Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

..So, what's the problem with Fairy Wings?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
It's not that it bugs me, but what bugs me is people coming up to me and asking why I have blue fairy wings on? I said I got it from my first try in the wyvern pack and they said, Fairy Wings are not in there, why did you buy those.. I'm like yes I did, what do you want me to do? Trash them? A mount? Really? I don't know what childish shows you guys must be watching to think their so girly, but I don't think they are.. So what are people's problems? Also, yes they do come from the Wyvern pack. It's m ore common than the wyvern itself. In my opinion, a girly thing is dolls, skirts, and princesses.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
I know right? I have the blue fairy wings, so I flown around in my ms house with my chest glitches and then, I invited my friends for a party in the MS house and then some people asked like: Why do you have those fairy wings? Their girly. And I was like: Its because their blue and I kinda like it, and my friend: Mark SwiftGem said: When I get crowns Ill buy those fairy wings! But its not cause their girly, its because I like them :)

I'll have to agree with you, they CAN be for boys, but sometimes girls.......

See you around.....

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I think the Orange ones are neat because they look like Monarch Butterfly wings, which reminds me of Kindergarten. We painted butterfly wings and made a reanactment of the migration of the monarchs. It was fun! Personally I think anybody can have fairy wings, though a boy with pink ones, I might find a bit strange.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Castorez wrote:
It's not that it bugs me, but what bugs me is people coming up to me and asking why I have blue fairy wings on? I said I got it from my first try in the wyvern pack and they said, Fairy Wings are not in there, why did you buy those.. I'm like yes I did, what do you want me to do? Trash them? A mount? Really? I don't know what childish shows you guys must be watching to think their so girly, but I don't think they are.. So what are people's problems? Also, yes they do come from the Wyvern pack. It's m ore common than the wyvern itself. In my opinion, a girly thing is dolls, skirts, and princesses.

its because girls like things like fairies and such

and i to have a fairy wing rental from the wyvern pack
just say ya got them in the pack and that your being honest

my name is Destiny Iceflame
lover of piggles and dragons

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
I guess a lot a boys are watching Winx Club..... :? :(
Anyway, I love the fairy wings. I don't think they're too girly, I see boys wear them sometimes. :) I guess a lot of people think that fairies are for girls.
melcookie925

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I have the orange fairy wings on my Balance wizard and enjoy them.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice

Explorer
Oct 09, 2010
I'm proud to wear my fairy wings they look really cool and make me look like a butterfly with orange wings. I dont know why people think that fairies are girly, faires can be for boys i mean is there not boy fairys.

Flint Shadowthief Legendary Myth
Flint Firebringer Magus Fire ( My Butterfly )

Explorer
Jun 13, 2010
Umm... the fairy wings are totally epic. At least they're easier to control than the wyverns. -.-

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
My friend thought it was great that i had the blue ones for a day, because we matched as we quested together. (she has the permanent ones) -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Fairy Wings Are AWESOME!!!!! :D
On the other hand I dont know why people call them girly ( Besides all the colorful wings and glitter ) :?KI never said "Its for girls only", so I dont get what the problem is.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
This whole discussion stems from how we are all raised to act and think according to our gender.

I own a pair of fairy wings too, thanks to a wyvern pack purchase. Purple. And I wear them, as they match my Storm wizard's color scheme perfectly.
In computer games like this, the anonymosity of it all lets us all act out our true colors a bit more, which ca include fairy wings.

Once we, as the human race, learn how to evolve a step beyond our current stage, this will all become moot.

(Look at the game Freeworlds. One should easily notice how the race of fairies far outnumber the other races in the game.)

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
codastar wrote:
I know right? I have the blue fairy wings, so I flown around in my ms house with my chest glitches and then, I invited my friends for a party in the MS house and then some people asked like: Why do you have those fairy wings? Their girly. And I was like: Its because their blue and I kinda like it, and my friend: Mark SwiftGem said: When I get crowns Ill buy those fairy wings! But its not cause their girly, its because I like them :)

I'll have to agree with you, they CAN be for boys, but sometimes girls.......

See you around.....

lol MarkSwiftGem. getting kinda famous isn't he? Lucky one

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
only pink fairy wings are girly and blue is an AWESOME color

Defender
May 17, 2011
razm wrote:
I'm proud to wear my fairy wings they look really cool and make me look like a butterfly with orange wings. I dont know why people think that fairies are girly, faires can be for boys i mean is there not boy fairys.

Flint Shadowthief Legendary Myth
Flint Firebringer Magus Fire ( My Butterfly )
well yes there are boy fairys, but they have no wings in the myths, and are also great chefs! they do wear dull, brown clothes and have no magic, so i can see why some myth-loving people (like me, but i will never tease anybody over this lolz) would make fun of you for wearing them.

Saffron Firehunter, Magus level 35 life wizard, with a second of fire and death.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
laulenak wrote:
well yes there are boy fairys, but they have no wings in the myths, and are also great chefs! they do wear dull, brown clothes and have no magic

I don't know what myths you're thinking of, but the real fae/faerie/fairy are devolved from the Seele and Unseele courts. There are male and female both, some of which are very nasty and some of which are not. Do a bit of research on the courts to see what the REAL myths actually are.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I like all the fairy wings. A couple of wizards on my second account have them. My storm wizard, Tatiana Nightsong has the purple fairy wings. My ice wizard, Rebecca Daybright has the blue ones. I have every one but the orange ones, but I'm thinking of getting the orange ones for my balance wizard, Isabella Emeraldgem soon :)

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
You can get them out of the wyverens hoard pack. That's how I got my fairy wings.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2010
I happen to love my fairy wings. I bought a purple pair the second they were released for my favorite wizard, my balance Iridian Starmender. She wears my favorite colors of purple and silver instead of her school colors and looks completely awesome in her wings

My myth wizard, Delaney wears a pair of the blue ones I got from the Wyvern's Horde pack.

None of my boy wizards have wings but that's b/c they're on my second account and I'm only using their crowns to unlock areas, not buy clothing, equipment, and mounts. They trade around the one broom I did buy 'cause walking is so slow when you're used to mounts. But I see no problem with them wearing fairy wings, if the wings matched their outfit. My balance over there may end up with the orange ones, since orange is one of his colors.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
eggywig wrote:
I think the Orange ones are neat because they look like Monarch Butterfly wings, which reminds me of Kindergarten. We painted butterfly wings and made a reanactment of the migration of the monarchs. It was fun! Personally I think anybody can have fairy wings, though a boy with pink ones, I might find a bit strange.

What's so bad about guys having pink fairy wings? Pink is actually more of a boys color. 8)

Explorer
May 28, 2009
I know right! I myself am a boy and, well, I sometimes find myself watching Tinkerbell and liking it... I say that there's nothing else on and end up watching the whole movie... I don't know why people think fairies are girly... I guess they think that way because a bunch of fairies are girls.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
I LOVE my fairy wings! I have orange, for a fire wizard, and they fit perfectly. I think, actually, that they are faster than normal mounts, even though the mount's description says +40% speed.