Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Previewing Pet Talents

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
So, I hate pet training. The only thing I hate more is wasting a ton of time and energy on a pet with useless (to me) talents. Several months back I got a silverback wildclaw to epic just to find out that all 4 talents were selfish ones. I propose a crowns purchase whereby you can see all, or at least the first 3 pet talents that would cost 250 crowns. It could be implemented as either some sort of "pet crystal ball" or "pet genome prediction mapping". This in no way trains your pet, just lets you have some idea as to whether or not its worth investing time in. Perhaps 250 crowns is too few for this idea and that's certainly open to debate, however I personally wouldn't be willing to pay more than 500 crowns for a peek at the first 3 talents. Any price over that would HAVE to include all 4. I also would not be willing to pay more than 1000 crowns for the service, period.

I'm interested in other opinions on this idea.

Thanks!

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:
So, I hate pet training. The only thing I hate more is wasting a ton of time and energy on a pet with useless (to me) talents. Several months back I got a silverback wildclaw to epic just to find out that all 4 talents were selfish ones. I propose a crowns purchase whereby you can see all, or at least the first 3 pet talents that would cost 250 crowns. It could be implemented as either some sort of "pet crystal ball" or "pet genome prediction mapping". This in no way trains your pet, just lets you have some idea as to whether or not its worth investing time in. Perhaps 250 crowns is too few for this idea and that's certainly open to debate, however I personally wouldn't be willing to pay more than 500 crowns for a peek at the first 3 talents. Any price over that would HAVE to include all 4. I also would not be willing to pay more than 1000 crowns for the service, period.

I'm interested in other opinions on this idea.

Thanks!

Well that's impossible because its random what talent you get when you level them up so it would have too show all the talents said pet can learn so it would cost around 1500 or more sorry to disappoint but its true

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Brilliant! Maybe it could buy it for 25,000 gold as well, so players who don't spend crowns can at least spend some time farming if they wish to make pet training easier.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
mginatl wrote:
Well that's impossible because its random what talent you get when you level them up so it would have too show all the talents said pet can learn so it would cost around 1500 or more sorry to disappoint but its true

No, the talents your pet gets are predetermined, this can be proved as when you train your pet on the test realm, then train it on the live realm, both pets revive the same talents.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
mginatl wrote:

The talents are selected at the time you receive the pet, not as you train it, so there would be nothing preventing them from knowing what they are ahead of time. Putting that aside, however, it would still be worth it to me if it just showed you all the talents the pet contains as opposed to which ones will be expressed as the pet gets trained. I still think this feature would be worth no more than 1000 crowns. I think KI would make a killing with something like this.