Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Ideas

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
Once beating Dragonspyre, you should get 2 new spells, yes, 2.

The first one, is generic: Change next [School attack] to [opposite school attack].

Or, something along those lines. The difference is, it is a blade, and will cost 1 pip. For balance, Change next Balance attack to random, life/death/myth attack.

When I say attack, I am talking about the fist sign, and same with when I say school, the school sign.

The other spells...

Ice: Tower Shield Pro, -50% to next attack to all friends x2. 3 pips. (yes, 50%) (placed as tower shield, no stacking.)
Fire: Fire Conviction, +10% fire accuracy. 0 pips.
Storm: Resurge, Heal 70 and 930 over 3 rounds. 4 pips. (yes, it is a heal spell from storm. Diviner's can time travel, which most of the time would be use to save something, so, this is saving you.)
Life: Theurgist's Blades, +50% to next life attack, and plus 40% to next heal. 1 pip. (yes, those amounts)
Myth: Shield Negater, Negate next shield spell used. 1 pip.
Death: Night Blade, +35% to next steal health spell. 0 pips.
Balance: Mander Blade, +30% attack to next balance attack spell.
Mander Trap, +25% to next balance attack.
Yes, balance gets 3, it always gets more spells. 4 more from krok, 1 more from collosus, (1 less from fairegrounds), 1/2 more from wizard city (cant remember)... Seems fit that they would get more now aswell. And maybe get rid of the trap, maybe that could be something you get for finishing the next level increaser world after celestia.

Now, you may be asking why did you make these spells so unfair in usefullness?

Well, fire and myth are usually the top winners in pvp.
Ice, Balance, and death, are in the middle.
Life and Storm, are always the worst. This will help level the playing field out.

(If you don't believe me, look on wizard101central.com, from their tournaments this is what happens.)

Other Storm Spell option, Time Destortion: Next time you will die from an attack, take away 700 damage from that spell. (And yes, it could technically heal you.) 3 pips. (Can not cast any other version of that spell until the first one is used.) this isn't that good... i think the other spell idea should be the one used.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:
Ice: Tower Shield Pro, -50% to next attack to all friends x2. 3 pips. (yes, 50%) (placed as tower shield, no stacking.)

Okay, I'm confused. Is this supposed to cast a Tower Shield on all allies (if so, that's Legion Shield), or is it supposed to cast two Tower Shields on all allies (if so, that spell's too strong for a Lvl. 48-50 Thaumaturge in my opinion)?

Uh, why? Fire has pretty good accuracy. It wouldn't make sense for them to have a spell that enhances accuracy when their medium is just the opposite.

Storm: Resurge, Heal 70 and 930 over 3 rounds. 4 pips. (yes, it is a heal spell from storm. Diviner's can time travel, which most of the time would be use to save something, so, this is saving you.)

What?! How does this spell make any sense?

Life: Theurgist's Blades, +50% to next life attack, and plus 40% to next heal. 1 pip. (yes, those amounts)

When casting two or more charms/wards at once, they get weaker, not stronger. Casting a Guiding Light and a Life Blade would mean they would be +25% to next outgoing healing spell and +35% to next outgoing attack spell respectively. Even this would cost 2-3 pips, not 1. Also, I'm not a fan of the name. What about Light and Shadow?

I'm sorry, but this confuses me as well. Does it remove a shield as soon as it's cast, or is it like my Battering Ram and it renders a shield useless against an attack affected by this spell?

I'd rather have a spell that enhances the amount of health I steal from a target, not a steal health spell-specific blade.

Yes, balance gets 3, it always gets more spells. 4 more from krok, 1 more from collosus, (1 less from fairegrounds), 1/2 more from wizard city (cant remember)... Seems fit that they would get more now aswell. And maybe get rid of the trap, maybe that could be something you get for finishing the next level increaser world after celestia.

That's a terrible way to justify this. First, the four spells I got in Krokotopia are available to everyone. Second, I got the same amount of spells everyone else gets in Wizard City; I just got different spells. Lastly, I don't need a Balance-specific blade and trap. i need a shield.

Other Storm Spell option, Time Destortion: Next time you will die from an attack, take away 700 damage from that spell. (And yes, it could technically heal you.) 3 pips. (Can not cast any other version of that spell until the first one is used.) this isn't that good... i think the other spell idea should be the one used.

Huh?

Final Thoughts:

Life and Storm, are always the worst. This will help level the playing field out.

(If you don't believe me, look on wizard101central.com, from their tournaments this is what happens.)

This right here makes all your ideas irrelevant to me. When thinking up spell ideas, you keep PvP in the back of your mind. You don't make spell ideas that are solely based on PvP statistics.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:

Okay, I'm confused. Is this supposed to cast a Tower Shield on all allies (if so, that's Legion Shield), or is it supposed to cast two Tower Shields on all allies (if so, that spell's too strong for a Lvl. 48-50 Thaumaturge in my opinion)?

yes, it casts 2 tower shields on all friends.

Uh, why? Fire has pretty good accuracy. It wouldn't make sense for them to have a spell that enhances accuracy when their medium is just the opposite.
BECAUSE, i am leveling out the playing field. And no, 75%, is not that great.

What?! How does this spell make any sense? ... Dude, just look up the meaning of diviner, then it will all make some sence to you.

When casting two or more charms/wards at once, they get weaker, not stronger. Casting a Guiding Light and a Life Blade would mean they would be +25% to next outgoing healing spell and +35% to next outgoing attack spell respectively. Even this would cost 2-3 pips, not 1. Also, I'm not a fan of the name. What about Light and Shadow?

... normal thing is 40% for heal, 40% for attack...
35% fire = normal
35% ice = 5% less than normal
35% storm = 5% more than normal

so lets say, blade x3 for 1 pip instead of 0 pip 3 turns individually.

2 blades, +10%, would also make sence to be only 1 pip.

I'm sorry, but this cunfuses me as well? Does it remove a shield as soon as it's cast, or is it like my Battering Ram and it renders a shield useless against a spell affected by it?

The next shield spell used by your opponent will not count (any shield spell), they would not lose pips if it cost any, but, they would also not know the effect of the spell, so that way they can think around what shield they put down. that way its fair still

I'd rather have a spell that enhances the amount of health I steal from a target, not a steal health spell-specific blade. well, if you do 35% more damage, you will also heal 35% more... USE YOUR BRAIN please

That's a terrible way to justify this. First, the four spells I got in Krokotopia are available to everyone. Second, I got the same amount of spells everyone else gets in Wizard City; I just got different spells. Lastly, I don't need a Balance-specific blade and trap. i need a shield.

yes, they are... but you get +1 from reshuffle, +1 from elemental trap, +4 from krokotopia (others have to use training points, and they dont get 6 spells for there school bonus, and storm actually gets -1)

Huh?

yeah... that idea is pretty stupid, i highly doubt it would even be considered, just forget about it.

Final Thoughts:

This right here makes all your ideas irrelevant to me. When thinking up spell ideas, you keep PvP in the back of your mind. You don't make spell ideas that are solely based on PvP statistics.

Noo, no it doesn't. ANYONE can beat a boss by themselves. I have beaten waterworks solo on 4 of my wizards. (fire and life are not level 60 with best stuff yet, and i have no myth wizard)

that doesnt determine which is better, go to pvp, and the opponent is much harder, and then you will lose frequently. thats the only REAL place where you know if your school is better than the other.

(I have only tried to beat helephant tower with my ice guy so far, he was able to do it, BARELY, he went under 100 health about 10 times, and it took a while too, had to use reshuffle once it was so long. and ontop of that it took me 7 tries, not 2/3 like with waterworks.)

and yes, i should probably change the ice spell.

How about... +20% resist for next 4 incoming attack spells (including all rounds/2nd shots), 2 pips.

does that sound better?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:
yes, it casts 2 tower shields on all friends. How about... +20% resist for next 4 incoming attack spells (including all rounds/2nd shots), 2 pips. does that sound better?

That sounds more like a Star spell than an Ice spell.

This is why people say the schools are too similar. By the way, I didn't say 'great'; I said "good". Learn how to read.

... Dude, just look up the meaning of diviner, then it will all make some sence to you.

Dude, look up 'Thaumaturge', 'Theurgist', 'Conjurer', and 'Sorcerer'. You'll see their definitions are nothing like their respective schools.

35% fire = normal

What is this? This makes no sense.

The next shield spell used by your opponent will not count (any shield spell), they would not lose pips if it cost any, but, they would also not know the effect of the spell, so that way they can think around what shield they put down. that way its fair still

I'm still not sure if I get it. A spell's function should be able to be explained clearly in one sentence.

well, if you do 35% more damage, you will also heal 35% more... USE YOUR BRAIN please

Please excuse me; I meant, "I'd rather have a spell that just enhances the amount of health I steal from a target, not a steal health spell-specific blade." The former would definitely make sense as a Death spell and be very useful, whereas the latter would only be useful in certain situations.

yes, they are... but you get +1 from reshuffle, +1 from elemental trap, +4 from krokotopia (others have to use training points, and they dont get 6 spells for there school bonus, and storm actually gets -1)

We get "more" spells for specific reasons, not just because. Anyway, what does it matter? Either way, we still don't need school-specific traps and blades.

Noo, no it doesn't. ANYONE can beat a boss by themselves. I have beaten waterworks solo on 4 of my wizards. (fire and life are not level 60 with best stuff yet, and i have no myth wizard)

that doesnt determine which is better, go to pvp, and the opponent is much harder, and then you will lose frequently. thats the only REAL place where you know if your school is better than the other.

(I have only tried to beat helephant tower with my ice guy so far, he was able to do it, BARELY, he went under 100 health about 10 times, and it took a while too, had to use reshuffle once it was so long. and ontop of that it took me 7 tries, not 2/3 like with waterworks.)

Wow...you are so wrong, it's unreal. Just because a Conjurer defeats a Thaumaturge in PvP, that does not mean in any way that Myth > Ice. PvP is not the decider of which school is the best; it decides which player is the best. It's not spells; it's strategy. Plus, what does it matter?! Why does it matter who's the "best"? It doesn't, so you need to sit your adversarial behind down. Like I said, PvP should come into account when thinking up spell ideas (as so aptly proved by Wild Bolt), but PvP should not be the main focus. It's stuff like this that makes me wish Wizard101 never created PvP in the first place.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
you sir, are the biggest fool i have ever read

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:
yes, it casts 2 tower shields on all friends. How about... +20% resist for next 4 incoming attack spells (including all rounds/2nd shots), 2 pips. does that sound better?

That sounds more like a Star spell than an Ice spell. Ice is about resist, it helps you resist. It's like a level 25 fire version for ice, but at the end of dragonspyre. I dont here you critisizing that spell now do I?

This is why people say the schools are too similar. By the way, I didn't say 'great'; I said "good". Learn how to read... not that great =/= less than good, so that doesnt even matter still

... Dude, just look up the meaning of diviner, then it will all make some sence to you.

Dude, look up 'Thaumaturge', 'Theurgist', 'Conjurer', and 'Sorcerer'. You'll see their definitions are nothing like their respective schools.

so? pyromancer makes complete sence, why not make some of these spells make a little sence eh? other than just fire? -_-

35% fire = normal

What is this? This makes no sense.

Let me simplify it... 35+35+35=105% attack boost in one pip, the life thing is only 90% in one attack, perfectly fine.

I'm still not sure if I get it. A spell's function should be able to be explained clearly in one sentence.

That's only because you don't know what negate means.

well, if you do 35% more damage, you will also heal 35% more... USE YOUR BRAIN please

Please excuse me; I meant, "I'd rather have a spell that just enhances the amount of health I steal from a target, not a steal health spell-specific blade." The former would definitely make sense as a Death spell and be very useful, whereas the latter would only be useful in certain situations.

So why are you in favor of a spell less useful?

We get "more" spells for specific reasons, not just because. Anyway, what does it matter? Either way, we still don't need school-specific traps and blades.

I didnt say there was no reason. And I guess I can agree with you on that. Changing spell: +25% to next attack on all enemies. 1 pip.

Better?

Wow...you are so wrong, it's unreal. Just because a Conjurer defeats a Thaumaturge in PvP, that does not mean in any way that Myth > Ice. PvP is not the decider of which school is the best; it decides which player is the best. It's not spells; it's strategy. Plus, what does it matter?! Why does it matter who's the "best"? It doesn't, so you need to sit your adversarial behind down. Like I said, PvP should come into account when thinking up spell ideas (as so aptly proved by Wild Bolt), but PvP should not be the main focus. It's stuff like this that makes me wish Wizard101 never created PvP in the first place.

dude, like I said ANYONE, can beat a boss. And not necesarily, at wizard101central.com, life loses because of mastery amulets, and they have low attacks... not that good because of mastery amulet.

And storm, only allowed 2 bolts. Plus, it has outrageously low health.

Fire, wins because of messed up efreet spell.... 895 damage, 125 more than the myth, AND a -90%.... Wizard101 should have rethoguht that, they do super damage and then take back no damage because of it. That is one big reason why fire is better.

Myth, is able to get rid of shields. So, they pretty much can just attack and not worry about shields. Plus, with the talos minion... yeah, main reasons why they are better too.

Again, next time, THINK before you post. People like you I wish weren't allowed on wizard101.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Uh, just suggesting here, but I think this post should be closed because both of you are being very mean to each other. Also, I have heard both of you be mean in almost all of your posts, except for your own of course, but maybe you should cool it down a bit and not be so negative ALL the time.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
You know what? Forget it. I didn't come here to get insulted; I came here to give my honest constructive criticism on your ideas. However, I now realize I might as well be talking to a wall. You obviously think I have no idea what I'm talking about and that you know everything there is to know about Wizard101. I don't have time to deal with this immature nonsense, so good luck with your spell ideas and have nice life.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2011
If KI makes a lvl 60 world they should put more room for pips on your circle because a lvl 68 spell would be 9 pips, say you have a few regular pips and a couple power pips eventually you'll run out of room

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Break it up! Break it up! Break it up! Stop fighting, or I mean arguing.
Jeffrey your making things worse by being rude! And anyways AkihiroHattori5 is right! He has a very good point!