Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Different Types of Dueling

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Instead of the regular way of dueling, which is just taking turns around the circle, I thought that there should be multiple ways to duel. These could be active during a whole area or tower or just come up randomly in the next world. So these are the ones I thought of:

Random Dueling
The order is totally random (Also could be called scatter dueling)

Trade-Off Dueling
First person of the first team, first person of the second team, second person of the first team, second person of second team, third person of first team, third person of second team, fourth person of first team, fourth person of second team

Reverse Trade-Off Dueling
Reverse of the previous type

Regular Dueling
Clockwise dueling

Reverse Regular Dueling
Counter clockwise dueling

One-On-One Dueling
The only person you can attack is the person occupying the space opposite of the one you are in, except for AoE attacks. If there is no one in the opposite space of you or if they are defeated, then you can only attack the person one counter clockwise space of theirs.

Well that's all I have for now. Please add and comment.
-Blaze ShadowHunter, Legendary Pyromancer

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
This is an interesting concept... I just don't get what the point of this would be, and it seems to hard to code and frustrating for the wizards involved. It's actually a fairly good idea, but it's kind of confusing me.

Sophia AshHeart
Level 45 Balance

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
could you please elaborate on the trade-off duelling, I don't entirely understand it.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
cookiejar42 wrote:
This is an interesting concept... I just don't get what the point of this would be, and it seems to hard to code and frustrating for the wizards involved. It's actually a fairly good idea, but it's kind of confusing me.

Sophia AshHeart
Level 45 Balance

This would change it up so we wouldn't have the same thing every time we battle.
Phoenixtail wrote:
could you please elaborate on the trade-off dueling...

The two first people would go, then the two second people, then the two third people, then the two fourth, one before the other.

Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
I agree that a variety of types of duels should be available and a random set up would be fun to challenge people's versatility.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Desferous wrote:
I agree that a variety of types of duels should be available and a random set up would be fun to challenge people's versatility.

Exactly my point