Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An Idea for pvp?? Whatcha think

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 07, 2010
I have been meaning to ask an opinion for the longest time and just have not got around to it till now.

Ok so I know allot of people left in the pvp hate going second. I was thinking why cant the game switch like idk ever 4 or so turns who goes first and who goes second or make it random with like a minimum of 3 turns going first or something similar??

I do not see a reason it couldn't happen and it seems like it would make the game allot more fair. Plus on top of that, almost every match I have ever seen takes more than 4 turns to win. So it would give and equal opportunity for all.

Just let me know what you think. :D

Blake NightWraith

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
This has come up in the past. And of course it sounds like a great idea. But the reason I have never agreed with it is because if this was installed. When the switch would happen one player would have two simultaneous turns. And that can be a devastating upper hand in a PvP situation.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
This has come up in the past. And of course it sounds like a great idea. But the reason I have never agreed with it is because if this was installed. When the switch would happen one player would have two simultaneous turns. And that can be a devastating upper hand in a PvP situation.
especially under the OP's proposed system when it is scheduled to a specific round. People would exploit that to no end.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
However, at the same token, PvP is designed for strategy...

This very much enables and mandates that strategies be formed on both sides...

Just because it makes a person think, does not make it an exploit... Going first every time and knowing what the other person has done, that is an exploit...

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Yea true but it give that double round chance to go to either player and battles last longer than 4 or 8 turns to equal it out. And even if the second person got to go two times back to back it would equal the advantage of going first out in the arena.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
I guess also that it sounds good but might not work for 2v2 or 3v3 or 4v4 but its more of a 1v1 thing