Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Randolf is too hard!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
Hello! It's Brivid here and one of my quests is to defeat Randolf. I found a problem with him, which isn't the shattering spell. I found out that he is cheating by the following:

• He is able to use the Vampire spell with only One pip. I checked after he defeated me and it is indeed four pips to cast the spell. I found it very unfair because it should only be allowed if you have enough pips and Randolf is able to cast it with only one pip.

• Randolf also is allowed to cast three spells. The shatter, vampire, and some third spell he decides. That's what defeats me every time. He is able to cast three spells and cheats with the vampire and pips.
Does anyone else have that problem with Randolf? I'm also an experienced Wizard but my level is thirty. [Actually twenty nine, I barely have anything left to go until I'm level thirty].

~Fallon Waterhaven

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Brivid on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
Hello! It's Brivid here and one of my quests is to defeat Randolf. I found a problem with him, which isn't the shattering spell. I found out that he is cheating by the following:

• He is able to use the Vampire spell with only One pip. I checked after he defeated me and it is indeed four pips to cast the spell. I found it very unfair because it should only be allowed if you have enough pips and Randolf is able to cast it with only one pip.

• Randolf also is allowed to cast three spells. The shatter, vampire, and some third spell he decides. That's what defeats me every time. He is able to cast three spells and cheats with the vampire and pips.
Does anyone else have that problem with Randolf? I'm also an experienced Wizard but my level is thirty. [Actually twenty nine, I barely have anything left to go until I'm level thirty].

~Fallon Waterhaven
Yes, this has been posted many times.
Randolph can be defeated by simple planning. One or two hits only; use traps and blades.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
RavenLady777 on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:
Yes, this has been posted many times.
Randolph can be defeated by simple planning. One or two hits only; use traps and blades.
Traps?

Survivor
May 21, 2010
Omg.I cant belive how many peole have said that randolf is hard for a lvl 36 character. I beat him with a lvl 27 MYTH character eAsily and no tc or henchmen. It seems like now a days most people have to use tc to play. I have soloed the whole game with a myth and never used tc or henchmen. People just need to think about their deck more and STOP relying on tc. I dont have crowns either so i cant buy super amazing gear. It was just regular gear nothing that special. You dont NEED storm spells.i beat him with 2 converts and 2 cyclops thats it. Put more thought into your deck dont just rely on power alone have a strategy set when you first start a duel and use the first tuens to think about the strategy. A lot of people arent thinking as much as people used to an they use tc to fix everything. This doesnt apply to everyone just people that think you have to buy henchmen or tc EVERY SINGLE FIGHT!

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
Brivid on Dec 23, 2012 wrote:

~Fallon Waterhaven
I understand completely what you are saying. He was doing that to me. Here are some good advice:

1. Get a hole bunch of gold from quests and selling equipment
2. Go to the library (any world whose library sells treasure cards ), the bazaar, or any other place that sells treasure cards.
3. Go to the section that storm is in ( he will boost storm)
4. Buy the ones that do lots if damage that you can afford.

Or you can just ask your friends for storm treasure cards.
5. Put them in your deck and battle away!

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
Don't use shields. One of his cheat spells removes shields.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
Brivid on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
Traps?
Traps are the spiky Wards that boost damage of the type of trap. The trap activates when you use the same type (except for hex, that works with any type including balance) of magic attack spell as the trap. Traps are put on one foe (some spells that attack and put a trap on a foe or some trap put one on all foes make an exception to this rule) and will boost damage on that foe and that foe only. Let's say you put a trap on the enemy on the dagger circle but you attack with the same type of magic on the foe on the key circle. It won't do boost damage and the foe with the trap keeps the trap. That concludes my explanation of traps!

~Cameron LegendCrafter
Level 31 Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
Paige Fairydreamer on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
I understand completely what you are saying. He was doing that to me. Here are some good advice:

1. Get a hole bunch of gold from quests and selling equipment
2. Go to the library (any world whose library sells treasure cards ), the bazaar, or any other place that sells treasure cards.
3. Go to the section that storm is in ( he will boost storm)
4. Buy the ones that do lots if damage that you can afford.

Or you can just ask your friends for storm treasure cards.
5. Put them in your deck and battle away!
Okay and thank you!

Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
The Cool Cam on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
Traps are the spiky Wards that boost damage of the type of trap. The trap activates when you use the same type (except for hex, that works with any type including balance) of magic attack spell as the trap. Traps are put on one foe (some spells that attack and put a trap on a foe or some trap put one on all foes make an exception to this rule) and will boost damage on that foe and that foe only. Let's say you put a trap on the enemy on the dagger circle but you attack with the same type of magic on the foe on the key circle. It won't do boost damage and the foe with the trap keeps the trap. That concludes my explanation of traps!

~Cameron LegendCrafter
Level 31 Pyromancer
Thank you!

Survivor
May 03, 2012
Limwenna on Jul 18, 2012 wrote:
So I'm scanning through the Wysteria forums and I realize most people are complaining how hard Randolf is. Personally, I had no problem with him, but I realize others may be. So I'm putting together a little help-thingermajiggy for you all to read.

Randolf likes the spell Vampire, and the spell Shatter. Shatter takes off all your shields. He casts shatter every other round. So if he casts it one round, your next round you can shield. The big thing with him is having patience and waiting until he doesn't shatter.
If he goes first, you can have him shatter you first then put a shield on. Next turn, you can attack.
If you're going first, stack up with traps and blades. Do not use a wand spell on him! Let him shatter you, cast a shield, then use the free turn to attack. You should be able to one-hit him.
Remember, if you attack him without a shield he hits you with Vampire.
...I hope this helps some of you!
i defeet him by myself XD

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
I did this on my first try alone without treasure cards
Do you guys really have problems?? I was level 29...

Jonathan Frogheart - Ice wizard
Tactic is the key

Explorer
Sep 01, 2012
I actually found chester droors ( Or as i call him cheddar drawers) much, much harder. Is this just me or...?Sabrina MistCloud level 41 Mythicals

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
SabrinaMisty on Jan 19, 2013 wrote:
I actually found chester droors ( Or as i call him cheddar drawers) much, much harder. Is this just me or...?Sabrina MistCloud level 41 Mythicals
Nope, not just you. :) I don't find Randolph much of a challenge at all, but Chester... yeah.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2012
Randolf is too easy!!!!!!!!!!!! They keep on saying "You won't last long without shields!", but I don't use any and I beat him on my first try before I got my Fire Elemental.

"If you can go all the way, why can't I?"
Sean EarthSong, Lvl 32 Pyromancer A+ Student

Survivor
Nov 07, 2012
i think randolf was way harder

Survivor
Jul 19, 2012
i soloed him at my first try just myth blade elemental blade and cyclops or if you high enough lvl minotaur (i was lvl 29 at that time)

Survivor
Feb 22, 2012
Randolf is soooooo easy. All you have to do is not put on sheilds. If you do put on one that doesnt matter as long as it has no use to you.

Destiny ShadowGlade level 30

Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
nniihariikaa on Aug 23, 2011 wrote:
ok so today i finally got to face randolf and he beat me like 20 times because he keeps cheating!!! but i noticed a pattern on how he does spells first he removes ur shield and then he skips ur turn, attacks, and then when u think ur gonna beat him with lightning bats or something he does buff vampire and u end up beaten it frustrates me . Reply if u have the same problem!

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 31
marleybone
Your strategy is not right, usually using shields and blades, with traps. And use heal spells!

Survivor
Feb 25, 2013
I beat Randolf without any minions or anything, but it probably took me at least ten tries. Basically, I created a rule for myself: heal whenever you have at least 250-300 health down! If you think you can go one more round before you need to heal, that's probably not a good idea, because he can take out most of your health in a single spell.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2012
ok so today i finally got to face randolf and he beat me like 20 times because he keeps cheating!!! but i noticed a pattern on how he does spells first he removes ur shield and then he skips ur turn, attacks, and then when u think ur gonna beat him with lightning bats or something he does buff vampire and u end up beaten it frustrates me . Reply if u have the same problem!

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 31
marleybone
I'm having the same problem, too. I'm Christina life on level 34, life school mostly in marleybone.
-just saying

Survivor
May 05, 2012
Here's a tip, what i did was that i used a fire blade and then used a firezilla treasure card.(That is for fire school only, i forgot to mention). If you aren't fire school, try something like that.

Blaze Wildbreaker,
Legendary pyromancer
Level 68

Survivor
May 05, 2012
kevinstormsword693 on Jan 8, 2013 wrote:
i defeet him by myself XD
me too, he was kinda easy

Defender
Jun 18, 2012

Sophia Dawnbreeze
Magus ice
level 31
marleybone
LOL, I killed him in about 3 min. I killed him with the firezilla (just like I did with the mooshu student there). Chester doors is hard. I killed him finally with a storm wizard with me.

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
He's easy! I defeated him no problem! All you need to do is kill him in one spell, and you done. The reason you have to do one spell only is because when your fighting him and you use a spell that doesn't kill him, he'll heal himself with Vampire. I suggest you use your highest ranked spell (obviously) and you use many blades and traps while doing it. Then you can take him down no problem. All you have to do is use those times he makes you pass so that you can gain pips/power pips so that you can use a good spell.

Brandon SoulThief
Level 56
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Apr 29, 2013
On my old fire wizard level 30 about i think i beat him with no problem (May have took me 2-3 tries) Although earlier today my friend was asking me for help he told me about randolf i didnt think he was that hard on my myth or fire wizard hm its weird because everyones saying its hard now and its solo only so i cant help him