Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Putting My Deck on a Diet

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 25, 2011
kingurz wrote:
Good advice, but in addition to slimmed down decks you also need multiple decks for different situations. The reason you kept creeping in extra cards was because you encountered certain duels that needed certain cards. My advice is to keep multiple decks for certain situations, but keep those decks very low on the number of cards. My personal decks include: solo deck (heal/survive heavy, usually for long boss fights), AOE deck (primary for street fights), Conversion deck (for fighting the same enemies as your school) and Special deck (for cheating bosses, so I don't keep messing up my other decks).

I've only got two decks. One for my regular street battles (shields, blades, mostly damage spells, heals) and one for fighting balance creatures (nothing but death spells, hydra, and spectral blast so as not to provoke resistances.)

I'd trim down my decks like you say, but you can only put so many reshuffles in a deck...

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
cookiejar42 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
Good advice, but in addition to slimmed down decks you also need multiple decks for different situations. The reason you kept creeping in extra cards was because you encountered certain duels that needed certain cards. My advice is to keep multiple decks for certain situations, but keep those decks very low on the number of cards. My personal decks include: solo deck (heal/survive heavy, usually for long boss fights), AOE deck (primary for street fights), Conversion deck (for fighting the same enemies as your school) and Special deck (for cheating bosses, so I don't keep messing up my other decks).
I've only got two decks. One for my regular street battles (shields, blades, mostly damage spells, heals) and one for fighting balance creatures (nothing but death spells, hydra, and spectral blast so as not to provoke resistances.) I'd trim down my decks like you say, but you can only put so many reshuffles in a deck...
Reshuffle reshuffles itself into the deck. Why would you need more than one? -corwin sandstalker, legendary sorcerer

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
etherchaos wrote:
Reshuffle reshuffles itself into the deck. Why would you need more than one? -corwin sandstalker, legendary sorcerer

The only time I can think of where you need more than one is in the case of a balance dispel.