Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Decks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
Something I have been wondering about; is there a advantage to having to haveing a class specific deck (storm, ice, life, etc.) compared to one that all can use? For example I can find a level 30lv ice deck but compared to a lv30 spiral deck the spiral seems to be better in everyway. Is there a advantage that is not listed?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Usually, the school specific decks will allow you to have more of that school cards in the deck. Not total cards, but more versions of a school specific spell. Example: All school decks may give you up to four slots of cards for Tempest, however, a storm deck will give five or six Tempest card slots. I find the school decks particularly useful against same school enemies since I can pack more prisms in a deck than possible in a non-school deck.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The main advantage is that you can put more cards of your school in the school-specific deck. Most decks only allow 3 or 4 of a non-school card and allow up to 7 of a school card. Of course, you can put as many whatever cards you want in the sideboard as it will hold.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
foxtrump wrote:
Something I have been wondering about; is there a advantage to having to haveing a class specific deck (storm, ice, life, etc.) compared to one that all can use? For example I can find a level 30lv ice deck but compared to a lv30 spiral deck the spiral seems to be better in everyway. Is there a advantage that is not listed?
There are no hidden advantages, only psychological ones. If you're not fully confident with your deck making skills, though, i'd recommend getting the deck of chivalry (level 20+ deck, but is exactly the same as mugsy's deck of ice) over getting a deck of the lotus. The deck of the lotus looks great, because it holds 50 cards, but, if you fill it up completely, you're greatly reducing your chances of drawing the cards that you really need. -eli and crew

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
colagada wrote:
The main advantage is that you can put more cards of your school in the school-specific deck. Most decks only allow 3 or 4 of a non-school card and allow up to 7 of a school card. Of course, you can put as many whatever cards you want in the sideboard as it will hold.

What Colagada said.
I use Regular decks because I'm both fire and life, and I dont use that much fire dragons. How ever, in pvp I use my school fire deck because it lets me get my attacks and boosts quicker. So the regular decks and school decks are both even! :-)