did that. Oh, to the poster asking about the violins, the recipe for it is at the recipe vendor at Northguard in Grizzleheim. -eli and crew

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Very good question I was wondering that myself.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
darthjt wrote:

Not if you rejoin the instance on the same realm you entered it in.

Greyrose is referring to a loophole players were using to change realms to avoid repeating content in Waterworks.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
If Professor Greyrose or another Professor could answer this I would deeply appreciate it. On Central people are saying Luska no longer gives Mega Snacks or drops the Mastery Amulets. Have they been moved elsewhere? May I ask why they were removed? Rumors are rampant, I prefer facts. A person posted the Amulets are available in the Helephant Tower. Is that true?

Thanks so much for your time reading this.
Megan

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
What is that I 'hear'? First boss no longer drops Mega-snacks?

Honestly, I would not be surprised at that. Leave it to KI to screw players over knowing that they may gain an extra buck from the players.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
was it intentional for luska to stop dropping mega snacks? I have six legend wizards! wysteria was a let down...it is for lower levels. so im left with leveling pet...hate it! the mega snacks make it easier to swallow! now i dont mind going the long way to farm luska but what for if no mega snacks? I have been loyal to game and spent lots more then my monthly prescription. And now seem to need to find another game or something my boredom is complete!

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
izzi250 wrote:

Crafted violin? where do you get the recipe for that?

Hunter LegendWraith level60 necromancer

You get it from Grizzleheim, from the recipe seller in Northgaurd :D
Note: It costs a lot of money, and might be hard to craft for some wizards.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:
What is that I 'hear'? First boss no longer drops Mega-snacks?

Honestly, I would not be surprised at that. Leave it to KI to screw players over knowing that they may gain an extra buck from the players.

They reacted to players using an exploit in the game. From the knowledge base on this site.

An exploit happens when in game mechanics are used in a way they were not intended to be used. This is done for the purpose of gaining money, experience, or items in the game.

Players that use exploits are subject to punishment up to and including permanent suspension from Wizard101.

Why is it O.K. f or people to do things that cost KI potential income? In my house we call that stealing.

Megan

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009

They reacted to players using an exploit in the game. From the knowledge base on this site.

An exploit happens when in game mechanics are used in a way they were not intended to be used. This is done for the purpose of gaining money, experience, or items in the game.

Players that use exploits are subject to punishment up to and including permanent suspension from Wizard101.

Why is it O.K. f or people to do things that cost KI potential income? In my house we call that stealing.

Megan

So since people used a glitch in the game mechanics it is ok to punish all players including the ones who didn't use it?

Funny thing is there is this thing called TestRealm which is supposed to be used to flesh out such problems.

We pay for our accounts so there was a problem fix it, why add a punishment to all it's like paying to be grounded.

2nd . Mega snacks used to be able to be purchased at bazaar bring that back i mean if they wanna buy packs with crowns not use and sell at bazaar why not let them its not like there are gold sellers in this game as in others so there is no harm.

Personally did not use the glitch and many a time have had to start over if i had to flee by someone joining me at re-enter in that last second, WW is not worth it for a chance at a single mega snack drop off final boss which is not guaranteed. Not to mention lvl 60 gears you may get same piece over and over and not get one you need so takes alot of farming to get and the ever elusive Masterful amulet which are rare drops anyways.

But all said and done "This is not a Free to play online game" access requires payment items should drop in game not be held out for the people you can bilk out of even more money above their monthly subscription fee,
The crown shop is great many ppl dont have patience to do the ingame work to get the gears/items they want, but all items should drop in game since we all pay to play .

Thank you

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Same was done with the Gardening Glitch...

KI refuses to answer this, but why is it, that everyone has to pay for the sins of a few?

Not everyone uses glitches, yet, we are being punished as if we were...

Now, my suggestion is, give 2 mega snacks at Sylvester, that way, you can still farm for mega snacks, but you must complete waterworks to get them!

That would be fair, and still give Legendaries something to do!

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Same was done with the Gardening Glitch...

KI refuses to answer this, but why is it, that everyone has to pay for the sins of a few?

Not everyone uses glitches, yet, we are being punished as if we were...

Now, my suggestion is, give 2 mega snacks at Sylvester, that way, you can still farm for mega snacks, but you must complete waterworks to get them!

That would be fair, and still give Legendaries something to do!

I also will be doing much less of Water Works. Not worth 90 to 120 minutes (longer if with fewer than 4 or with text chatters) for a single mega snack. I can assure KI that changes like this will reduce my time on line and will NOT increase how much I spend on crowns. However, the idea above works for me, providing the chance for mastery amulets is also what it was originally.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
After some farming of my own, Waterworks now provides 1 mega snack after defeating Sylvester... Luska, no longer drops Mega snacks!

Nobody in Tower of Helephant drops Mega Snacks and the Tower of Helephant is even harder than Waterworks...

So, besides the badge, or to get the gear, if you decide to get the gear, these towers are not worth doing over and over again...

There is nothing left for Legendaries to do....

I still go with my recommendation, so that Legendaries will have something to do and not mind farming these dungeons... That is, to make them both drop 2 mega snacks after the final bosses... That way, the entire dungeon has to be done, and they are both worth doing...

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
Why not return the drops to Luska the way they were before the update.
Yes there was a glitch you fixed it, not everyone has the time to go to the final boss everytime

2nd. why not respond to all these posts since this a moderated forum ie.. all theses posts are read by someone before approved for posting.

Suggestion: Grow up KI and stop whining about how people took advantage of you inability to do your job, like a 3year sitting in a corner " there mean they took advantage of me, so i'll show everyone Mine Mine Mine, you cant have any !

There is exactly no point once you hit lvl 60 to play any longer since there is nothing to do What wait for a new world that takes 1 day to beat.

Without the ability to farm cool drops and the addition of new cool stuff there is no inspiration for anyone to lvl more than one mage.

I can assure you i will not buy any crowns until drops are replaced.

2nd sugesstion: add drops to Helephant tower only useful drops there are band and athame not worth repeating.

C'mon KI gives us lvl 60's a reason to stay.

Thank you

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Ayahc20 wrote:

Megan

So since people used a glitch in the game mechanics it is ok to punish all players including the ones who didn't use it?

Funny thing is there is this thing called TestRealm which is supposed to be used to flesh out such problems.

We pay for our accounts so there was a problem fix it, why add a punishment to all it's like paying to be grounded.

2nd . Mega snacks used to be able to be purchased at bazaar bring that back i mean if they wanna buy packs with crowns not use and sell at bazaar why not let them its not like there are gold sellers in this game as in others so there is no harm.

Personally did not use the glitch and many a time have had to start over if i had to flee by someone joining me at re-enter in that last second, WW is not worth it for a chance at a single mega snack drop off final boss which is not guaranteed. Not to mention lvl 60 gears you may get same piece over and over and not get one you need so takes alot of farming to get and the ever elusive Masterful amulet which are rare drops anyways.

But all said and done "This is not a Free to play online game" access requires payment items should drop in game not be held out for the people you can bilk out of even more money above their monthly subscription fee,
The crown shop is great many ppl dont have patience to do the ingame work to get the gears/items they want, but all items should drop in game since we all pay to play .

Thank you

I gather from wizard101central.com the snacks and amulets where removed while KI fixes Luska. I am hopeful they will return them to him at some point in the future.

I understand your feelings on everyone being punished. It is too bad when everyone is denied a great drop because of the actions of a few. My reaction to it is different than yours. That is just fine.

I really don't think it is possible to catch every single bug.

Mega snacks were made No Auction after the Infinite Harvest brouhaha. I get Megas from gardening and I believe they are available as drops. I like darthjt's idea of the final boss in the Waterworks dropping two. That seems like a great compromise and a nice reward.

Farming is a drag! It does not top my list of fun things to do at all. I have yet to get a complete set of Grand Gear for two of my gals. They are beyond it now. I crafted some great gear from Wintertusk for my Life. I don't think I will bother farming for the Level 60 gear. I suspect I will craft the Wintertusk gear for all my gals.

A lot of Crown Shop stuff does drop. I can only think of elixirs, henchmen, transformations, houses, mounts and the various packs that don't. Quite a bit is available by gold too. I do understand people wanting Crowns stuff and not having Crowns. But, truly one can play the game and never buy one item for Crowns. I think KI is very good about making the stuff available from other means.

Have fun around the Spiral.
Megan

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
LadyWolfPoet wrote:
Was it also intended that Luska no longer drops mega snacks?

Dont worry. I follow J. Todd Coleman on twitter and he said be patient. fixing that problem. So soon, luska will be dropping megs for what i have heard of

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, all I can say, about it is, there might be twitter, there might be Central, but I thought this was the Main and Official Message boards to the game...

Yet, we here, have heard no Official responce, or are told, if it was an accident, on purpose, or anything about waterworks and the mega snack drops...

Also, I would like to reemphasize, that Tower of the Helephant, may sometimes drop White Tiger Lilies, but, it does not drop anything promising or rewarding everytime to keep doing this dungeon...

Like I said, just give 2 mega snack drops to Sylvester, I would say 3 to the final boss in Tower of the Helephant, since that tower is harder...

Also, one final point... The bosses of these towers, resist their schools, except sylvester... Why? and why are converts considered traps now?

Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
ok i have been looking all over this message board for some help and i would like to know how do i sell one of my castles? please help

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
ok i have been looking all over this message board for some help and i would like to know how do i sell one of my castles? please help

I've sold a few houses belonging to some of my wizards. What you need to do is pick up all items you've placed in that home before you sell it. Then, you can go to one of the housing shops to seel you empty home. You won't get as much gold as you origionally spent for it though.
Good luck