Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Umbra sword or blue raptor?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
I recently won the umbra sword of wizardblox and I have a level seven wizard who could use it. It gives me five major chill death cards (75 damage). My current wand, my blue raptor, gives me three heiorchits (I know I spelled it wrong), ninety damage each. Which one is more worth it?

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Aelita987 wrote:
I recently won the umbra sword of wizardblox and I have a level seven wizard who could use it. It gives me five major chill death cards (75 damage). My current wand, my blue raptor, gives me three heiorchits (I know I spelled it wrong), ninety damage each. Which one is more worth it?
Do either of them start you out with an extra pip? If not, i'd stick with the blue raptor. It does more damage plus, in my opinion, having fewer wand spells is actually better for increasing your chances of drawing your stronger spells. -eli and crew

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
keep the one you like than as you level up just stitch new stats to it

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
etherchaos wrote:
Aelita987 wrote:
Do either of them start you out with an extra pip? If not, i'd stick with the blue raptor. It does more damage plus, in my opinion, having fewer wand spells is actually better for increasing your chances of drawing your stronger spells. -eli and crew
I didnt notice

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
codastar wrote:
etherchaos wrote:
Aelita987 wrote:
I didnt notice

Until critical block and critical attack come into the picture, that is probably the most important decision for a wand. Some even come with an extra power pip!!

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Keep the blue rapitor until it comes time for a myth mage. They will just resist the heroic hit and not resist death damage. No need to worry about this until colossus blvd and krokotopia