Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How exactly is Morganthe pronounced?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 25, 2011
I always thought it was more-GHEN-thee or more-GHAN-thay, but I don't know if that's right....

Sophia AshHeart
Level 51 Balance

P.S. I almost never play with sound, just in case that helps.

Champion
May 03, 2011
I think they do say the name on the TV commercial, but I haven't seen it so I can't say how it's pronounced there. When I hear it in my head, it usually has the accent on the second syllable, with a faint "ah" at the end, the way final "e's are pronounced in German. So, it would be something like "Mor-GAN-thuh." But I'm not sure...and it seems no one else is, either, since no one has come forward with a good answer to your question! :-)

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Historian
May 28, 2009
Survivor
May 14, 2010
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
If you view the Celestia commercial from Kingsisle, it tells you exactly how it is pronounced. See the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/user/KingsIsle#p/u/11/WMGpkmejbcc

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
I always thought it was MOR-ganth, but now I think it is mor-GANTH.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
i just watched the commericla this is how it is mor- gan-th

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
cookiejar42 wrote:
I always thought it was more-GHEN-thee or more-GHAN-thay, but I don't know if that's right....

Sophia AshHeart
Level 51 Balance

P.S. I almost never play with sound, just in case that helps.

Morganthe is pronouced MORE-GANTH. But I don't really care if I pronounce words the way I say it because it's just how I am. So it doesn't really matter.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2010
As a Dutch speaking citizen, I pronounce it 'Moor-Gain-The', with a rolled R and phlegmy G.