Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Isn't this so frustrating when it happens?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Isn't it so frustrating when you lost a match all because one person's spell fizzled. I think so. Do you guys think so? No, I'm not complaining about things cause I lost a match. I'm just asking if you guys agree that it's frustrating when you lose all because of one fizzle.

Caroline Sunbright legendary theurgist
Brittany Rainriver legendary diviner
Emily Spiritriver legendary necromancer
Laura Iceheart legendary thaumaturge
& 8 more wizzies

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
Yes and no. It wouldn't be any fun if there isnt no fizzling. Yes but it does. I got in a ranked battle, full power tempest fizzled 14 times. Next minute. I died.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Abbigail623 wrote:
Yes and no. It wouldn't be any fun if there isnt no fizzling. Yes but it does. I got in a ranked battle, full power tempest fizzled 14 times. Next minute. I died.

I wasn't saying that fizzle should be out of the game. It's fine the way it is. I was just asking if anyone else thought it was frustrating when you or your team loses all because of one fizzle

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Having a Storm Wizard I say 'YES!!' Although I agree with Abigail ^, without Fizzling the game wouldn't be fun. I once had all the traps and blades set up. I even added accuracy to my Storm Lord and PZZZ, fizzle. I literally almost had a tantrum. Hehe...

*~Kayla~* Lvl. 57 Grandmaster Diviner
*~Kiley Dreamer~* Lvl. 17 Journeyman Sorcerer

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I once had a fire prism,(my enemy was a pyromancer too) fire blade, fire shield, and I was ready to cast sunbird, when it fizzled. I only had 127 hp left, when he casted lightning bats and then I wiped out. Another person was with me but she couldn't heal me because she wasn't life and didn't have any life spells.

Suri Thunderheart lvl 23 (or 24) pyromancer

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
Rihanna12 wrote:
Abbigail623 wrote:

I wasn't saying that fizzle should be out of the game. It's fine the way it is. I was just asking if anyone else thought it was frustrating when you or your team loses all because of one fizzle

I was making a statement. :P Yes it is still fustrating. I remembered when I was in this 2v2 duel. I was almost dead but my friend was a life also, though she is a lvl 60 and her blocks for criticals is really high. My opponent was a 60 Ice and 60 Balance. The Ice got defeated from a Forest Lord thing. (Sorry if you are the Ice wizard at the minute and if you see this I hope this doesn't offend you lol) and then the balance was about to die. He was about to cast the power nova and then he said," Abigail's dead." Nope it fizzled. And then I casted insane bolt (treasure) on the balance (Sorry if you see this lol) and yup we won. I still hate it how I got lowered from a high rank down to the first rank again just because of a unhelpful fizzle. lol

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
Ya, I find it really frustrating. Especially when you are second and have a chance to win but you fizzle.

Defender
Oct 04, 2009
very
on my lvl 59 life Anna Sunflower (this was a long time ago) i was fighting some boss in malreyBone and was almost dead i cast a healing spell and it fizzled
i died the next turn
then i brought my grandmaster fire (Grandmaster was as good as you got back when this happoned) Elizabeth FireBreath and dragoned the boss
i did a simaller thing to rattlebonzes when my death Larue NightHunter was defeat by him though she died not because of fizzing