Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Power point half back

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 12, 2009
Hi! Blaze Hawkfist here. I wanted to ask why or if anyone else is annoyed by the power points system. Most of it is great, but there's one part that annoys me. When I use things like one point attacks and traps, like feint, dark sprite (Which admit I don't really use) etc; I almost always have power pips. I end up wasting them because even though the spell only requires one pip, I use the equivalent of two for my school death. Is anyone else annoyed by this?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Power pips are a bonus for your school spells. They also work for spells of another school if you wear the Mastery Amulet for that school. They've never been good for more than one pip for spells from all schools.

The game would be way too easy if power pips counted as two pips for spells of all schools.

Defender
May 12, 2009
But thats not what I meant. What I meant was I usually have m bar filled with power pips, and I use feint, which is my school, and it takes the entire powerpip, which feels like i'm wasting one. I don't mean anything about this happening for other schools.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
colagada wrote:
Power pips are a bonus for your school spells. They also work for spells of another school if you wear the Mastery Amulet for that school. They've never been good for more than one pip for spells from all schools.

The game would be way too easy if power pips counted as two pips for spells of all schools.
I don't think that's what he meant. I think he meant 1 pip spells from his school only. So when he used a card like feint, the power pip would change into a regular pip. A card like Earthquake or Fire Cat would take up power pips instead of regular pips.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I believe what the OP was referring to is the loss of a pip. If he has a power pip and casts a 1 pip spell, the power pip is used up, effectively making the casting cost 2 pips. He would like a 1 pip refund.

I agree that this can be aggravating, but I try to think of them all as white pips, yet for main school spells they are just really effective.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice