Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Major Problem With Mount Rental Prizes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
Something needs to be done about the mount rentals that you receive in the various packs or even from some bosses. My wife purchased some of the new Wyvern packs and received a bunch of 1 day fairy wing rentals. As soon as she opened the pack, the timer on the wings started counting down. She tried to sell some of them, but found out they were NO AUCTION and NO SELL. Now she has about 10 of these wings that she won't be able to do anything with. Since we are paying real money for these things, we should be able to sell them in one of the shops if we want. Another solution would be that the timer doesn't start until you equip the mount. If we play on KI Free Games and win a Mount Rental or Transformation, the countdown DOESN'T start as soon as we enter the code. The item sits in the little gift box icon until we accept the gift. That works out very nicely since we won't accept the item until we are ready to use it.

Please, seriously consider changing this. Like I said before, we are paying real money for those packs and should be able to do what we want with the contents. Thank you.

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
To be honest, I think the rentals in the gift card packs should be done away with altogether. I opened countless Dragon's Horde packs on the test realm, and I ended up receiving a number of Red Dragon, Blue Dragon, and Dragon Wings rentals. A gift that goes away after a day just doens't seem fair to someone who is essentially "gambling" their real money on the chance for the rare mounts.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Agreed that the mount's timer shouldn't start until the first time it's equipped.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
I would rather not have the mount rentals in the packs. As long as they change it so that you can do something with them (like sell them, and not for a mere 5 gold), then I would be very happy. As a result, we had a ton of these fairy wings, and yes the various dragons from the other pack, sit in our bags for a day (wasting space). You can't even dump them in your house if you wanted to clear them out of your inventory. Every other item you get in the packs can be sold, whether it's at the Bazaar or a town shop. This really needs to be looked at and changed.

The other thing I didn't understand, is why CAN'T you trade the house teleporter to your other wizards? I know you can't use it to go from one character's house to another, but why can't you trade the whole item over for use on a different character. Please, KI, these issues need to be addressed. Thank you.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
KI, Thank you for taking a look at the teleporters. I know that we are very thankful to be able to transfer extra teleporters to our other wizards. Very nice job.

Any chance you looked into the issue with the mount rentals you get in the card packs? I think this issue still needs to be addressed. As I said before, we basically lost money on mount rentals we received in the Wyvern Hoard packs. The timer started to count down immediately and we couldn't sell the rentals, even if we wanted to.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
IronMender1 wrote:
I would rather not have the mount rentals in the packs. As long as they change it so that you can do something with them (like sell them, and not for a mere 5 gold), then I would be very happy. As a result, we had a ton of these fairy wings, and yes the various dragons from the other pack, sit in our bags for a day (wasting space). You can't even dump them in your house if you wanted to clear them out of your inventory. Every other item you get in the packs can be sold, whether it's at the Bazaar or a town shop. This really needs to be looked at and changed.

The other thing I didn't understand, is why CAN'T you trade the house teleporter to your other wizards? I know you can't use it to go from one character's house to another, but why can't you trade the whole item over for use on a different character. Please, KI, these issues need to be addressed. Thank you.

um ya can put them in the shared bank

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I have had a 1 day pair of wings in my bank since July, so you can store them.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
MechaDood wrote:
Simple; put them in your bank.

I guess my main point is that, if I don't want to "store" them, or don't have the space to store them, then I should be able to sell them if I so choose. If I don't like some of the other stuff from the packs, I can sell those for gold. Why not with the mount rentals? Again, we are paying real money for the card packs, and yes it is a gamble as to what you get, but we should still be able to sell the stuff we don't want to keep. Everything else in the packs: reagents, gear, housing items, seeds, treasure cards, and even the pets can be sold.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
IronMender1 wrote:
MechaDood wrote:
Simple; put them in your bank.

I guess my main point is that, if I don't want to "store" them, or don't have the space to store them, then I should be able to sell them if I so choose. If I don't like some of the other stuff from the packs, I can sell those for gold. Why not with the mount rentals? Again, we are paying real money for the card packs, and yes it is a gamble as to what you get, but we should still be able to sell the stuff we don't want to keep. Everything else in the packs: reagents, gear, housing items, seeds, treasure cards, and even the pets can be sold.

This is very true. Something a few of us have suggested before. These rentals don't make sense for the card packs. When you get one of these it's like you only got 6 cards instead of 7. Even the multitude of housing items you obtain from these things can be sold for gold to be used on something else.....Rentals equal nothing. These need to be removed from card packs.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
i agree
rental mounts in the card packs are a loss of crowns.
when i get them i feel cheated in a way.

in physical card collections
if you get something in a pack you cant use
you can trade or sell them.
why not with those rental mounts.

or do away with them.