Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet talents...

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
So why do all my pets get useless battle skills like life proof? It isn't even a powerful resistance boost. Just 2% and will be 4% at epic. I hatched a forest lord with a sea dragon and it has 3 possible epic talents but it isn't getting any of them! This is what discourages me to keep playing. Because everything on this game is by CHANCE and LUCK. I am not playing the game to learn how to gamble. I am playing cause I want to have a fun time. Not a boring, sad, discouraging time.

Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
Well i have to say, pets get most of their parent's talents, I learned that from experience, so your not likely to get those epic talents. But I strongly agree with you that this game does too much with luck, I think we should at least control everything our pet gets, looks like, and stats it gets. I know you you'll agree with me. Like maybe it could have a selection screen where you select your pets talents that it will get when it lvls up, which stats it will get,
and the pet it becomes.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2011
as long as your pet gets the power sprited your good XD. oh and btw my sea dragon at ancient gives 8 resitance to all schools

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
When you hatch a pet you will get talents that the parent pets had. So if the parents didn't have any of the epic traits the new pet won't have them.

Hatching and training pets takes forever if you are trying for a certain set of traits. And because it is all random the odds are against you if you are trying for 2 specific traits from both of the pets. After many hatchings my goals are simply looking for Spritely plus 3 other talents that I consider helpful.

If you don't enjoy hatching and training pets, then find something you do enjoy. I like having pets that are useful and am willing to spend a small amount of my time getting what I consider a decent pet.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2010
I would love it if KI would allow us to win or purchase gear for our pets to improve their abilities. Being able to increase pip chance, school punch, increase sprite spell, and shield power would be awesome. Plus having a hat, collar, boots or something else would dress up our pets. :D

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
bravevline wrote:
So why do all my pets get useless battle skills like life proof? It isn't even a powerful resistance boost. Just 2% and will be 4% at epic. I hatched a forest lord with a sea dragon and it has 3 possible epic talents but it isn't getting any of them! This is what discourages me to keep playing. Because everything on this game is by CHANCE and LUCK. I am not playing the game to learn how to gamble. I am playing cause I want to have a fun time. Not a boring, sad, discouraging time.
Your best bet is to hatch with a pet that has already developed the talents you are looking for. Plus, the amount of resistance your life proof talent doesn't have anything to do with the pet's age, it increases when you train your pet and increase it's strength, agility, and power. -eli and crew

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
GamingDan wrote:
When you hatch a pet you will get talents that the parent pets had. So if the parents didn't have any of the epic traits the new pet won't have them.

Hatching and training pets takes forever if you are trying for a certain set of traits. And because it is all random the odds are against you if you are trying for 2 specific traits from both of the pets. After many hatchings my goals are simply looking for Spritely plus 3 other talents that I consider helpful.

If you don't enjoy hatching and training pets, then find something you do enjoy. I like having pets that are useful and am willing to spend a small amount of my time getting what I consider a decent pet.
well said.. My perfect fire pet took me 20 hatches to make. It was a long process but well worth the process when it finally hatched :) not everything in this world is easy, persistence pays off and some things require focus to obtain.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
emilo wrote:
Well i have to say, pets get most of their parent's talents, I learned that from experience, so your not likely to get those epic talents. But I strongly agree with you that this game does too much with luck, I think we should at least control everything our pet gets, looks like, and stats it gets. I know you you'll agree with me. Like maybe it could have a selection screen where you select your pets talents that it will get when it lvls up, which stats it will get,
and the pet it becomes.
No, I checked the new pet's talents. There are 3 possible epic talents it can get. Not the parent, the new pet.