Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Experience Suggestion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 07, 2009
Because the journey to Epic on a pet is time consuming and fairly boring, I'd like to suggest that pets get BATTLE EXPERIENCE points as well as points when you train using the games.

I would give it 1 point per level of creature being battled, each time it battles. It would still be pretty slow, but at least it could get a small boost towards a level that way. Would still have to play the games to get anywhere, just would be a nice little boost.

Also, it would be nice to make it so the better abilities show up at ancient and epic with no chance of a dud talent (for example, like mana or spirited) at epic. No one wants to work that hard, and be that bored, to get a nothing talent at epic. I'd rather discard a bad pet right away and start on a new one than get burned at epic.

That being said, I enjoy the pets but think it could be a lot more fun, with more reward for the effort than it is presently. If anyone else has a suggestion, please post.

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
I like this idea, but maybe just 1 xp for every 2 or 3 ranks? Otherwise, people could just level grind their pets in Celestia, where many enemies are Rank 9 through 11.