Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Eyes of Judg(e)ment and Ashen Axe Wands

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Are these recipes supposed to offer no critical or block rating when crafted? I understand that they are "support" weapons in that they offer no "hit" cards but the weapons should offer the +30 critical rating as it is standard for the 55 or above level player from the celestia dropped weapons. The Snake Charmer Flute that was level 50 has a 40 block and a 20 crit rating and was free when I bought the new Mega Card.

Players would want to craft these if they were better critical and block than the Staff of Storm's Fury. Storm's Fury is a great weapon for a storm wizard and will be a lot of fun for me. I was just wondering about these wands because they offer the same benefit (+1 power pip) as a 45 level Dragonspire drop wand and the crit and block are important in any fight pvp or regular.

Charles Titanbreaker
Storm Legendary
Death Legendary
Life Legendary
Myth Legendary
Balance Soon to be Legendary
Ice Grandmaster

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Metzlerjc wrote:
Are these recipes supposed to offer no critical or block rating when crafted? I understand that they are "support" weapons in that they offer no "hit" cards but the weapons should offer the +30 critical rating as it is standard for the 55 or above level player from the celestia dropped weapons. The Snake Charmer Flute that was level 50 has a 40 block and a 20 crit rating and was free when I bought the new Mega Card. Players would want to craft these if they were better critical and block than the Staff of Storm's Fury. Storm's Fury is a great weapon for a storm wizard and will be a lot of fun for me. I was just wondering about these wands because they offer the same benefit (+1 power pip) as a 45 level Dragonspire drop wand and the crit and block are important in any fight pvp or regular. Charles Titanbreaker Storm Legendary Death Legendary Life Legendary Myth Legendary Balance Soon to be Legendary Ice Grandmaster
Since neither of these wands have any attack spells, i can understand why they have no critical attack rating. However, viewing these as more defensive wands, i am disappointed that they have no critical block. I do use the eyes of judgement wand a lot when i'm helping people in lower level areas, but really it's a dangerous venture to travel through wintertusk and celestia without either critical hit or block bonuses. I'd definitely petition for these to have critical block bonuses of at least 20%. Then again, i think it would also be nice if the healing crafted wand gave a critical life bonus. -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer, owner of all the wintertusk crafted wands

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I believe that is the intended tradeoff, given the fact that almost all those wands are giving you free untrained spells from another school (like equipping multiple "special" amulets.

All the wands that do give you critical block and attack only come with extremely low damage.

The general theme of Wizard101 is all about choices. Look at the Dragon's and Wyvern's Hoard packs. Each one comes with different sets of gear. One is healing based, another is attack based and the last is usually support based. You have to pick one set or mix and match a few. Grizzleheim and Wintertusk did the same thing with their "sets" too. I believe the Wintertusk wands are in the same theme.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
etherchaos wrote:
Since neither of these wands have any attack spells, i can understand why they have no critical attack rating. However, viewing these as more defensive wands, i am disappointed that they have no critical block. I do use the eyes of judgement wand a lot when i'm helping people in lower level areas, but really it's a dangerous venture to travel through wintertusk and celestia without either critical hit or block bonuses. I'd definitely petition for these to have critical block bonuses of at least 20%. Then again, i think it would also be nice if the healing crafted wand gave a critical life bonus. -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer, owner of all the wintertusk crafted wands

The crafted Wintertusk wands do come with critical block and attack. However, not all of them. Eyes of Judgement is the only one that doesn't come with any at all. Most come with some percentage of critical block, but only one I believe (Storm's Fury) comes with critical attack.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
kingurz wrote:
etherchaos wrote:
The crafted Wintertusk wands do come with critical block and attack. However, not all of them. Eyes of Judgement is the only one that doesn't come with any at all. Most come with some percentage of critical block, but only one I believe (Storm's Fury) comes with critical attack.
kingurz, i do appreciate the correction, however when i said 'neither' in my reply, that was referring to the 2 wands mentioned in the subject title. I wasn't lying when i said i had all of them. :) The ashen axe, as the OP stated, does not have a critical rating - attack or block- either. -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
etherchaos wrote:
kingurz, i do appreciate the correction, however when i said 'neither' in my reply, that was referring to the 2 wands mentioned in the subject title. I wasn't lying when i said i had all of them. :-) The ashen axe, as the OP stated, does not have a critical rating - attack or block- either. -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Well shoot !! Now I have just wasted the moderators time with a post that doesn't help

Hmmm that is strange, I wouldn't considered those two wands any more "supportative" than say the Hammer of Stone Sky, but I can certainly understand why the Doom Mace got 20 critical block !! (probably should have gotten a little extra something too)

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Metzlerjc wrote:
Are these recipes supposed to offer no critical or block rating when crafted? I understand that they are "support" weapons in that they offer no "hit" cards but the weapons should offer the +30 critical rating as it is standard for the 55 or above level player from the celestia dropped weapons. The Snake Charmer Flute that was level 50 has a 40 block and a 20 crit rating and was free when I bought the new Mega Card.

Players would want to craft these if they were better critical and block than the Staff of Storm's Fury. Storm's Fury is a great weapon for a storm wizard and will be a lot of fun for me. I was just wondering about these wands because they offer the same benefit (+1 power pip) as a 45 level Dragonspire drop wand and the crit and block are important in any fight pvp or regular.

Charles Titanbreaker
Storm Legendary
Death Legendary
Life Legendary
Myth Legendary
Balance Soon to be Legendary
Ice Grandmaster

Actually, you should mainly focus on critical BLOCK for pvp and the new world of Wintertusk. Most bosses of Wintertusk can critical, and your main priority would be to block it, right? Same with PvP. Many player can critical, And block (block also goes with bosses of wintertusk) So critical would be useless. You CAN live without hitting a critical. You CANNOT (or might not) live if you keep taking the criticals. So, remember: Mainly focus on block, it's your main priority,
If you have some room for critical, TAKE IT! :D

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
this guy storm school 99 knows better to block than to focus on crit uless your storm then you focus on both storms boots are kinda bad from ww so i would suggest ninja pig feet to add block rating and the crowns shop wand if you can get it as a drop from wt final dungeon or ww